What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Bowl Games Thread

Wow!!!!!!

While I'm not impressed with Houston's D, I am impressed with the guts and composure shown by D Gibbs' team in the comeback.

and the top award for reading comprehension goes to Jens1893!

no. I don't believe there was anything that needed to be fixed (until the BSA came along)

that's about as much logic as I typically see from the playoff advocates. Come on, you can do better.

or, in 20 years, they'll look back and say "man, those conferences had such hugely different academic standards, recruiting territories, athletic budgets -- who the hell thought that crowing one champion among the whole bunch made any sense? this isn't the pros where they have a draft and a salary cap and the same rule book that applied to every team."

I find your railing against the playoff setup disingenuous, unless you have changed your original argument. You are now saying that you don't think there should be a national champion at all. But BCS national champions were still crowned before this year. Why were those any better?

I find your railing against the playoff setup disingenuous, unless you have changed your original argument. You are now saying that you don't think there should be a national champion at all. But BCS national champions were still crowned before this year. Why were those any better?

dude, I haven't changed my argument one bit -- not sure what you're talking about.

I've never thought that having a consensus national championship for college football was reasonable, under any system.

I never thought the quasi-playoff scenario the BSA or BCS pushed on us was a good system. Actually, I believe the networks pushed for those systems knowing fans would hate it and make a playoffs an easier sell (but that's for tin-foil hat conspiracy).

You're not going to find a single post of mine where I've changed tunes on any of these points.

I am now regretting taking down the Xmas lights and shovelling the driveway. Houston won?!? Unbelievable comeback.

Unclear how Tenn can be any good. They have to play a lot of freshmen.

SEC-freshmen....they are a different type.

Since HS players in the South often Red Shirt, their freshmen come in one or even two years older than CO freshmen; sorta like BYU with all their guys going on missions and coming back after two years. A whole lotta difference between a 17-18 yr. old kid who just went to prom and a 20 year old.

Why is Kirk Ferentz still the Iowa HC?

He's a good coach for Iowa. The problem is that they're paying twice as much for than they need to for this level of results. The only reason to fire him is that he's overpaid. They kept Hayden Fry around for 20 years with similar mixed results. It's Iowa. That's what they are.

I was at lunch with a co-worker and the UT/Iowa game was on. Every time I looked up at the game, Tennessee had the ball. Several times, I saw them score. The TV was too far away for me to actually see the score, but I could tell by just glancing at it a couple times that Tennessee was curb stomping (Baylor kicker-ing?) Iowa.

Back