What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Mel Tucker leaves CU for Michigan State

Well I am about done with CU football. I would not be surprised if we suck for another decade. If I was a coach I would be wary of coming here. Maybe just hire Chev and say **** it. At least he loves the program. NCAA needs to change rules for the kids that just got ****ed over. Not fair to them. Maybe I will start watching basketball.

MT is absolutely getting hammered by coaches, former coaches and sports analysts nationally. That great reputation he had - gone!

One thing could make this day better - if the MSU board that is meeting at 3:00pm decides not to allow the hire! Given his resignation at CU, the douche nozzle would be without a job and his reputation permanently stained!

Plus, he would owe us $3 million.

Buyout details for Tucker

if he leaves:
In 2019: $4 million
In 2020: $3 million
In 2021: $1.8 million
In 2022: $1 million
In 2023: $1 million

If we fire him:
In 2019: $12 million
In 2020: $10.7 million
In 2021: $8.85 million
In 2022: $6.45 million
In 2023: $3.5 million

This really is poor contract writing

Let me address this since I’ve seen it mentioned several times. It is certainly a contract weighted in favor of the coach and not the school. However, that’s pretty common.

It MAY have been a bad contract to have a low buyout, but remember attracting Tucker to CU was a negotiation. He may have insisted on the low buyout or would not have come at all. None of us were in that negotiation room.

I’d do it for 100k a year and I’d never Tucking leave. No Tucking way. At the end of the day you gotta be able to look at yourself in the mirror. Price of mind is priceless.

It will be interesting to see his coaching staff at MSU. Were his struggles getting assistants really due to money or is his pull not very good?

seems like a good reason to sign up for my first season tickets. If you’re a <10 year graduate it’s a great promotion they’re running. F Tucker.

Everyone is comparing this to when Neuheisal left.....it is SO much worse. This won't be a popular factoid, but Rick wanted to stay at CU, but was told to leave by Tharp.

The exact opposite happened here.

Good riddance. He was garbage anyway. Showed that this season.

I bet MikMak is laughing his ass off right now.

Will Alfano follow to sparty?

Back