What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New DC Poll-Top 4 candidates

Rank order the top 4 candidates.

• D Gibbs

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • C Pendergast

Votes: 71 64.0%
  • DJ Durkin

Votes: 34 30.6%
  • G Gibbs

Votes: 13 11.7%

• Total voters
  • So you don't think Lindgren is at least an average offensive coordinator in the Pac 12? In 2014, the average salary in the Pac 12 for a OC was $517,223, Lindgren was paid 12% below that at $455,000.
  • Our offensive efficiency, according to Football Outsiders, averaged 77.5 using Field Position (#118), F +/ (#59), FEI (#56), and S&P+ (#77), there were 128 observations for each of those. Using that, it is clear that field position is an outlier of those 4 and field position is taken into account in some of the metrics and field position is not something the offensive can impact all that much directly.
  • Our red zone offense was #23 in the nation of Score%, #46 in TD%, and #53 in FG% out of 45 attempt
  • Offensive adjusted points per game was 30.55
  • Using Lindgren as a recruiter as evidence for him not getting a raise is dumb. He's the QB coach and his one job is to recruit a QB that cycle and then focus on the offense.

Why did the yards per play drop? SImple, we didn't have Richardson to stretch the top of the field, that doesn't mean all that much when deciding what salary someone should be paid. Lindgren's offense put the team in a position to win all by two conference games when it had one of the youngest offenses in the Pac 12 (and nationally I believe) and logically one of the ones with lower talent.

You neg repped me? :rofl: what a douche.

77th most efficient offense and you want to give the guy a raise. Yes, guys that can recruit are at a premium and it factors into pay. That you are considering giving a raise to anyone on a staff that was 0-9 in conference is crazy. For example Bobo was making $575,000 at Georgia and he was a good recruiter.

77th most efficient offense and you want to give the guy a raise. Yes, guys that can recruit are at a premium and it factors into pay. That you are considering giving a raise to anyone on a staff that was 0-9 in conference is crazy. For example Bobo was making $575,000 at Georgia and he was a good recruiter.

Can you answer my question? Or keep avoiding it? If the defense can't stop teams and special teams don't help with field position your efficiency is going to decrease. Do you even understand the efficiency stats? Lindgren should be paid as an average offensive coordinator at this point.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Can you answer my question? Or keep avoiding it? If the defense can't stop teams and special teams don't help with field position your efficiency is going to decrease. Do you even understand the efficiency stats? Lindgren should be paid as an average offensive coordinator at this point.

I thought I have answered your question several times - No he does not deserve a raise. Is there another question on the table?

If raises are ties solely to individual performance only than we have a lot of AC's who will take pay cuts. And if that's the case how much should MM have made this season? Let's cut his $2mil to about 400k for the 2 wins we managed

If raises are ties solely to individual performance only than we have a lot of AC's who will take pay cuts. And if that's the case how much should MM have made this season? Let's cut his $2mil to about 400k for the 2 wins we managed
Your turn Tini

I thought I have answered your question several times - No he does not deserve a raise. Is there another question on the table?

So you're basically saying you don't understand the efficiency stats, refuse to acknowledge the other side of the ball being the issue, don't actually look at the stats before posting, and that despite lots of improvement in 2014 Lindgren should not be compensated with the average salary of his peers? Let alone that you are ignoring talent level differences and experience.

RG-"Thank you for stepping into my office Mr. Lindgren. We saw that you fielded an average offense this past fall. However, we see that you are compensated slightly below average among your peers. To rectify this problem we are immediately giving you approximately a $12,000 raise to ensure you are paid the average wage for an average performance."

Full disclaimer: I'm a fan of Lindgren.

Carry on

So you're basically saying you don't understand the efficiency stats, refuse to acknowledge the other side of the ball being the issue, don't actually look at the stats before posting, and that despite lots of improvement in 2014 Lindgren should not be compensated with the average salary of his peers? Let alone that you are ignoring talent level differences and experience.

Lindgren is the 5th highest paid OC in the Pac 12 - he makes more than Scott Frost despite Frost having been given a modest raise this season. He makes plenty.

Edit: I should clarify that USC and Stanford don't disclose as private institutions, so Lindgren is somewhere between 5th and 7th. Still plenty.

Last edited:
Lindgren is the 5th highest paid OC in the Pac 12 - he makes more than Scott Frost despite Frost having been given a modest raise this season. He makes plenty.

Edit: I should clarify that USC and Stanford don't disclose as private institutions, so Lindgren is somewhere between 5th and 7th. Still plenty.
And both should be paid more. I really don't understand the opposition to pay Lindgren closer to the average salary in the Pac 12

So, who will be our DC, bitches?
That is certainly the driving question for this thread vs. salaries for our Offensive coordinator. I do agree with Tini that Lindgren performed pretty well this year all things considered, but the dude got a huge raise when he came to CU, and while this is not all on him, we won 2 game this year. Noone on staff deserves a raise. I am all for performance-based incentives though, and in CFB, the most important stat is W/L.

Back to the point, we are hoping that when the bowls of the interim HCs wrap-up in the next 2 days, we might know something definitive. In the meantime, I think D Gibbs must be considered the front runner with Pendergast and even Durkin still in the running.

And both should be paid more. I really don't understand the opposition to pay Lindgren closer to the average salary in the Pac 12

Bloomgren is also the Oline coach at Stanford, so hard to compare apples-to-apples. I'm not sure Helton makes as much as Lindgren.

Regardless, this is ridiculous to even be discussing, is he asking for a raise? Does he have another offer somewhere? Then there's no need, he is paid very well for a guy in his 2nd season at the P5 level. The OC for the nation's top offense is paid $55k less than Lindgren. You can't go adjusting these guys salaries every single year because they only go up - you can't adjust someone down after a sh**ty year.

Last edited:
Interesting, especially if they move him to a position coach. I'd imagine it must be a hit to the ego if you're basically demoted in favor of someone 29 years your junior who is now your boss.

Some speculation that Durkin and Mattison would be co-defensive coordinators. Also have heard that Mattison is a couple years out from retirement, and doesn't really want to uproot himself at this point to start over someplace else.

Some speculation that Durkin and Mattison would be co-defensive coordinators. Also have heard that Mattison is a couple years out from retirement, and doesn't really want to uproot himself at this point to start over someplace else.
Interesting. Not sure why either would do that though?

I dont understand what is the game set match? Lindgren is the 7th highest paid oc in our conf. Are we mad or happy about that?
Out of all the confusing and pointless arguments, this is right at the top. Honestly haven't a clue what the hell is going on itt

From phone

I know this is not the best conversation for this thread, but does anybody actually think Neinas is going to be out of a job? (I know we all WANT that but just wondering if anybody thinks it will actually happen)

I know this is not the best conversation for this thread, but does anybody actually think Neinas is going to be out of a job? (I know we all WANT that but just wondering if anybody thinks it will actually happen)
well I shouldn't say I want him out of a job.. Because I would love to see him join the Cornhuskers staff!

Back