What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Northern Colorado Game Week (Official Thread)

Strange that Miller did not get snaps today. I thought he played well last week, better than Kaiser.

Respectfully, who/where?
Look at the stats. I though the OL took a step and that Montez got some chemistry going with his WRs. On defense, I think that some of the younger guys looked better. Far from a complete team, but I'm seeing more pieces.

Look at the stats. I though the OL took a step and that Montez got some chemistry going with his WRs. On defense, I think that some of the younger guys looked better. Far from a complete team, but I'm seeing more pieces.
exactly... I thought this was the best game by Montez since Oregon and I love how all four main WRs got TDs.
I continue to see what might be a solid FG kicker as well. The O line needs lots of help but did seem to improve in the second half.
If Montez had not overthrown the WR right before halftime the score could have been 35-7 at the half and probably a very different game.

Just let Montez do his thing. He seems to be as accurate on the run as he does in the pocket. There were times in the game where he had gigantic yards in front of him and you could tell he was forcing a throw somewhere. Just unleash him and roll with the issues that come with it.

Fair. Hard for me to draw too many conclusions based on level of competition. We'll all know more next week.

Just let Montez do his thing. He seems to be as accurate on the run as he does in the pocket. There were times in the game where he had gigantic yards in front of him and you could tell he was forcing a throw somewhere. Just unleash him and roll with the issues that come with it.

I would tend to agree with this point. If we could use a little play faking and move the pocket to the left or right, it would help the OLine, and it seems to help Montez. Also, our receivers are better improv than they are running the lame routes the OC has designed. I have a sneaky feeling that this team will actually show up next Saturday night and will play up to the competition, just like they have played down to the competition.

I'm not a big fan of the Greek system, but this is the most ridiculous complaint about Montez I've heard. Was anyone complaining about Eric Bieniemy when he threw up the Omega sign every time he scored a touchdown?

Slight difference between a historically African American frat and Sigma Pi. If the optics weren't bad, then it wouldn't have been falsely passed off as some sort of tribute to a student Montez didn't even know was dead at the time.

If Montez had Sefo or PL's mindset we would be miles ahead of where we're at. But if you like your QBs repping their party club over their team, he's definitely your guy.

Every player makes mistakes, some players mistakes are excused more than others. This somehow still seems like a foreign concept to you as if there is no context at all in regards to Adkins' career.

He only fumbled once today.:confused:
Again. He fumbled. He was benched.

I really hope some of you aren't coaches. Mistakes arent graded on a sliding scale from player to player and the "doghouse" is a joke. Makes coaches look petty.

Based on the massive number of losses by the lower half of the Top 25 (Tennessee, Kansas State, and UCLA), there is a strong possibility that we sneak in at #24 or #25???

I didn't see most of the game, was Adkins really laughing like it was no big deal or did the camera just catch him at the wrong moment where maybe he was giving a nervous smile to something someone said to him?

A fumble most definitely a mistake and it happens to everybody, but thats not what bothers me. It's after his mistake when he's over on the bench smiling about it. That didn't bother you?

Again. He fumbled. He was benched.

I really hope some of you aren't coaches. Mistakes arent graded on a sliding scale from player to player and the "doghouse" is a joke. Makes coaches look petty.

I am not even sure what your point is anymore.

If you are a backup RB and you make major mistakes in limited playing time, of course it is going to have an effect on your playing time going forward. Do you really think Lindsay would be benched if had fumbled today?

Based on the massive number of losses by the lower half of the Top 25 (Tennessee, Kansas State, and UCLA), there is a strong possibility that we sneak in at #24 or #25???
Maybe. I'd almost rather us not. The team doesn't deserve more credit. I think they are a little complacent and resting on their laurels. Hope they prove me wrong.

Maybe. I'd almost rather us not. The team doesn't deserve more credit. I think they are a little complacent and resting on their laurels. Hope they prove me wrong.

They are either going to be ready for next week or it is hopeless. A ranking will not determine if they come out fired up against a top 10 team on national TV.

Back