What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

MBB GAME THREAD - CU @ Wash St. | Feb. 20th @ 8pm | Pac 12 Net

Pac 12 Tournament Predictions from Team Rankings
They give buffs a 7.39% chance to win Pac 12 tourney.

If you believe this model, Colorado would be +1253 to win the tournament (100 bet wins 1253). This model is definitely less bullish on udub winning the conference tourney. Normally, I think this would be correct, except during the outlier of this season (i.e. there’s a higher than normal chance only one P12 team goes to the NCAA tournament).

If you had to put honest odds of CU winning the PAC 12 tourney, what would you say? 14-1? 12-1? 20-1? Lower? Higher?
Check back after the game in Seattle. I’m not sure we’re dramatically better than we were after the Oregon State loss, but our confidence has been up, and we’ve fought through some close wins. Hoping the UW game doesn’t demoralize.

Which means if we had managed to win this one and beat a bad Oregon State at home, everything else equal we are 11-7 and looking at a first round bye.

Opportunity lost (again.)

Not only that, but if we had beaten San Diego, Indiana St, Hawaii, Zona (road), ASU (road), UDub, Utah and Furd too, we'd be undefeated and #1 in the country.

Right now the only team most project to make the tournament is udub. They’re 100/1 to win the NCAA tournament. I can’t find Colorado listed on most sites.

CU is one of the best 6-7 teams in the conference and likely underdogs against everybody from the quarters onward. You’re looking at CU as 25/1 or 30/1 to win the P12 tournament.

Entirely dependent on the bracket. If the tourney was tomorrow, I would probably say 5 to 1, 7 to 1, to get to the finals. Will have a much better feeling for how we would fair against UW after Saturday.

Entirely dependent on the bracket. If the tourney was tomorrow, I would probably say 5 to 1, 7 to 1, to get to the finals. Will have a much better feeling for how we would fair against UW after Saturday.

Then you should bet on CU heavily because their odds will be much better than that to advance. They’ll likely be +175 to +225 dogs against nearly everybody they’ll face.

It has been repeated multiple times on this board, and it's simply not true: OREGON STATE IS NOT BAD. Basketball is not football. They're in 2nd place in the conference. The loss was frustrating because the game was very winnable. They are not bad.

Clarify a couple things, first they were bad that night, as you stated that was a very winnable game with the Beavers giving the Buffs as good an opportunity to win as they could ask for and CU didn't take advantage.

Secondly, and this is part of why it is so frustrating, nobody in the conference including Washington is a great or even excellent team. There are some good ones, especially on their home court but it isn't like any game is a no-hoper, especially on our home court.

Had we taken care of business in even a couple more games and yes we would be in position to potentially have a first round bye. With the conference the way it is this year I'm not saying it would be easy but going to the tourney and winning 3 games in a row would certainly not be out of reasonable possibilities, especially if chips fall as they have in some prior years and the top seeds get beat early.

It is of course still possible to win 4 in a row but getting the bye and cutting that to 3 makes the odds go way up

Then you should bet on CU heavily because their odds will be much better than that to advance. They’ll likely be +175 to +225 dogs against nearly everybody they’ll face.

They would be favored against WSU in Vegas. Would be 6 vs 11. They would be really tight with the 3 seed ASU. Then it gets murkier.

They would be favored against WSU in Vegas. Would be 6 vs 11. They would be really tight with the 3 seed ASU. Then it gets murkier.

After last night’s game, I think CU is much closer (and possibly close as a dog) to wazzu. I think they’re significant dogs to ASU and Udub.

Clarify a couple things, first they were bad that night, as you stated that was a very winnable game with the Beavers giving the Buffs as good an opportunity to win as they could ask for and CU didn't take advantage.

That’s not what you were saying. And they were not bad that night. Tinkle played terrific in that game. It was a missed opportunity.

Back