What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Harsin has probably earned (and will get) a shot somewhere if he wants it.....but i have to say no to him at CU. if only the former Boise State coach at CU reason (No just No or fool me once....whatever....just No)....and i thought his offense during his brief stint for Mack at Texas was totally mickey mouse.
Boise State is slowly slipping. Perhaps expected after Petersen, but they are merely good now.

For the 100th time, compare now with when he got there. Look beyond record and look at margin of victory .

Boise State is significantly less daunting for the MWC opponent's than a few short years ago.

What matters more than wins and losses?

They score greater than two TDs more than all of their opponents per game. This includes them getting spanked by okie lite by 23.

Sign me up for the 10 win season “drop off” with a top 25 ranking and top 20 offense.

What matters more than wins and losses?

They score greater than two TDs more than all of their opponents per game. This includes them getting spanked by okie lite by 23.

Sign me up for the 10 win season “drop off” with a top 25 ranking and top 20 offense.
Let's sign up for getting worse each year! Yeah? SMH

As god is my witness, Tedford. I think that most of the other guys being touted here are dreams.

The CU fan in me knows that we will be out-hired by Kansas.

A small rational part of me believes no program deserves the golden sombrero.

We should hire whoever Wisconsin’s O-Line coach is, then we’ll hire Iowa’s O-Line coach as OC. We’ll only recruit linemen, put them on strict corn heavy diets, and will roll out our “Stampede” formation of 1 QB, 1 RB, and 9 OL. We’re going to out-Stanford Stanford

Let's sign up for getting worse each year! Yeah? SMH

Worse?! You haven’t proven anything about meaningful regression. You’ve asserted that MWC teams fear Boise less.

It is difficult to be the top dog in any football conference year in and year out. The only coaches who have done this are the highest paid in the entire sport (Saban, Sweeney, and Meyer). Boise continue to be the class of the MWC.

Since joining the MWC, they’ve won the league 4 times and gotten second 3 times (twice under Pete). In their worse season since joining the conference, they won nine games and beat NIU in their bowl by 48. That’s their worst season.

You can continue to repeat yourself all you’d like. The facts disagree with you.

Dude, look at the records. It's all there. In fact I spelled this out within the last 12 months. You can do the math, I don't have to do that for you Harsin's Broncos are not as good as Petersen's or Hawkin's were.

Dude, look at the records. It's all there. In fact I spelled this out within the last 12 months. You can do the math, I don't have to do that for you Harsin's Broncos are not as good as Petersen's or Hawkin's were.
You’re reaching.

He will have at least 10 wins in 4 out 5 seasons, with post season wins over AZ in the Fiesta Bowl, Northern Ill, and Oregon. Sorry the margin of victory isn’t what you were looking for.

I am not thrilled they're using a search firm here.

It’s a necessary evil, or good depending on your perspective. The hiring/firing season in cfb has a lot of moving parts. Your average AD doesn’t have the tools to navigate those waters. They can have connections, but the back channel stuff would take a lot of time away from actually running the AD.

These consulting firms certainly get their pound of flesh, but considering the constricted timelines and everything, they simplify the process for AD’s. They need all the help they can get, as expensive as it is.

You’re reaching.

He will have at least 10 wins in 4 out 5 seasons, with post season wins over AZ in the Fiesta Bowl, Northern Ill, and Oregon. Sorry the margin of victory isn’t what you were looking for.
Not teaching. Here's a copy/paste from my Jan 2 post in the expansion thread:

Chris Petersen was 92-12.
Since then, they are 42-13. Harsin was hired for 2014.

Final coaches poll rankings since 2003:

2003 - 15th
2004 - 16th
2005 - 12th
2006 - 5th
2007 - nr
2008 - 11th
2009 - 4th
2010 - 9th
2011 - 8th
2012 - 18th
2013 - nr
2014 - 16th
2015 - nr
2016 - nr
2017 - 22nd (would not have been ranked had they not been gifted an OT win by CSU, or beat a disinterested Oregon team in their bowl game).

Not teaching. Here's a copy/paste from my Jan 2 post in the expansion thread:

Chris Petersen was 92-12.
Since then, they are 42-13. Harsin was hired for 2014.

Final coaches poll rankings since 2003:

2003 - 15th
2004 - 16th
2005 - 12th
2006 - 5th
2007 - nr
2008 - 11th
2009 - 4th
2010 - 9th
2011 - 8th
2012 - 18th
2013 - nr
2014 - 16th
2015 - nr
2016 - nr
2017 - 22nd (would not have been ranked had they not been gifted an OT win by CSU, or beat a disinterested Oregon team in their bowl game).
Who gives a **** about the final coaches rankings. What was their record the years they were unranked under Harsin? Hint- 9-4 and then 10-3. After that they were back up to 11-2 last year and probably the same 11-2 this year. Your great “research” doesn’t hold water.

So would Harsin have that success here? Would he be able to recruit here? I love his winning record and all but boise is kind of a unique situation no?

You can understand the caution after last two mwc hires.
I absolutely have the same reservations, and again, I’m not advocating he should be one of the top targets. I just think that it’s mind boggling buffholic is acting like he is a ****ty coach who is ruining Boise’s legacy.

We’re going to out-Stanford Stanford
I don't know if you are kidding, but I actually believe this should be our strategy to be successful in the Pac 12.

Also, is "out-Stanford Stanford" a common phrase? Because my friends and I have been using that phrase for a few years with respect to CU Football.

Back