What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
No. He isn't getting a raise until he starts winning. But he's just north of $2 million, which is on the lower end for P5 head coaches. He sacrificed some salary in order to pay his assistants well. What I'm saying is that if we pay a DC, let's say $750K, then we'd better be ready to up the OC's salary. My bigger point is that, after selling the new facilities and getting a big financial commitment for that, now he's going to have to go to donors and the regents and sell a higher salary structure. That won't be easy and could account for the time this is taking.

NO! This staff is 6-18, and led this program to its first winless conference season in almost a century. As bad as we think WB and staff were, this was one feat they didn't pull off. The guys we know will be here DO NOT DESERVE raises (I assume the new DC will have latitude to replace Jeffcoat and Charles Clark if they see the need to do so). Not even Brian Lindgren. I think we all agree that he had a good season as playcaller. That said, he is responsible for the QBs, and Sefo regressed in a BIG way. Lindgren has to take some of the blame for that. On top of that, he doesn't have other suitors banging down his door. Stop arguing for this-Nobody deserves one, and its a bad PR move.

Claiming that Lindgren doesn't deserve a pay raise is absurd. And Sefo did not regress in a BIG way.

Tini, it is not "absurd" for someone to think that no coaches on the current staff deserve a raise. It is quite reasonable, just as arguing Lindgren deserving a raise is a reasonable opinion as well.

pick 6 say otherwise

While there were some inopportune turnovers, I feel most of those were a product of a true sophomore feeling like he had to throw for 350yds and 4TDs for us to win, due to a defense that couldn't stop anyone. Hence the necessity of the "New DC" thread that we are currently posting in.

I also find it disingenuous to point to the picks while making no mention of the passing records Sefo broke this year. He had some issues but was also arguably the second most productive player on the team.

Overpaying for your top choice is one thing, and since it's not my money I have no problem with it. It's when we have to overpay for the 3rd or 4th guy on our list that makes CU look like amateur hour - I hope that's not the position we will be in.

Claiming that Lindgren doesn't deserve a pay raise is absurd. And Sefo did not regress in a BIG way.

He doesn't. The results don't warrant it. Let me give you a couple of examples-Sefo threw a pick six against Utah that flipped the momentum of the game and lost it for us. Sefo turned the ball over three times (2 picks and a fumble) against Arizona, and they scored off of all of three.

He doesn't. The results don't warrant it. Let me give you a couple of examples-Sefo threw a pick six against Utah that flipped the momentum of the game and lost it for us. Sefo turned the ball over three times (2 picks and a fumble) against Arizona, and they scored off of all of three.

It's amazing how you choose to only see one criteria when evaluating him. Lindgren should make at least what Baer was making last year.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It's amazing how you choose to only see one criteria when evaluating him. Lindgren should make at least what Baer was making last year.

Baer made $457,500. Lindgren made $455,000. (USA Today). They were pretty much equal...

Baer made $457,500. Lindgren made $455,000. (USA Today). They were pretty much equal...

Thought there was a larger difference, but Lindgren deserves a raise. You bringup Sefo's interceptions does not change that.

Well it's a good thing that all assistants performed at the same level. And the bolded does not match up. Should you pay someone for performance or not? Lindgren had a hell of a year as a OC and his offense put the team in a position to win, but he doesn't deserve a raise? He has very little impact on what happens on the defensive side of the ball.

You took two sentences in my post from two different contexts and tried to put them together. Nice try.

The record does not support raises for any coach on the current staff. I'm not going to go into specifics about the offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach except use one word, interceptions. You can continue to go on and on about the OC/QB coach all you want. I have my opinion and I'm standing by it.

The sentence regarding paying for success refers only to paying for a new defensive coordinator. Go argue with someone else.

Lindgren doesn't deserve a raise?

Since you are the stat guy - our offensive efficiency sucked, red zone offense was bad, clock management was bad, yards per attempt dropped 3 yards (big decrease). We were 0-9 in conference play. Nobody deserves a raise. Lindgren is not contributing much in recruiting.

Claiming a freshmen regressed is a little hard-pressed imo. Sefo has a lot of work to do especially in protecting the ball category. Not sure that he regressed the way you are claiming though.

If someone came in with more money for Lindgren, would you guys match or beat it? Or let him go?

