What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

******Official RMS Game Thread******

He throws off his back foot in the pocket to avoid perceived pressure, he does not like contact. He is definitely at his best as a passer when he rolls out to a safe patch of grass.

If he rolls out and stops to set his feet! He drifts and never really resets.

I was happy. Gave a lot of time to Montez and opened up some serious holes. Hambright was as advertised. Sherman has definitely taken his game up a notch or two. Kutsch was a lot better than I expected and had a great game. Lynott didn't have any issues with his snaps and controlled the point. The only guy who disappointed me was Pursell. I think they replaced him on those last couple possessions to give Shutack and Roddick an opportunity. That position is unsettled and Nebraska is going to be challenging with their quality DTs.

Did the OL coach say a few weeks ago it was all a process to see which guys performed under pressure? I think we look okay and honestly we’re in good hands right now with him as coach.

Yeah. If he cannot be an elite passer from the pocket, the dual threat nature of his game would be nice to see. If anything, that is the most head-scratching part of his game. He has no feel for running in the open field outside of a handful of wide open runs a year.

Excited to see a true Dual Threat QB in this Jay Johnson offense!!! Watching Alabama, Georgia, and even Oklahoma proves it is the way to go, especially if we can keep our WR quality high and get and coach up good RB’s. Looking forward to seeing Lewis in this offense!

No one on that list holds a candle to Hodge.
Robert Hodge.

Also, goatnation has multiple threads about new HC's including...wait for it,,,MikMac. Multiple crybaby posts about the refs. It is pathetic.

Last edited:
When you only throw the ball 20 times it becomes a challenge. I felt like everyone other than Brown should have been targeted more than he was -- including the TEs who should have gotten opportunities up the seam against the CSU scheme. There just weren't enough balls to go around. Heck, if we'd passed 5 more times I mostly feel that they should have all been Viska targets.
When you are averaging 6.1 a carry on the ground and put 45 points on the board it's hard to argue. During the game I was seeing KD open along with the TEs on a number of plays. I also thought that as we were running the ball CSU's defense pulled up and the deep ball was available with Viska getting single coverage on some plays.

I was just thinking how 1 play changes our perception of an entire game. How different do Montez's and Viska's stats look if that deep ball hadn't gotten lost in the lights? It was a dime and would have been a 40+ yard TD catch.

Also would have stuck an arrow in the heart of CSU. Bobo had them playing with fire, that kind of TD at that moment would have been a big blow.

Robert Hodge.

Also, goatnation has multiple threads about new HC's including...wait for it,,,MikMac. Multiple crybaby posts about the refs. It is pathetic.
MM would be a good fit there. Actually, a REALLY good fit. He’d win a lot of games there. Might be the perfect situation for him.

Until next year, you dumb ****ers.
giphy.gif

Can someone meme the seen in Old School where Will Ferrell goes nuts in the locker room with the chair but caption it “they’re not a rivalry!”

I know you guys hate my Duck perspective, but I have to think of Darron Thomas in this thread. Yeah yeah "we smoked it all" and he couldn't make it in the freaking Arena League, but I've never seen a QB with such balls, he'd step into throws to get crushed time after time, game after game. Here comes Burfict, **** it, hopefully I die another day. Talent? eh. Ability. meh. Poise? Moxie? In spades.

Any additional replays available? I forgot to set the DVR to go late and didn't get most of the 2nd half.
Pac 12 will do the one hour version a couple of times. Tonight at, I think, 6 and tomorrow at 7. They show the plays and cut out the time between plays. Also will replay “2001: An Ass Kickin’ Odyssey” Wednesday at 5 pm.

Rewatched the game and here are some random observations:

Terrance Lang was a beast
I was unaware Roddick and Shutack got time while the game was on the line
Abrams was not good 1H but great 2H.
All our LB's are poor in space and coverage. Taylor is played out of position. He's far more LB than DB.
Maddox was directly at fault for multiple blown coverages. Hopefully he gets that cleaned up.
OL was great and Fontenot was the real deal.

All our LB's are poor in space and coverage. Taylor is played out of position. He's far more LB than DB.
Maddox was directly at fault for multiple blown coverages. Hopefully he gets that cleaned up.
I’m anxious to see the OL vs a better front seven this weekend. If they can produce similar results in the run game and pass pro, I’ll feel really good about that group all season long.

I also rewatched the game.

First half, the defense just seemed out of position a lot. Second half, the defense was in much better position to make the right play. They still had plenty of times where they blew the tackle even when in the right position, but looked much better overall.

Hopefully just some things that get cleaned up as guys get experience.

Pac 12 will do the one hour version a couple of times. Tonight at, I think, 6 and tomorrow at 7. They show the plays and cut out the time between plays. Also will replay “2001: An Ass Kickin’ Odyssey” Wednesday at 5 pm.
I watched the P12 version yesterday before ND/Louisville.

Abrams had a lot of plays where he was in the right spot and simply failed to make the play on the ball or the man. We have had DBs in the past who managed to overcome this, if Abrams can he will be a solid corner.

Back