What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official The Mighty Bears of The University of Northern Colorado game thread

UNC has 18 division 1 transfers. It doesn't matter for this game, but thought that was note worthy and a massive amount of transfers.
It is a big number but doesn't say much about who they are or why they are there.

Big difference between a guy who was recruited to Alabama or to Alabama A&M. Both are D1 schools but one is an FCS school.

Also did the guy transfer because it was a bad fit or because he just couldn't play. CU has sadly recruited some guys over the past couple decades who never became good enough to be G5 or FCS players much less P5.

That is one way though to turn around a program and they have been getting run over by superior talent the last few years.

I hope that Dorrell is in a position to call off the dogs early in this game. The score is going to be closer than many expect because either CU is going to take a while to get going and/or KD isn't going to lay one on the Bears.

After this game is over I will hope that the rest of the year goes well for UNC as they have a lot of Colorado kids playing there.

So Daniel Arias is getting yet again the BOTD and has a co-starting job with Brenden Rice. Max Wray is second on the depth chart at tackle. Clayton behind Fontenot. Jack Lamb and Robert Barnes both second string (one of them is behind Rick Gamboa 2.0). Please tell me again how this coaching staff is so great at development and identifying talent.

Side note, Shrout is not listed as out for season which is interesting.

So Daniel Arias is getting yet again the BOTD and has a co-starting job with Brenden Rice. Max Wray is second on the depth chart at tackle. Clayton behind Fontenot. Jack Lamb and Robert Barnes both second string (one of them is behind Rick Gamboa 2.0). Please tell me again how this coaching staff is so great at development and identifying talent.
I don’t believe that depth chart is meaningful in any way. Barnes, Lamb and Wray didn’t come to CU to sit behind Marvin Ham, Quinn Perry and Jake Wiley.

Lots of players not even listed, Ty Robinson listed with KM3’s #88, there are 3 ILB positions listed with a base 4-3 defense??? No Nickel listed. I have to think some intern threw that together and Plati YOLO’d it to the public

I don’t believe that depth chart is meaningful in any way. Barnes, Lamb and Wray didn’t come to CU to sit behind Marvin Ham, Quinn Perry and Jake Wiley.

Lots of players not even listed, Ty Robinson listed with KM3’s #88, there are 3 ILB positions listed with a base 4-3 defense??? No Nickel listed. I have to think some intern threw that together and Plati YOLO’d it to the public
I hope you're right, but I wouldn't be surprised if this staff sees it like this as of right now. Good god. Even though it says 3 ILB, they do have the X/O names correct (Mike, Sam, Will) so it might be a typo on the Inside LInebacker part.

I hope you're right, but I wouldn't be surprised if this staff sees it like this as of right now. Good god. Even though it says 3 ILB, they do have the X/O names correct (Mike, Sam, Will) so it might be a typo on the Inside LInebacker part.
Yeah I’m just saying there are clear mistakes and omissions all over the place. Dorrell has mentioned Barnes and Lamb countless times as leaders of the team. No chance they are sitting behind Ham and Perry when aTm comes to town. We’ll find out Friday what the PT looks like for everyone in the first half

Well, not that this depth chart isn't surprising, but Arias and Shenault are listed as co-starters. Fontenot and Clayton are listed as co-number 2s. I'm not sure who Gamboa 2.0 is, but neither of those payers is behind JVD.

Well, not that this depth chart isn't surprising, but Arias and Shenault are listed as co-starters. Fontenot and Clayton are listed as co-number 2s. I'm not sure who Gamboa 2.0 is, but neither of those payers is behind JVD.
Quinn Perry

I don't bet against CU. Ever. But if I was going to, it would be that CU doesn't cover this spread. A ridiculous number of points and I see no reason why CU would feel the need to run it up like that. We will win, but I think it might be closer than we like until the second half.

UNC hasn't played since 2019 and a former local high school head coach is making his debut as UNC head coach on Friday night.

65 players who hasn't played a down for UNC. FCS scholarship limit is 63 so that is a lot of new players for one squad.

I will be rooting for the Bears the rest of the season but it could be a long night for Ed McCaffrey and his two sons which one is the OC and one is the starting QB.

Good to see the excuses have already started. CU football is back, baby!
angry bea arthur GIF

She still looks small by buffalo standards. Going to be fun to watch her grow up, hopefully our program will grow with her.

Best mascot in all of sports.
She's only 15 months old and 500 pounds. Still a calf. In a couple of years she'll be 1200 pounds and run 25 MPH.

Quinn Perry is leagues ahead of Gamboa athletically and Lamb is bum. I'm not saying I want or expected Perry and Ham to start btw. I fully expect Barnes to be starting. Lamb...not so much.

