What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Coaching Search Thread

I'm starting to think the biggest reason I want Holgorsen is it would feel like we were a big time program stealing another coach. Quite frankly we probably have cheaper better options in Day, Lake, etc. But damn would I love to poach a coach like that.
Help me out here: let’s say we do hire a younger coordinator as our HC, why do we automatically assume that he’s going to be able to bring in a big time staff (with the extra money available)? I’m worried for two reasons: 1) he’s younger so he probably doesn’t have as good of connections, 2) how many of you like working for someone younger / getting paid more than you (assuming you’re old and qualified enough to be one of the persons we’re assuming to fill out said staff)?
This is kind of why Miles and Holgorsen appeal to me - name recognition with the gravitas to basically call their shot (regarding staff). I feel like it’s a little tougher for a coordinator to step into a new school, vice stepping up at a current school, and putting together a kickass staff. But that’s just my $.02.

If its mason I think I might just puke my dinner up.....nothing against the man but 7wins every other year here we come
Please don't be Mason, so underwhelming. dudes record almost mirrors MMs - the rebuilds
It doesn’t tell you anything other than RG is tight-lipped; you HOPE it’s something big. And I’m right there with you.

Count me in the “surely, it’s not Mason...” crowd.
In a sad way, it would be hysterical if Mason was RG’s pick, he was super pumped and couldn’t wait to reveal the news, for some reason read All Buffs, and just went “oh ****.”

I'm sure that we'll hear something today, like a tweet from another news outlet saying that Gruden is the man for CU or some such nonsense.

NOTE: I'd love Gruden here, but it' ain't happenin'.

I dunno. While we might be able to do better I wouldnt be unhappy. What I saw in 2016 was a strong defense that helped win games put together by a coach that appeared to be able to game plan.

Below it appears he was starting underclassmen this past season. Especially at corner and safety. We all assume its better talent at the O but they could also have behind the scenes issues.

That is an unusually young 2-deep. 3 SRs & 5 JRs. 10 SOs & 4 FRs.

I wonder what RG’s budget is? I don’t think we can afford a $4,000,000 head coach and a couple of $700,000 coordinators plus a top staff. Oh, and a $10,000,000 buyout.

That has me thinking mid level coordinator who RG believes has a big upside.

I wonder what RG’s budget is? I don’t think we can afford a $4,000,000 head coach and a couple of $700,000 coordinators plus a top staff. Oh, and a $10,000,000 buyout.

That has me thinking mid level coordinator who RG believes has a big upside.
I just don't think we, as fans, need to get too worried about the numbers. It isn't our money and RG has shown a propensity of finding whatever money he needs.

Six Names to Watch as Colorado's Coaching Search Heats Up

Where the search is exactly heading remains somewhat shrouded in mystery. George and staff have been tight-lipped, but their opening should be filled within a week. The search is heating up, and the potential candidates are lining up—after all, it is just one of four Power 5 jobs currently open, joining Louisville, Texas Tech and Maryland. The Buffs could take a look at an NFL offensive coordinator, a couple of SEC defensive coordinators and a nearby coach. They mostly fit the characteristics of what you’d want at a place like Colorado.

read more...

Six Names to Watch as Colorado's Coaching Search Heats Up

Where the search is exactly heading remains somewhat shrouded in mystery. George and staff have been tight-lipped, but their opening should be filled within a week. The search is heating up, and the potential candidates are lining up—after all, it is just one of four Power 5 jobs currently open, joining Louisville, Texas Tech and Maryland. The Buffs could take a look at an NFL offensive coordinator, a couple of SEC defensive coordinators and a nearby coach. They mostly fit the characteristics of what you’d want at a place like Colorado.

read more...
Sports Illustrated doesn't know jack ****.

I feel like any list that has Eric Bienemy on it shows that the journalist doesn't know **** and is just lazily linking folks to the program. Only 6 years removed from the most embarrassing program in the nation, with EB being a major part of that.

I feel like any list that has Eric Bienemy on it shows that the journalist doesn't know **** and is just lazily linking folks to the program. Only 6 years removed from the most embarrassing program in the nation, with EB being a major part of that.
I got to his name and immediately stopped reading.

Flight departed Rocky Mountain Airport this morning for Springfield, which isn't too far from Columbus.
Let's not do this....
200w.webp

It's always funny to me when national writers point out that Colorado doesn't put out a ton of talent.
1) Colorado is the only P5 school in the state
2) Colorado's population has grown a ton in the last 10 years
3) What 80% of the state's population is located within 1.5 hours of CU

Interesting!

outgoing flight at 4:31 to south bend, Indiana.
one at 2;23 to Boise, ID
6;36 am to Houston
7;23 am to sugarland, TX

arrivals:
brady, TX
LAX
NM

Back