What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Colorado @ California Football Game thread

Crushed. Just crushed. That game would have been such a payoff for such hard work and a real step forward in terms of buying in to the improvement we have been seeing.

But I think the last play on our possession was a no win for the coaches unless we scored. If we went up the middle again (with a RB or QB) we would have slammed them for their predictability. When they try something a bit less predictable we slam them for getting cute so near to the goal line. It just sucks to lose a game we fought this hard for.

Kudos to the players and the coaches. They left their hearts out there. I haven't seen the Buffs play with this sort of fortitude in years. They deserved to be rewarded for it. I'm proud of them.

Last edited:
I think they have finally broke me, I feel nothing. Seriously, I am actually in a pretty good mood.

We would have bitched and called Mac a pussy for kicking instead of going for it on 4th. Especially given Oliver's failures in the game. That said, we know our failures running the ball beginning with 1st and goal. If we have the ball at the 2 yard line we need to try a slant to Spruce, a slant to Spruce, a slant to Spruce, and finally, a slant to Spruce.

Fantastic day on Offense. Defense was good at times. Hard to slow down that offense. Few busted coverages killed us. Game is different with Tedric in there. Bad day on ST. Again.

This one sucks.

Did Oliver miss one at the end. God you guys suck at explaining what happened

Oliver missed THREE kicks during regulation.

The Buffs had it 1st and goal at the 2 yard line in the 2nd OT. They ran three plays straight up the gut - all stopped. On 4th and goal from the 2, they tried some goofy misdirection play where Sefo faked the handoff to the FB, then faked a quick pitch over to the RB, spun around as though he was going to run a bootleg, and had about 3 Cal players who smashed him as soon as he turned around.

Did Oliver miss one at the end. God you guys suck at explaining what happened

Went for it on fourth and one from the one. Sefo faked the handoff and rolled a little to the right where he was immediately snowed under by three or four defenders. It looked like a broken play, and Mac was livid at someone. Lindgren, I guess.

Last edited:
Went for it on fourth and one from the one. Sefo faked the handoff and rolled a little to the right where he was immediately snowed under by three or four defenders. It looked like a broken play, at Mac was livid at someone. Lindgren, I guess.

He was chewing out Lindgren. Had to be.

Plays calls need to pass through Mac from now on. No doubt he would have vetoed that one.

I just....

mother ****er.

mother ****er.

mother ****er.

GL call on 4th was awful.

Best game from a CU QB in a decade and you put him on the 1 yd line and have run some stupid misdirection playfake?????

THey couldn't stop Spruce all game and you don't make a pass to him on any 4 of those plays with goal to go? WTF.
There is some merit to this. However, our offense delivered in a amazing way today. Most of the darts should be pointed at the defense and special teams return coverage (again).

Fantastic day on Offense. Defense was good at times. Hard to slow down that offense. Few busted coverages killed us. Game is different with Tedric in there. Bad day on ST. Again.

This one sucks.

Game is different if we have some transcendent RBs who can create yardage and a line that's able to block for them, too. If our offense wasn't so one-dimensional we could've handled things a little better and ran the clock in the 2nd half.

Because we hadn't stopped CAL and our kicker was 0 for 3. Is this even a legit question or just salt on the wounds?

To be fair, yes, he had missed three FGs from 35-45 yds or so. But he hadn't missed any EPs ... and that was from EP distance.

Nonetheless, I agree with going for the TD from the 1. We hadn't stopped Goff in the OT. And the play was busted ... apparently Sefo and TJ were not on the same page.

Lindgren called a pretty good game for the most part. We scored 49 points in regulation people.

No doubt real coaches and coordinators would have made Oliver make at least one of those kicks.
Nope, that was all on Oliver.... I dont know where the F he was at today, but it wasnt at the Cal game playing for the Buffs. Still should've kicked the FG instead of going for it

I'm sorry to say this because he is a kicker but those fgs killed us. It wasn't some epiphany Cal had at halftime.

Back