What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

The Butch Jones situation scares me. Food cart is probably out the door and Tennesseee is exactly the kind of program, with big $$ and a proud tradition which has sucked for too long, that comes looking for a guy like Mac. Tennessee is a hot mess but I have no doubt Mac and his turn around skills could fix them and make them competitive.

I also get the feeling that Mac is still a little pissed at the CU administration for reprimanding him and making him pay a pretty stiff fine (wasn't it $100K+) for his lack of psychic ability to see into the private lives of his assistant coaches.

I got a feeling Mac will be gone before next season.

After these last two games I'd tell Tennessee you can have him for free

Feldman is definitely higher on the asu job than most but interesting speculation that they might go after Sumlin to try and get ahead of everything at A&M.

Leach to Nebraska?

Don't see it. Two reasons-One, he's had two 3 win seasons at Washington State already. Bill Callahan got fired for less. Two, he's never won very big-He's got one 11 win year under his belt at Texas Tech, and he's never coached in a championship game. Compare that with Pelini-who took them to four championship games (3 in the old Big 12, one in the Big 10)........and he's working at Youngstown State now. I get the feeling Leach is really happy at WSU honestly-he can win 7-9 games a year and coach there as long as he likes........and he can be as mercurial as he wants to be and that fan base won't care.

bad-santa-wish1.gif
My dad referred to that as the two handed wish list. Me: I would love a puppy for Christmas. Dad: Go check you two handed wish list.

Thought the Nubs would be hiring Trev Alberts for the AD......and thought they would go after Scott Frost in the off season. Riley is much like MM....good coach....mediocre recruiter....mediocre at picking his staff.....leading to a slightly above .500 coach.

Dude can still move. Pretty impressive actually.

Not many defenses get a chance to practice against somebody who can simulate the decision making like him. Lots of teams take a freshman WR or RB who can simulate the athletic ability but a guy like Frost can show them the fakes, the eye movement, etc.

I think the fuskers are going to make a run at hiring him, and I wouldn't be shocked if he turns them down.

Scott Frost and the Nubs :puke:

They as usual dream of returning to the "Glory days," Frost will be the popular choice.

He may be a very good coach but their problem isn't coaching. It is the fact that Nebraska can no longer attract high numbers of the best athletes to play in Stinkoln. The Texas kids, Cali kids, Midwest kids don't see a kNU offer as something special. They also can no longer gain an advantage through chemistry. They got in on the front end of the steroid revolution turning 220lb kids into 290lb monsters on the lines. Now that is regulated and other schools are better at using and hiding it than the corn are.

They as usual dream of returning to the "Glory days," Frost will be the popular choice.

He may be a very good coach but their problem isn't coaching. It is the fact that Nebraska can no longer attract high numbers of the best athletes to play in Stinkoln. The Texas kids, Cali kids, Midwest kids don't see a kNU offer as something special. They also can no longer gain an advantage through chemistry. They got in on the front end of the steroid revolution turning 220lb kids into 290lb monsters on the lines. Now that is regulated and other schools are better at using and hiding it than the corn are.
Don't know if it would pan out or not, but I'm guessing one of his key selling points would be that he built up connections with Florida high schools during this time at UCF and he could leverage that into getting some of those Florida kids to Lincoln.

Back