What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official NCAA Tourney & Allbuffs Bracket Challenge Thread

That was the best game I've seen all year.

Xavier was clutch down the stretch, especially the big white guy O'Mara.

Trier is a talent but thinks he's better than he really is
I see a lot of guys who feel like they have to be "The Man" at the ends of games and force shots rather than looking for an open guy. But I guess that's part and parcel to the DNA of great players.

CUs inferiority complex towards AZ reminds me of the Bronco fans feelings toward Brady and NE. One pac12 tournament championship years ago and CU fans think they're basketball elite. Who cares if Cu beat however many of the elite 8 teams ?

I see a lot of guys who feel like they have to be "The Man" at the ends of games and force shots rather than looking for an open guy. But I guess that's part and parcel to the DNA of great players.

Hero ball, man !

Reactions: DBT
CUs inferiority complex towards AZ reminds me of the Bronco fans feelings toward Brady and NE. One pac12 tournament championship years ago and CU fans think they're basketball elite. Who cares if Cu beat however many of the elite 8 teams ?

Wasn't thinking of it in context of Arizona at all. I had Arizona winning the whole thing. Was thinking of it in the context of damn, this Colorado team was capable of so much more.

Calm down big fella! All that having beaten them does is add to the frustration of the season.

Wasn't thinking of it in context of Arizona at all. I had Arizona winning the whole thing. Was thinking of it in the context of damn, this Colorado team was capable of so much more.

Wasn't directed at anyone specific . I guess that's just bothered me over the years . I like to see any pac12 team succeed, unless playing CU

Xavier just hit some big time shots when they needed to and got some timely stops. Dudes now see a zone D and think they have to jack up threes. I'd be a bald mother****er if I coached lol.

I'll never get going for a contested 3 when you only need 2. AZ was controlling the boards but why not work inside out ?

I'm in the minority on this but U of A's tall kid from Finland, while being very smoothe and skilled, looks really slight/thin right now for the NBA game. IMO his best move would be to return to college for one more year and pack on about 30 good pounds. NBA bigs are going to pound the hell out of him if he goes in as he is now. In addition, he needs to develop some of the attitude that was shown by the Xavier guy Mercula (sp?)

Frankly, I thought this was one of Miller's worst rosters in the past several years and one of his best coaching jobs.
Right? Watching that game last night I kept thinking who does Arizona have again?? Trier is good but not a star and Markkanen is obviously a talent but still pretty raw. That team is littered with 4* and 5* guys but none of them have really seemed to pan out. Solid well coached team, but not a world beater and no stars which seems to be the key if you're not dominant like that Kentucky team a few years ago

In that mold, Oregon seems to be a more dangerous team

I'm in the minority on this but U of A's tall kid from Finland, while being very smoothe and skilled, looks really slight/thin right now for the NBA game. IMO his best move would be to return to college for one more year and pack on about 30 good pounds. NBA bigs are going to pound the hell out of him if he goes in as he is now. In addition, he needs to develop some of the attitude that was shown by the Xavier guy Mercula (sp?)

I'm with you and think their entire team should come back . None of the players screamed NBA ready but they could possibly lose Trier , Alkins, and Markennan(?). With how loaded this draft is supposed to be any of them leaving early would be a mistake ,IMO.

I think he's soft. There are plenty of guys coming out of Europe who are challenging the "soft Euro" stereotype. He's not one of them.

I agree - we CU fans as a unit do have an inferiority complex, and that makes sense. We're not a blueblood or anywhere close, but we have a proud sports tradition and want more success. Arizona is that next step.

But the main reason I want to quote your message is - **** the pats. As a loyal Broncos fan, I don't have an inferiority complex with the pats, because **** them. You want logic to my reasoning? Simple - **** the pats. **** the tuck rule, **** Vinatieri, **** Carroll for not running it in, **** Shanahan for not running out the clock, **** the pats...again, **** the pats. Are they a great dynasty, sure...but again, **** the pats. Thank you.

Frankly, I thought this was one of Miller's worst rosters in the past several years and one of his best coaching jobs.

I agree. I thought they were going to set themselves up for a great run next year, and I do think next year will be very good, perhaps great if they add Bowen. I didn't think Markaanen would be this good and stick around for 3 years, but even with losing him, Arizona is set up well.

I'm with you and think their entire team should come back . None of the players screamed NBA ready but they could possibly lose Trier , Alkins, and Markennan(?). With how loaded this draft is supposed to be any of them leaving early would be a mistake ,IMO.

I completely disagree with the Markaanen statements. The guy is good, and will be drafted top 10. If you're a guaranteed top 10 pick, you should leave in my opinion. The guy's skill set is great, and I don't get why people are calling him soft. Is he a rugged force inside, no, but he's just a freshman. I thought he played just fine inside for a guy just getting his feet wet to US bball, considering his game is a stretch big. In my novice scouting, I think he's a top 5 talent due to his potential.

Trier - I think could use some conditioning, but he's a great athlete. I think he'll leave, because he'll be a 1st rounder.

I agree - we CU fans as a unit do have an inferiority complex, and that makes sense. We're not a blueblood or anywhere close, but we have a proud sports tradition and want more success. Arizona is that next step.

But the main reason I want to quote your message is - **** the pats. As a loyal Broncos fan, I don't have an inferiority complex with the pats, because **** them. You want logic to my reasoning? Simple - **** the pats. **** the tuck rule, **** Vinatieri, **** Carroll for not running it in, **** Shanahan for not running out the clock, **** the pats...again, **** the pats. Are they a great dynasty, sure...but again, **** the pats. Thank you.

I agree. I thought they were going to set themselves up for a great run next year, and I do think next year will be very good, perhaps great if they add Bowen. I didn't think Markaanen would be this good and stick around for 3 years, but even with losing him, Arizona is set up well.

I completely disagree with the Markaanen statements. The guy is good, and will be drafted top 10. If you're a guaranteed top 10 pick, you should leave in my opinion. The guy's skill set is great, and I don't get why people are calling him soft. Is he a rugged force inside, no, but he's just a freshman. I thought he played just fine inside for a guy just getting his feet wet to US bball, considering his game is a stretch big. In my novice scouting, I think he's a top 5 talent due to his potential.

Trier - I think could use some conditioning, but he's a great athlete. I think he'll leave, because he'll be a 1st rounder.
He will leave based on the fact that he is pretty much a lottery lock, but that doesn't necessarily mean he is NBA ready and couldn't benefit from an extra year of two in college.

Actually, I think the one and done trend of drafting guys based solely off of potential has hurt a lot of players long term. Obviously, it's tough to leave that money on the table and risk injury, etc. in the short term, but long term it seems like more and more of the one and dones are not panning out b/c they are simply not ready when they come out. As a result, they end up riding the bench or are thrust into action against seasoned vets and grown men and are eventually relegated to the bench (see Emmanuel Mudiay). In the first scenario they are not getting the playing time they need, and in either scenario the result can be crushing to a players confidence. And in the NBA, confidence seems to be as important if not more important than talent alone.

Tonight's games:

Go Bulldogs!
Go C o c k s!
Go (holding nose slightly) Bruins!
Go Badgers!

UNC looking strong. So far, as no surprise, they and KU are looking like the 2 best teams in this tournament.

Back