What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Bowl Games Thread

I think we're going to see more of the trend.

We'll always have the coaches who chase the brass ring and the bag like has been the norm for years.

But I also think that we've gotten to the point where even a mid-level HC job in D1 represents generational wealth. As long as you're in a P5 conference, the resources are now going to be there to allow anyone to make a career decision that's not driven by money.

If you're happy, your family is happy, you have the resources to win, and you have full job security with a stakeholder community that has your back (like Tad at CU), it's kind of a dream job for most coaches. I've got to assume that more coaches will stick with those types of situations if they're fortunate enough to find them.
You get to diminishing marginal value.

There is a big difference in lifestyle between making $150,000 and making $450,000. There is less of a change in how you live between $1.5 million and $4.5 million.

For a guy like Smith making what he does some other school could come in and offer him double and it really doesn't do much for him. He has the house he wants where he wants to be, you can only drive one high end car at a time, Clothes, etc. not going to change.

And he is making enough to put away substantial amounts to insure his lifestyle well into the future.

At his age I think/hope that we have the potential to do something similar with Prime.

Support him both in football and making a positive impact on people, pay him enough that he feels valued and respected, and hopefully he decides that he doesn't want to move on to other coaching challenges.

If that's the direction it goes. Could also stay around the 64-72 range for power conference programs. Gonna be interesting to see how this shakes out. Hell, there's a scenario in the next round (2030s) that USC/UCLA come back to the Pac. Or where there are 5 conferences and 80 programs which make up the new Power FBS conference, however it's structured or named.

I mean, it wasn't too long ago when the national narrative was that the Big Ten was dead because of population migration & recruiting talent -- then they made strong moves with coaches, incredibly savvy media structure, and new market expansions. All I know for sure is that the current conditions do not define the future conditions. Still a lot of moving parts.
I don’t see TV paying for that much fluff in the product.

They spent the whole game doing in program promotion for mayo.

For next year they might as well get the technology that Nickelodeon uses in their Slime games but instead of sliming people in green dump them in the color of mayo.

Beamer cost his team good field position there toward the end of the half. Didn't really look like he should've been flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct but who knows what he or someone else said to the ref

Shane Beamer is a horrible, horrible coach. Dude shouldn't have a job tomorrow.

Hyperbole GIF by GIPHY News

Back