What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Yup, better candidates out there for them than Adams. Adams still has a lot to prove. Greatwood or Huff (reported to be the big target) make sense.

Last edited:
SIAP, but Chris Strausser (Washington's OL coach) is leaving to become the Broncos Asst OL coach. Has been with Peterson since his Boise days. Pretty big loss for UW, I'd imagine.
Didn't Strausser come to CU with D II Danny, stay a year and then go back to Boise?

If we lose him due to a pay bump, then I'm going to be pretty irked with RG. We need to be able to pay competitive salaries to keep good assistants from making lateral moves.

This seems like Adams just wants to reunite with Peterson. Not sure money has much to do with it plus he'd be stuck as OL coach only for a while

I don't see what makes Adams qualified for that job. Our OL was garbage most of the time, especially against UW, he inherited an even ****tier OL, sure, and he's a decent recruiter (elevated by Chev, no doubt) but I don't see how they can't do better than that.

Think I would be most pissed off at this move as any this off-season. Adams really took the oline to another level in 2016 and his recruiting has been big.

Think I would be most pissed off at this move as any this off-season. Adams really took the oline to another level in 2016 and his recruiting has been big.
He did take it to another level, but that was from complete garbage before. He seems like a good assistant, and I would prefer continuity, but we can replace this guy if we have to. These are the moments HC earns his money. In MikeMac we trust.

He did take it to another level, but that was from complete garbage before. He seems like a good assistant, and I would prefer continuity, but we can replace this guy if we have to. These are the moments HC earns his money. In MikeMac we trust.
Adams was a sour mom away from bringing quite possibly the best offensive line class in program history and in his first year back as offensive line coach improved the play considerably.

Adams was a sour mom away from bringing quite possibly the best offensive line class in program history and in his first year back as offensive line coach improved the play considerably.
One year does not a coach make. This is the same guy who told me years ago that recruiting was all about finding diamonds in the rough. Took him a long time to learn.

My point is more that he is clearly a good assistant, but we lose good assistants all the time. Happened to McCartney a lot. A good HC can find good assistants to replace them. You want assistant coaches that others want - that means their good. Can't worry about this too much because we don't have the money or the contract structure to compete.

One year does not a coach make. This is the same guy who told me years ago that recruiting was all about finding diamonds in the rough. Took him a long time to learn.

My point is more that he is clearly a good assistant, but we lose good assistants all the time. Happened to McCartney a lot. A good HC can find good assistants to replace them. You want assistant coaches that others want - that means their good. Can't worry about this too much because we don't have the money or the contract structure to compete.
Trust me I get that you want your coaches to be desired by other programs but too much turnover as once is still hard to overcome, especially when there is a ton of deadweight on staff recruiting wise. Losing tumpkin, leavitt and Adams would be a lot no matter how good of a coach mac is.

Trust me I get that you want your coaches to be desired by other programs but too much turnover as once is still hard to overcome, especially when there is a ton of deadweight on staff recruiting wise. Losing tumpkin, leavitt and Adams would be a lot no matter how good of a coach mac is.
It sucks to be sure, but it's part of being a CU fan. You just have to roll with it and hope for the best. We've got a lot of positive momentum, I'm hopeful we'll find someone good to take over for him. Nothing is gonna bring me down after last season. :)

If Klayton leaves, CU donors need to look at themselves in the mirror. This program needs financial help to be competitive. No matter how nice the drive for 105 is, the endowment needs to get bigger. Much bigger. We are on equal footing with UW and UO for conference revenue so that is not the issue. Its the donor culture, or lack there of, that is hurting CU now.

Throw in Clark and it'd be 4 total assistants gone in one offseason, 3 of which leaving for lateral moves to conference foes.

Back