What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

That's why I think FSU might have made the best coaching hires this year. Taggart and Leavitt recruiting Georgia and Florida hard for athletes? Seminole fans should be salivating at those hires.
FSU recruits itself. Taggart wins huge there as he's a good coach and they have plenty of talent, assuming they have a QB.

An interesting, somewhat off-topic note from footballscoop, Nebraska just lost their linebackers coach to Oregon State. Just made me wonder if Els might be looking to link back up with some of his old peeps in Lincoln.

heysoos.gif

if its true that Leavitt didn't recruit hard and was mostly show on Twitter, I hope OU promotes him.
You do realize that JL founded a football program from nothing more than an idea into a number 2 ranking in less than a decade. I don't know of another coach that has accomplished anything close to this feat, but some posters on allbuffs act like he is nothing more than a journeyman DC. The guy can flat coach and motivate.

You do realize that JL founded a football program from nothing more than an idea into a number 2 ranking in less than a decade. I don't know of another coach that has accomplished anything close to this feat, but some posters on allbuffs act like he is nothing more than a journeyman DC. The guy can flat coach and motivate.
What he did at USF was amazing. I know he will be a good head coach. Oregon is going to hire a good coach. I would rather they hire a good coach that doesn't recruit lights out.

These coaches bouncing after only one good year is getting ridiculous. They are all chasing the $

Why is that ridiculous?
I just mean it is getting out of hand. Just like players skipping games to get ready for the draft, soon coaches will quit coaching half way through a season to prepare for their next "Dream Job". Just like everything else in life - Where has the loyalty gone?

I just mean it is getting out of hand. Just like players skipping games to get ready for the draft, soon coaches will quit coaching half way through a season to prepare for their next "Dream Job". Just like everything else in life - Where has the loyalty gone?

It's like CEO pay. There is no ceiling and always more to take. There is always someone who will pay more for the perception of your worth. Always someone willing to be paid more.

With college football its tough because we brand to our schools like religion and expect the coach to as well. You are simply learning the lesson that its a highly valuable business built on cheap labor.

The money is sad. It ruined the NFL and other sports for me. Your star players often went on to play for someone else that could pay more.

It's like CEO pay. There is no ceiling and always more to take. There is always someone who will pay more for the perception of your worth. Always someone willing to be paid more.

With college football its tough because we brand to our schools like religion and expect the coach to as well. You are simply learning the lesson that its a highly valuable business built on cheap labor.

The money is sad. It ruined the NFL and other sports for me. Your star players often went on to play for someone else that could pay more.
^^ this is where I am coming from. College football is following the same business model as the nfl and it's ruining a great centuries old sport. Older then the nfl.

^^ this is where I am coming from. College football is following the same business model as the nfl and it's ruining a great centuries old sport. Older then the nfl.

Pretty sure they weren't playing college football in 1816. Regardless, in today's world people switch jobs and even careers much more frequently than ever before. And that has a lot more to do with employer behavior over the last 50 years than employee behavior. If you're blaming the coaches you're pointing your finger in the wrong direction. This is mostly on the university ADs which are...a reflection of us (the AD supporters).

Just watched Willie Taggart's presser at FSU. You could tell he was very conflicted and sad about leaving Oregon, but in the end Florida is home for him. Sounds like he grew up a FSU fan and his family is in the Tampa area. Also, I can see why he recruits so damn well. He just that "it" factor. He is going to crush it at FSU.

Back