What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

official 2014 Colorado @ USC game thread

***Official Game Thread -- CU @ USC***

Still think the zebras were too influential in the first few series. Way easier to play D when you have a 21-0 lead. Pac12 doesn't want parity, they want a team in the playoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Explain to me how undersized DEs and LBs are magically going to get better as upperclassmen.

(Eagerly await the deflection)

Saying that players don't get better through experience from freshman to senior year is the most asinine thing I have ever read on this entire website

I posted a lot earlier in this thread that I thought the defensive gameplan was a mistake. We came out and basically dared USC to make explosive plays to beat us. Ummmm. That's the exact opposite of what you want to make USC do.

Yeah....but in reality, is there a good defensive strategy against this level of talent disparity? Shut down the pass and let them gain 5 yards a carry on us? It's gonna be ugly regardless. There aren't really any glaring weaknesses on their offense for us to take advantage of (certainly none that we have an advantage to make use of).

I understand and agree with some points, but see it differently. At least we could do a few things in this first half, unlike that game. Plus this USC team is better than that ASU team.

I'll be damned before getting any further into a "which blow out was worse discussion."

**** that.

Of course they get better.

But it's called a ceiling. Do you not understand there are some fundamental issues with front seven recruiting or not? Just being a cheerleader is not a POV.

Our D is just bad, you can make excuses for them all you want. They just suck. Evidence? 5 tds in the first ****ing half. Maybe we can let them get 10, let's at least win at something.

Yeah....but in reality, is there a good defensive strategy against this level of talent disparity? Shut down the pass and let them gain 5 yards a carry on us? It's gonna be ugly regardless. There aren't really any glaring weaknesses on their offense for us to take advantage of (certainly none that we have an advantage to make use of).

It's your only hope. Let their superstar athletes start getting frustrated that they're not getting theirs. Make them be patient. Hope they make some mistakes. Also, it shortens the game.

To put it another way, the basketball team we had that won the Pac-12 tourney would have gotten rolled if they'd tried to press and run. We didn't have the athletes or depth to pull that off. But they played things tight, frustrated opponents, and at the end took out an athletic UNLV team and damn near took down a stacked Baylor squad.

Sark more or less said at halftime that he will take his foot off the pedal and go to the run. This will probably keep them under 60 points.

It's your only hope. Let their superstar athletes start getting frustrated that they're not getting theirs. Make them be patient. Hope they make some mistakes. Also, it shortens the game.

To put it another way, the basketball team we had that won the Pac-12 tourney would have gotten rolled if they'd tried to press and run. We didn't have the athletes or depth to pull that off. But they played things tight, frustrated opponents, and at the end took out an athletic UNLV team and damn near took down a stacked Baylor squad.

Any chances we had I think came down to either USC committing 15 penalties or something or us getting a lot of USC turnovers (or both). All things being equal otherwise, I think we were likely screwed from the get-go.

Sefo has to stop throwing a pick at the start of almost every game though. We don't have the horses to continually overcome errors like that.

Is that really what was scripted on offense coming out of the half? Really?

*** Sigh ***. This decade has been tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. But this is what makes you a real fan. If Oregon has a decade like this 80% of their fans disappear (I have no idea how many of ours have...but this is what earns us a right to really appreciate the good years).

Take it from a guy who was at CU when we were 1-10 in the 1980s...and really got to appreciate the 1990s. ;)

Good news is that a good portion of the country couldn't watch this game since it's on the pac-12 network.

Back