What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

I actually rode
A similar story to Charles Johnson (WR) and his heartbreaking childhood where, IIRC, he would sleep on friends couches, move from house to house not eating more than a candy bar a day while taking care of his little sister. His dad was absent and his mother was a drug addict.

One of the most compelling reasons I’m a fan of sports and the opportunity it can offer kids.
I actually rode a vanpool with his Dad from Vacaville in to the Oakland Airport. Since I wore CU stuff all the time to work (aircraft overhaul so no uniforms in the hangers) we had a few conversations about CJ (Dad is also CJ). They talked at that time (1995-1997) but when I asked if they were close he said “Closer than ever. But not ‘buy me a house’ close.” Think CJ was playing for the Steelers at the time.

All the CU press corp wants to know:
"You were 10-2 in '16 and fell back last year. What are you doing different to improve?"

Like the players know why they were 5-7 last year. Honest answer? The other team had better players than we did.
Yeaaaaah you’re an idot

Looks like Mac is packing a bun in the oven. Hopefully that is just the normal result of being a middle aged man and not the result of becoming a content fat cat. There is a an awful lot riding on this season.

Looks like Mac is packing a bun in the oven. Hopefully that is just the normal result of being a middle aged man and not the result of becoming a content fat cat. There is a an awful lot riding on this season.

He wasn't exactly small when he got here...

I liked what I heard from HCMM today to some degree. I think his comments on last year's team cracking after the UCLA/Zona games are right on. Not as an excuse, but I liked that he attempted to fix the program chemistry through structure. That matters, especially if you don't have a bevy of natural leaders like that 2016 team.

Edit: more generally, it's nice to see the reflexive "there's nothing wrong with me or my team or how we do things, **** off everyone else, I'm reigning coach of the year" chip seems to be off his shoulder. That was annoying as ****.

A similar story to Charles Johnson (WR) and his heartbreaking childhood where, IIRC, he would sleep on friends couches, move from house to house not eating more than a candy bar a day while taking care of his little sister. His dad was absent and his mother was a drug addict.

One of the most compelling reasons I’m a fan of sports and the opportunity it can offer kids.
I had him in several classes, great guy and student.

I liked what I heard from HCMM today to some degree. I think his comments on last year's team cracking after the UCLA/Zona games are right on. Not as an excuse, but I liked that he attempted to fix the program chemistry through structure. That matters, especially if you don't have a bevy of natural leaders like that 2016 team.

Edit: more generally, it's nice to see the reflexive "there's nothing wrong with me or my team or how we do things, **** off everyone else, I'm reigning coach of the year" chip seems to be off his shoulder. That was annoying as ****.
With that, I also like that he said that in his Wednesday meetings he would open up to everyone and let them get to know him better. Also mentioned that he took some teasing from the players. That openness was needed and will build a lot of trust with his players. Being the aloof coach in the practice field tower and the big office does not work with today's players.

I think we knew Lynott would be back but always nice to see it confirmed and him running with the 1s.

Tim is critical to the line's success. Not captured in photo is the LT........I imagine Kaiser will, for at least at the start of camp, will be manning the #1 spot there.

With that, I also like that he said that in his Wednesday meetings he would open up to everyone and let them get to know him better. Also mentioned that he took some teasing from the players. That openness was needed and will build a lot of trust with his players. Being the aloof coach in the practice field tower and the big office does not work with today's players.
Dabo “starts over” every year with staff / players. Core values, principles, goals, process. Key. Glad to MM evolving in this area.

Poplawski, Lynott, Jackson, MacIntyre, Evans all out there looking like full participants - great news. DLs look the part much more than last year (especially Javier). Also a first look at Kutsch on the OL. And, of course, Shenault & Winfree look like NFL WRs.

Holy smokes I’ve been wondering if Derek McCartney was back out there wearing #95. That’s Antwine.

d4nb2Uq.jpg

Compared to Tuiloma:

OTkzGwn.jpg

Well said. That is pretty big to hear, given how last year unfolded.

Back