From phone

I think Lindgren is a huge improvement at offense. I would beat it, to keep him. But I also agree that our team needs to win to get pay raises. Why not give Lindgren some incentives this coming year? That way, improved results generate more pay??

I'm also all in favor of paying big money to get a good DC. But that's different. Getting a great, dynamic new DC may cost us a lot, but it's worth it.

If someone came in with more money for Lindgren, would you guys match or beat it? Or let him go?

From phone

From phone

I'd hope we'd match or beat it. Offense wasn't the greatest show on turf or anything, but it was a lot better than anything we've seen for a long time. Plus replacing both coordinators at this juncture seems a little excessive along with possibly a few assistants on defense being changed up.

Since you are the stat guy - our offensive efficiency sucked, red zone offense was bad, clock management was bad, yards per attempt dropped 3 yards (big decrease). We were 0-9 in conference play. Nobody deserves a raise. Lindgren is not contributing much in recruiting.

Thanks for pointing these things out.
To stay on topic, I'm sure looking forward to having a proven defensive coordinator. Hopefully he is named as soon as the bowl games are finished.

From phone
I really like Lindgren and what he did this year. I guess it depends on if you think his ultimate goal is to become a head coach or not.

• So you don't think Lindgren is at least an average offensive coordinator in the Pac 12? In 2014, the average salary in the Pac 12 for a OC was $517,223, Lindgren was paid 12% below that at $455,000.
  • Our offensive efficiency, according to Football Outsiders, averaged 77.5 using Field Position (#118), F +/ (#59), FEI (#56), and S&P+ (#77), there were 128 observations for each of those. Using that, it is clear that field position is an outlier of those 4 and field position is taken into account in some of the metrics and field position is not something the offensive can impact all that much directly.
  • Our red zone offense was #23 in the nation of Score%, #46 in TD%, and #53 in FG% out of 45 attempt
  • Offensive adjusted points per game was 30.55
  • Using Lindgren as a recruiter as evidence for him not getting a raise is dumb. He's the QB coach and his one job is to recruit a QB that cycle and then focus on the offense.

Why did the yards per play drop? SImple, we didn't have Richardson to stretch the top of the field, that doesn't mean all that much when deciding what salary someone should be paid. Lindgren's offense put the team in a position to win all by two conference games when it had one of the youngest offenses in the Pac 12 (and nationally I believe) and logically one of the ones with lower talent.

You neg repped me? :rofl: what a douche.

• So you don't think Lindgren is at least an average offensive coordinator in the Pac 12? In 2014, the average salary in the Pac 12 for a OC was $517,223, Lindgren was paid 12% below that at $455,000.
  • Our offensive efficiency, according to Football Outsiders, averaged 77.5 using Field Position (#118), F +/ (#59), FEI (#56), and S&P+ (#77), there were 128 observations for each of those. Using that, it is clear that field position is an outlier of those 4 and field position is taken into account in some of the metrics and field position is not something the offensive can impact all that much directly.
  • Our red zone offense was #23 in the nation of Score%, #46 in TD%, and #53 in FG% out of 45 attempt
  • Using Lindgren as a recruiter as evidence for him not getting a raise is dumb. He's the QB coach and his one job is to recruit a QB that cycle and then focus on the offense.

Why did the yards per play drop? SImple, we didn't have Richardson to stretch the top of the field, that doesn't mean all that much when deciding what salary someone should be paid. Lindgren's offense put the team in a position to win all by two conference games when it had one of the youngest offenses in the Pac 12 (and nationally I believe) and logically one of the ones with lower talent.

Tini Slapped?

I think its a bad pr move to do it. Nothing says we're fine with being bad to average like giving an assistant a raise after a 2-10 season and a donut in conference play....especially when that assistant has zero interest whatsoever from other teams.

I think its a bad pr move to do it. Nothing says we're fine with being bad to average like giving an assistant a raise after a 2-10 season and a donut in conference play....especially when that assistant has zero interest whatsoever from other teams.

You going to neg rep me like a bitch again?

I think Lindgren is a huge improvement at offense. I would beat it, to keep him. But I also agree that our team needs to win to get pay raises. Why not give Lindgren some incentives this coming year? That way, improved results generate more pay??

I'm also all in favor of paying big money to get a good DC. But that's different. Getting a great, dynamic new DC may cost us a lot, but it's worth it.

I'd be for this....

Back