What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

*OFFICIAL* Deion Sanders aka Coach Prime is the new CU Football Head Coach thread

I'll always be grateful for DiNardo, mostly because he was the coach when I first started watching football as a young'un. But also because he had to follow the disasters of Archer and Hallman and started getting the ball rolling in recruiting as far as getting studs in Louisiana to stay home instead of bolting for the Florida and Texas schools, particularly Kevin Faulk who still has the career all purpose yards record in the SEC, and coincidentally enough was inducted into the CFB HOF this year along with Salaam. His tenure ended on a sour note because he was too loyal to Lou Tepper and his crappy defenses, and from what I heard wasn't the easiest guy to get along with, but there was some pretty good talent on the roster when Saban took the torch from him. Rohan Davey, Josh Reed, Robert Royal, Ryan Clark, Domanick Davis, LaBrandon Toefield, all those guys were DiNardo recruits that were key contributors when Saban have that turnaround season in 2000 and then win the SEC title in 2001.

A home and home would be amazing. I hope to god it would be at our actual home fields though. One thing that annoys me is how often LSU has neutral site games against OOC teams, I went those fans to come to our campus dammit. We had a series with Wisconsin, but instead of Madison and Baton Rouge it was Houston and Green Bay. We have a series with Florida St but instead of BR and Tallahassee it's New Orleans and Orlando. We played Oregon, TCU, and Miami in Arlington, UNC in Atlanta, BYU in New Orleans. We played Texas in Austin but their return trip was just nixed because covid happened in 2020. Now we have USC in Vegas in 2024. Just seems like we never get those really cool teams we rarely play to have true home and homes, the ones I can think of is we had a true home and home with Washington (when they were bad, the Seattle trip was following their 0-12 year) and West Virginia and Syracuse. WVU was cool but that's about the only cool OOC team that's come to Death Valley in a long time. We went to the Rose Bowl to play UCLA last year and they're supposed to come to Baton Rouge in 24 but idk what the status of that will be with them and USC going to the Big Ten.
Curly Hallman, man I forgot about that dude, and for good reason.

I wanted to come by and congratulate the Buffs on the new hire! I may be an LSU fan but I'm a fan of college football in general. My first ever Heisman ceremony I remember watching was when Salaam won, it was on at my late great grandma's Christmas party. I grew up hating Nebraska because of how dominate they always were so I always pulled for Colorado in that game. I still remember being at our family fishing camp for Thanksgiving in 2001, and me and my dad were watching the LSU/Arkansas game but we ended up flipping constantly to the CU/Nebraska game when we saw what was transpiring in Boulder, 62-36 was glorious for me as a CFB fan, one I'll never forget. It was pretty funny how Colorado won their first Big 12 title since the Big 8/SWC merge the same year LSU won their first SEC title since the SEC went to division format.

I've been to Colorado multiple times, in fact I was just there in Denver this past September for my honeymoon, and we drove over to Boulder for a bit so I could see Folsom for myself in person, at least the outside. It really is beautiful state, hopefully I can catch a game next time I'm there. I had always hoped Colorado could find their footing again. I've heard so many times over the years that the CU administration just didn't take football seriously anymore, but with this hire it seems they're announcing that they're serious about competing on the national scene again. Those facilities in that tour video look pretty good too, I believe they said they upgraded them in 2015 which would have been right before that year yall won the South and made it to the Pac 12 CG so as an outsider looking in it seems that the administration has been trying to get back on the national scene for a while just whiffed on some hires as well as Tucker bolting in the middle of the night leaving yall in a bind.

I don't know what you guys expect in year 1, but I'll just say Sonny Dykes, Lincoln Riley, and Brian Kelly are all first year coaches at their respective schools this year that got their teams to their conference title games, and Dykes made the playoffs. Teams can be rebuilt so fast in the age of the portal. I'm a big believe in Coach Prime and he's a great leader of men, I think he'll have you guys competing for Pac 12 titles sooner than you guys think. I couldn't be more excited for you guys!
Thanks for posting and I hope you stop by again. I grew up in Louisiana but have been in Colorado for 40 years and somewhere along the line I transformed to a Buff fan. I was in Louisiana visiting family in Nov. when LSU played Alabama. I watched that game with 12 rabid LSU fans at our family's fishing camp on Little River. It's been a long time since I was part of an LSU party and the energy in that group that night was off the charts. I realized I still had a some purple and gold blood mixed with my black and gold that night.

For the first time in a long time I have hope CU can return to be a national power and I can experience the dopamine rush of big wins in big games like the LSU win over Alabama.

GO BUFFS! and yeah, Geaux Tigers!

It is actually an initialism. An initialism is an abbreviation formed from the first letter of the words in a phrase. To be an acronym though the resulting abbreviation must be able to be read as a word. So an acronym is a subset of initialisms which is a subset of abbreviations.

FBI: initialism
NATO: acronym
Now do onomatopoeia.

deion-sanders-tracey-edmonds-1-2d2b07feae3a4f3a8d3a05d354eae114.jpg
Found this photo of Prime & Tracey Edmonds. It's like they knew they'd end up buying a ranch and settling in our region some day.

Imagine. Four years now, the PAC 10 is somehow still together. We've won three conference championships and are now considered perennial CFP contenders... And lead Stanford for highest athletic graduation rate in the conference.

I believe.

Truth. A woman at the office told me ,"Of course I know who Deion Sanders is. He was on a reality show with Tracey Edmonds from Extra with Mario Lopez."

(Yes, Prime is coming up in a lot of my conversations these days. 😁)
Similarly, I presented to 60 odd people this week. I announced that the q and a section after the presentation was only for questions related to new Colorado Buffaloes head coach Primetime

Back