What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2012 Colorado Coach Search Rumor Compendium - Waiting for the RB Coach

Beginning to look like Mikey has screwed the pooch...again.

Hello, Troy? It's Mike....

Eric Goodman @EricGoodman
Been told... A lot of nervous people at Dal Ward as everyone waits for Butch Jones decision. #CUBUFFS
Apparently we still await the fat lady.

He's tweeting about the coaching situation right now...

Neill Woelk ‏@NeillWoelk Word is that #CUBuffs' eggs aren't all in one basket. They have obviously ID'd top choice, but other candidates on campus last week.

Still has a few of his old contacts in the rolodex obviously :nod:

I thought he was always the "columnist", like Thorburn is now, while at least the last few years, Ringo was the beat writer?

Thorburn's not a "columnist". He's the beat writer for the basketball stuff while helping out with football. I'm not sure the BDC has a "columnist" a la Woelk anymore.

BDC article: http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-colle...s-undecided-cu-buffs-offer?source=most_viewed

Mullen No
Mendenhall No
Grobe No
Anderson No (already knew that)

If no Butch,

then,

DeRuyter
MacIntyre
Mystery Man

Beginning to underwhelm Mike.

How is DeRuyter/MacIntyre/Mystery Man significantly worse than Butch? Ok, I'll give you Mystery Man since he's, well...a mystery. But How is D-Root or McIntyre significantly worse than Butch? If Butch passes, we haven't missed on a sure thing. There is risk with all of them.

How is DeRuyter/MacIntyre/Mystery Man significantly worse than Butch? Ok, I'll give you Mystery Man since he's, well...a mystery. But How is D-Root or McIntyre significantly worse than Butch? If Butch passes, we haven't missed on a sure thing. There is risk with all of them.
True, but I go by the criteria MB himself set, HC experience, BCS level. None of the listed guys, excepting the mystery man, have BCS HC experience, so count me underwhelmed. MB cannot eff this up. But it appears he has whiffed on his HC BCS criteria, unless Butch finally says yes, which I doubt.

So DeRuyter, one whole year of HC epxerience. McINtyre, don't know how many years, but we're talking MWC and BigWest or whatever conference SJSU is in. To me those are bigger risks that say Strong or Jones who have been HC's at the BCS level. I won't say Hawk 2.0, but those guys are cut from the same cloth. Maybe they'll be fabulous...I hope so, whomever it is.

Last edited:
12/5 Update: Per Reed Marks last night on milehighsports radio (also goes with 247's reporting) - we probably won't know what Butch is doing until after his Belk bowl duties (he's flying to the bowl location today for something) are complete this afternoon. Reed did report that once a decision is made, due to the public nature of this coaching search, it should leak within 30 minutes.

As of right now, other options are swirling, but nothing definitive. The two fan favorites appear to be SJSU head coach MacIntyre and FSU head coach DeRuyter, with a dash of BYU's Mendenhall thrown in.

On a sidenote, last night Reedmarks reported that the facilities are a go, and they are significant, including a 50 million dollar "down payment" already committed from private funds. As far as details go, he talked about it being focused on football, with a new IPF, an enlarged Dal Ward, and a completely revamped west side of Folsom. There is more information dug up by club members, for club members in the members only forums.

Edit: small update - hat tip rivals and Neill Woelk - Butch was/is on campus at Cincy this morning meeting with their AD/Pres (wonder what about?) and will then fly to Charlotte.
http://cincinnati.com/blogs/uc/2012/12/05/jones-meeting-with-bab****/

Last edited:
There is no good being done by thinking about this decision for a couple days. Either you go or you stay. People gotta move on!

images

This is so stupid. Butch is D*cking everyone around. He needs to S*it or get off the pot. if he doesnt want to commit find someone who will take our truck load of money and upgrades. F THis!!!

Didn't see any flights departing from Cincy to any CO airports in flight tracker fwiw

Reed Marks @reedmarks
News will break very soon one way or the other on #CU coaching search. Soon as in soon. @MileHighSports @Allbuffs @gtheproducer

here we go?

Reed Marks @reedmarks
@gtheproducer @MileHighSports @Allbuffs I don't think so, but we will know more in the next hour

Last edited:
Reminds me of Mitch Hedberg's comedy routine about hanging around base camp for a mountain climbing expediton, drinking hot chocolate and sleeping in colorful tents....he walks by someone whos asks when he's going to the summit and Mitch replies, "SOON."

Same deal here "SOON"!

Why is he doing Cincinnati duties for a bowl game he wouldn't coach if he is coming to Colorado...just tell us thanks but no thanks and get on with it already.

Why is he doing Cincinnati duties for a bowl game he wouldn't coach if he is coming to Colorado...just tell us thanks but no thanks and get on with it already.

Fair point, though him coaching the bowl game and accepting this position are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Back