What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

The purge can't start soon enough. (With the obligatory "They're all Buffs and I love them", of course).
I'm ignorant. does a scholarship athlete have a contract with the university, or can they pull it whenever they see fit?

The emotional difference between now and the day usc and ucla said they were leaving the league, is unreal.

I'm ignorant. does a scholarship athlete have a contract with the university, or can they pull it whenever they see fit?

The emotional difference between now and the day usc and ucla said they were leaving the league, is unreal.
Athletic scholarships are year-to-year and can be pulled by the coach for any reason at the end of the academic year. They can be pulled for violation of numerous rules at any time.

My two takeaways:

1) If you're going to set the bar, set it on the first day. You can't wait to make your expectations known. Loved his honesty and directness. Great job coach!

2) He doesn't know these kids, and probably hasn't seen much of their game/practice film. I was kinda surprised he came down so hard on their collective commitment to the program. I guess I expected him make the point about change and commitment but with a more positive message.

It was tough to watch, but anyone that hits the portal because of what Deion said in that meeting probably isn't worth having in the program anyhow.

Looking forward to the next few months as he rounds out the roster & staff, and gets them through Spring ball. Gonna be an absolutely epic ride!
He's an extremely tough love coach, not for everyone, takes a certain kid to play for him and he knows how to get them too.

Here’s the deal:

Prime just came from a city which has had trouble sourcing WATER for people to drink. All the kids at Jackson St have fought so hard, with less resources than many high schools, to win. Those kids have fought true adversity and become pillars in their community.

Today, he walks into a room full of kids with the silver spoon of money, gear, food, facilities, medical staff, and the list goes on. These kids have been given EVERYTHING in comparison to the community he’s been a part of.

How have they used that opportunity? Completely squandered it. Pizza parties and enjoying an embarrassing season after so many fans and our community have spent so much money on them and given them the world.

Prime finds that offensive to his very core.

They can either toughen up and prove to him that they are worth their weight, or they can gtfo and stop stealing the resources from a more deserving kid in a worse situation
Almost all coaches will feel this way about them but can't say it because replacing them is extremely hard but not for Prime. It's easy for him to replace you. He's an exceptional recruiter and has tremendous reach

Yeah I don’t get how it was hard to watch. Maybe I’m just heartless (likely) but I felt inspired and pumped watching that video. That’s somebody I would want to coach me, not somebody I would want to run away from. It’s not going to be easy but he will bring the best out of every single player that he lets stay on the team.

FjLAskSVUAA_4Y7.jpg

Yeah I don’t get how it was hard to watch. Maybe I’m just heartless (likely) but I felt inspired and pumped watching that video. That’s somebody I would want to coach me, not somebody I would want to run away from. It’s not going to be easy but he will bring the best out of every single player that he lets stay on the team.
For me, I was thrilled to see Coach Prime holding the team accountable and being open and transparent. It was hard to see the team’s reaction. They looked broken. I have to imagine every one of these kids had dreams for being a champion. Those dreams were crushed by the incompetence of KD.

For me, I was thrilled to see Coach Prime holding the team accountable and being open and transparent. It was hard to see the team’s reaction. They looked broken. I have to imagine every one of these kids had dreams for being a champion. Those dreams were crushed by the incompetence of KD.
Going from a pizza party after a blowout loss to that speech had to be jarring AF. They were in complete shock for a bit.

Players are also accountable for the achievement of their dreams.

Back