Clayton behind Fontenot makes sense. Fontenot is a proven commodity. I'll be more interested to see if they at least give Clayton enough touches to supplant Fontenot.

Only way Arias starting makes sense is if he magically got new hands.

She's only 15 months old and 500 pounds. Still a calf. In a couple of years she'll be 1200 pounds and run 25 MPH.
I wonder if she is going to do like Ralphie V did.

They said that normally as they matured the buffalos slow down some compensating for their getting heavier. They ended up retiring the last Ralphie because she was slowly continuing to get larger and at the same time she was getting faster. The Ralphie Handlers couldn't keep up with her to keep control of her.

I wonder if she is going to do like Ralphie V did.

They said that normally as they matured the buffalos slow down some compensating for their getting heavier. They ended up retiring the last Ralphie because she was slowly continuing to get larger and at the same time she was getting faster. The Ralphie Handlers couldn't keep up with her to keep control of her.
That's because Ralphie V was the most pampered and best-nutritioned American bison in the history of American bisons.

I see this as a trap game. Ed Mac will want a feather in his cap, using all 18 of the DI transfers with experience. I would not be surprised to see crazy formations (5 wideouts, wishbone, wildcat, 3-3-5 defense, hook and ladder, flea flicker, fake punts and kicks, double pass, halfback pass, statue of liberty, swinging gate). He is smart enough to know UNC does not stand a chance straight up. The Buffs will need to be disciplined

Last edited:
I see this as a trap game. Ed Mac will want a feather in his cap, using all 18 of the DI transfers with experience. I would not be surprised to see crazy formations (5 wideouts, wishbone, wildcat, 3-3-5 defense, hook and ladder, flea flicker, fake punts and kicks, double pass, halfback pass, statue of liberty, swinging gate). He is smart enough to know UNC does stand a chance straight up. The Buffs will need to be disciplined
They basically have a bunch guys that have either never coached above Colorado high school, or never coached period. Remembering what we looked like with first time coordinators and a first time head coach, I’d be surprised if they pulled off, let alone tried, various trick plays and trick formations.

Seems like they have some talent and we all have FCS PTSD though so who knows.

I see this as a trap game. Ed Mac will want a feather in his cap, using all 18 of the DI transfers with experience. I would not be surprised to see crazy formations (5 wideouts, wishbone, wildcat, 3-3-5 defense, hook and ladder, flea flicker, fake punts and kicks, double pass, halfback pass, statue of liberty, swinging gate). He is smart enough to know UNC does stand a chance straight up. The Buffs will need to be disciplined
It's not like UNC is Montana St. Oh wait...

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

You're way off base here-Sorry. I'm a UNC alum-and I still follow them.....even though I follow basketball (was a walk-on 15 years ago for them) way more than football. UNC's a massive project-they hired Ed because they knew he'd instantly make them more relevant in Denver than they've been going back to the late 90s when they were a D2 powerhouse. Ed's staff is really unimpressive-he doesn't have any college experience. Max is his OC-I don't think he's called a play at ANY LEVEL. His DC came with him from Valor (fat bald guy from the lookalike thread), and he's never coached above the HS level. A lot of their coaches don't have any college experience. The transfers are going to play obviously, but they're not going to keep them in the game. They're picked dead last in the Big Sky for a reason. CU by at least 24-and the only reason it'll be that close is because our staff starts pulling guys to avoid injuries before we play Aggie.

I don't bet against CU. Ever. But if I was going to, it would be that CU doesn't cover this spread. A ridiculous number of points and I see no reason why CU would feel the need to run it up like that. We will win, but I think it might be closer than we like until the second half.
UNC is a mess right now

You're way off base here-Sorry. I'm a UNC alum-and I still follow them.....even though I follow basketball (was a walk-on 15 years ago for them) way more than football. UNC's a massive project-they hired Ed because they knew he'd instantly make them more relevant in Denver than they've been going back to the late 90s when they were a D2 powerhouse. Ed's staff is really unimpressive-he doesn't have any college experience. Max is his OC-I don't think he's called a play at ANY LEVEL. His DC came with him from Valor (fat bald guy from the lookalike thread), and he's never coached above the HS level. A lot of their coaches don't have any college experience. The transfers are going to play obviously, but they're not going to keep them in the game. They're picked dead last in the Big Sky for a reason. CU by at least 24-and the only reason it'll be that close is because our staff starts pulling guys to avoid injuries before we play Aggie.
I hope that's the case. A lot of unknowns on both sides of the field - but Buffs should romp on talent alone.

Back