What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

******Official RMS Game Thread******

Expectations met.
Montez is who we knew he was.
O still explosive.
D backfield fears realized.
Spread covered.
All time record expands to 67-2-22
Run first advertised and delivered
CU better athletes than CSU
Didn’t sell out Mile High. Adios NFL venue.

Expectations exceeded:
Full 4Q performance
Halftime adjustments
Onu picks & pos TO ratio
Mostly clean by way of flags
Clock management
ESPN knows how to milk a rain delay to keep TV audiences happyish.

Opponents who have no business being favored by Week1 standards
- Chip Kelly’s UCLA is still a WIP
- Kevin Sumlin’s UofA Aloha - oops
- Scott Frost offense sputtered against directional school

Makes me go hmmm
-AF 28pt 2Q is no joke
-ASU and Yoots on track
-If only Beavers were on sched

So was the "live" thing not working for this thread? I'm assuming posts are supposed to just show up without refreshing then?

Other than Alabama and Georgia, I'd agree. Enough of the SEC quotes-let's see how this staff does against the nubs.
Nebraska didn’t look too hot today. Had some nice explosive plays but who wouldn’t against USA? Nebraska should have athletes that USA could only dream about. I think it’ll be a close game next week.

Nebraska didn’t look too hot today. Had some nice explosive plays but who wouldn’t against USA? Nebraska should have athletes that USA could only dream about. I think it’ll be a close game next week.

I don't see how it doesn't play out a lot like last year's goes-we've got a pretty good shot if we clean up the stuff we saw last night.

I don't see how it doesn't play out a lot like last year's goes-we've got a pretty good shot if we clean up the stuff we saw last night.
Defense should be a lot better. They’re young and inexperienced. Nice thing about young guys is that they learn quick. Not suggesting they’ll shut Nebraska out but I bet they’ll be playing without reacting as much and communication should be better. Offense looked like it just needs some fine tuning - some obvious issues but a lot to build on.

The last team to win in Boulder in this series was CSU. Buffs most likely win next year so that takes care of the Fort. Only business left is to beat the sheep in Boulder in 2023.

I'm so glad this game will never be played in Denver again. Goodbye and **** off.

Is there a way to get the video shown at the stadium? After the Bobo bitching fumble, they had a close up of the CSU running back who was talking to the coach and mouthed "the ball was out".

Great win. Plenty of work for the staff to do, but I am confident they know where the work should be done.

CSU, as always, pulled out all the stops, and has probably been game planning and practicing since spring camp, and still could not get within three TD's.

See you lil bro, back to the mtn. weenie div. Five in a row, that must suck.

i'm going to be "that guy" for a minute and suggest that perhaps it will be ok. he had a really rocky first half. some bad reads and poor throws, etc. but, he did rally and play better as the game went on. he's in, what, his 4th offense in 5 years or something? i think he needed to get settled in and feel comfortable.

what we saw last night, as a body of work, was who montez has been for us-- he's a guy that can make every throw and look like a first rounder. and he's also a guy who sometimes has a hard time seeing the checks, or making the right throw, and who sometimes is over-amped. a good running game and a game plan that includes the tight ends can help him.
I'm so tired of hearing he can make every throw. He can throw a go route and hit the bubble screen, the rest you flip a coin on whether his mechanics are crap, or if he failed to go through his progressions.

That being said, for him, i thought he looked pretty good. He gave a few away but was relatively smart with the ball.

Random thought but I'm surprised we didnt see some of the young secondary guys like Perry, Luckett, Trujillo etc

I'm so tired of hearing he can make every throw. He can throw a go route and hit the bubble screen, the rest you flip a coin on whether his mechanics are crap, or if he failed to go through his progressions.

That being said, for him, i thought he looked pretty good. He gave a few away but was relatively smart with the ball.
Montez only threw 20 attempts. Still went over 200 yards and the team scored 52 points. Hard to criticize all things considered.

The criticism is that people are just done with the "what ifs" with Montez. He will be inconsistent as a 5th year senior and is a pretty average QB overall.
Harsh. He has his worts, but he's not going to hold the team back. The athleticism mostly hedges his bets as QB.

Harsh. He has his worts, but he's not going to hold the team back. The athleticism mostly hedges his bets as QB.

I mean, he might and probably will at some point. His athleticism is largely overrated in actual gameplay.

He is not terrible. He is not great. He just tends to oscillate between "Wow! Great throw" and "WTF was he thinking," sometimes on the same drive.

Defense will be a long project. I do think they will get better, but not holding my hope next week.

I do still have confidence in this staff. I think they will fix it. Hopefully it's when the conference game starts.

In the 1H, Montez made some serious blunders (almost all related to poor mechanics) on third downs that took the team off of the field. Against csu, you can recover from those issues. Against the bulk of the schedule we’re playing this season, you cannot make those kinds of mistakes and expect to win.

Last edited:

The omens are good
giphy.gif

Defense, especially the LBs looked like they were overthinking things last night. We are faster and quicker than CSU but they ran a lot of misdirection and rubs. We ended up a step behind or looking confused on too many plays.

We were very slow to react to formations. The first CSU TD was a result of Abrams ending up as the only DB on a side with two receivers, he called for help and nobody responded. He tried his best to cover both but that doesn't work.

Back