What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

With everything that has transpired within the last week… y’all should watch a couple mins of this gem. Lmao

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Klatt is over the moon, too. So interesting to me, as well, Klatt and I have almost the same time frame of our introductions to CU football. He was in the stands, first time, 1986-7 for Oklahoma. I was in the stands, first time, the next year, Texas, when Hagan broke free and pulled CU into national relevance. Great discussion!

It is actually an initialism. An initialism is an abbreviation formed from the first letter of the words in a phrase. To be an acronym though the resulting abbreviation must be able to be read as a word. So an acronym is a subset of initialisms which is a subset of abbreviations.

FBI: initialism
NATO: acronym
COMTACTRAGRULANT

I truly don't know. But George and the AD had to be somewhat conifident the money will roll in. Is the $300 spread over time?
Sorta. You’ll need that mostly for facilities and to pay salaries. Within 24-36 months, you’ll need $25-$30 million per year for Prime and his needs alone. That does not include facilities upgrades for another $100-$150 million. They have other items that need to be paid immediately like dead money from ex coach contracts, so you’ll basically need a good chunk immediately.

Hey now, don’t impugn Bob Ross, man. He brought the swag of painting to all of us. He was so cool being himself he lives on long after his death, bringing his passion to new generations…. That’s MY happy little tree!
He could be the patron saint of CU football. “Karl Dorrell wasn’t a mistake. He was a happy little accident. So we’re going to take our Dorrell and turn him into a tree and put a Coach Prime next to it.”

I’m still baffled that a) the whole team didn’t show up (coach made mention of it) and 2) the slouching of the players when DEION friggin’ SANDERS walked into the room.
I was wondering why the room seemed so empty. Really? Members of the “team” didn’t show up to meet the new coach, much less Coach Prime? That’s not just dumb, that’s disrespectful.

I was wondering why the room seemed so empty. Really? Members of the “team” didn’t show up to meet the new coach, much less Coach Prime? That’s not just dumb, that’s disrespectful.
Yep. During his intro he said something to the effect of “everybody that’s supposed to be here ain’t even here. Didn’t even bother to show up.”

Haven’t seen white Coloradoans love and throw money at a black man this much since Obama.
Reading some comments re: our latest RB commit, we are going to see a lot of the same hate from our opponents, not seen since Obama.

Looking at you Husker fans and actual programs with elite recruits that Prime is "coming for". They are not going to be happy about and we are going to see some of the worst in humanity as we cherry pick more of their recruits.

Or listen to Eisen with Warren Sapp, which kind of reminds me of what Keyshawn Johnson said. Deion knows them all because he played with a ton of guys and due to his media work after he retired. Warren Sapp's a ****ing legend in Florida and don't think you he'd go on speaker if Deion is sitting in a living room somewhere in Florida trying to convince someone to come play for him?

Not sure if this has been posted yet

Here's one more from Rich Eisen. It's a few days old, but I found it interesting to listen to Eisen because a) I like Eisen and think he's a fairly level headed guy and b) he's known Deion for ages and worked with him at NFLN.

Totally spitballing from message board fantasy land, but...

1. Rich Eisen and other close friends of Prime at NFL Network.

2. Commissioner K saying that Coach Prime delaying his media negotiations because he changes the calculus.

Might 1+2=

3. NFL Network throws its hat in the ring to get a couple games a week along with maybe a college / scouting show that has access to Pac coaches?

Totally spitballing from message board fantasy land, but...

1. Rich Eisen and other close friends of Prime at NFL Network.

2. Commissioner K saying that Coach Prime delaying his media negotiations because he changes the calculus.

Might 1+2=

3. NFL Network throws its hat in the ring to get a couple games a week along with maybe a college / scouting show that has access to Pac coaches?

NFLN is owned by the NFL. I do not see the NFL getting involved here although I believe they're based in LA now.

Back