What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

Iowa is just slow and does not have very good QB play. TN is so quick side to side and Iowa still tries to run outside. Not going to happen.

I have always stated I had no problem with a championship game. I don't even have a problem with a four team playoff.

I do have a big problem with going past that number. College football is unique, and yes I know that "Every other sport has a playoff" and I can give you problems with the playoff systems in every other sport. Unlike other sports the college football champion is supposed to be based on who had the best overall season. Not on who was good enough to get into the playoff and then get lucky/hot. Yes I know that that makes a good story as well but I can get that story frequently enough from the NFL with wild card teams that couldn't even win their division winning the superbowl.

Yesterday was a great day of college football, no question. I don't see though how since a final four was good a final eight would be better. And the arguments that somebody got left out (TCU/Baylor) will always exist. Go to 8 and number 9 says they should have had a chance since they were so similar to #8, go to 12 and you get #13.

The current system made the Oregon State-Michigan State game early in the season a special game. Beating a team like Michigan State could be viewed as the difference that put a 1 loss Oregon team into the picture instead of a one loss TCU or Baylor team that didn't have the quality OOC win. For Michigan State it didn't kill them but meant that they had to be perfect the rest of the way. They weren't and thus were out. Go to a 12 team bracket and suddenly Oregon, TCU/Baylor, and MSU are all in anyways. Cool game but not that important.

I have a serious issue with the idea of naming a two loss team as the national champion. Go to 8 and sooner than later someone gets hot at the end and that's what we get, in fact to fill in a bracket it would only be a matter of time until we had a three loss team getting in.

Under the current system both teams in the final can go back on their schedules and say that every single game was important. Expand the brackets and we lose that, and a lot of what is special about college football.

Iowa is bad. Ferentz is a criminal for how much he's making there. Damn.

Doesn't he have a contract until 2020 or so too?

B6X84K0IcAACYL1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Agree Duff, Ferentz has been taking them for a long time. Should cut the cord on this one but history says they will not.

http://businessofcollegesports.com/2014/12/08/college-football-playoff-conference-payouts/

Overview of the bowl payouts. Short summary:
Pac 12 gets $60M ($5M/team)
SEC gets $87.5M ($6.8M/team) This is an outlier for $27.5M added in for Miss St playing in the Orange Bowl
Big 12 gets $58M ($5.8M/team)
MWC gets $16M ($1.3M/team)

This is just for the College Football Playoff and the "New Year's 6" games. Additional bowls are done how they have been done in the past.

Edit: Pac 12 receives an additional $12.6M from this year's teams bowl participation, but I do not know how much money goes to each school after an allowance for T&E, etc.

Last edited:
Let's go Bruins!

Pac-12 statement game that sends Hundley, Adams and Mora to the NFL.

UCLA is absolutely Fing KSU up so far. Either the Pac 12 is that good (which we all knew that already) or these have been perfect match-ups for Pac 12 teams. Still early though

Hundley on that keeper for a TD off the zone read is painfully familiar.

17-0 Bruins

I hope UCLA holds on. This is the kind of game that UCLA often messes up.

The only player that can keep up with UCLA is Lockett. I am starting to think CU might have pushed for a 6 win season in the Big 12............ Ok, maybe not
Pretty sure we'd beat, or at least be favored over Kansas and Iowa State and would have a damn good chance against Texas Tech, Texas, and Oklahoma State depending on where the game was played. I think we're a bowl team in the Big 12, B1G, and ACC this year. Tough to know considering how average the Pac 12 is.

The only player that can keep up with UCLA is Lockett. I am starting to think CU might have pushed for a 6 win season in the Big 12............ Ok, maybe not

Remember all the talk when Brown came to CU from Arizona about how UA was so much more talented with so much more speed? That was at a time when CU and UA were both going about .500 in the respective conferences.

Remember all the talk when Brown came to CU from Arizona about how UA was so much more talented with so much more speed? That was at a time when CU and UA were both going about .500 in the respective conferences.
I do. I am starting to think CU came into the Pac at the worst time possible. Especially being a down program. The Pac 12 looks to be on another level then everyone else.

Back