What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official The Mighty Bears of The University of Northern Colorado game thread

UNC is a mess right now

Exactly-but I'm not touching that number still. Most likely way the game goes is we get up 30-35, put in our backups, and they get a couple garbage scores. I usually stay off any spreads over 24.

Exactly-but I'm not touching that number still. Most likely way the game goes is we get up 30-35, put in our backups, and they get a couple garbage scores. I usually stay off any spreads over 24.
My sources are telling me it is THAT bad. Eddy Mac is in WAY over his head. We will see

My sources are telling me it is THAT bad. Eddy Mac is in WAY over his head. We will see

Yeah I assumed that when he hired one guy (Byrnes-their OL coach) who had previous experience coaching in college. I think he'll make a fair amount of changes after this season-but I'd be surprised if they win a game this year. If we're scheduling FCS teams, it needs to be this type of a team and not ****ing North Dakota State.

You're way off base here-Sorry. I'm a UNC alum-and I still follow them.....even though I follow basketball (was a walk-on 15 years ago for them) way more than football. UNC's a massive project-they hired Ed because they knew he'd instantly make them more relevant in Denver than they've been going back to the late 90s when they were a D2 powerhouse. Ed's staff is really unimpressive-he doesn't have any college experience. Max is his OC-I don't think he's called a play at ANY LEVEL. His DC came with him from Valor (fat bald guy from the lookalike thread), and he's never coached above the HS level. A lot of their coaches don't have any college experience. The transfers are going to play obviously, but they're not going to keep them in the game. They're picked dead last in the Big Sky for a reason. CU by at least 24-and the only reason it'll be that close is because our staff starts pulling guys to avoid injuries before we play Aggie.
At least coming from Valor they have a lot of experience recruiting. :LOL:

Yeah I assumed that when he hired one guy (Byrnes-their OL coach) who had previous experience coaching in college. I think he'll make a fair amount of changes after this season-but I'd be surprised if they win a game this year. If we're scheduling FCS teams, it needs to be this type of a team and not ****ing North Dakota State.

Thanks for the info on the Bears...going to be brutal this season for sure in Greeley. I thought they'd have a chance against Lamar at home but that is a triple option team coached by a former Air Force QB who might potentially succeed AFA's current coach in the future.

At least they have a nice shiny turf field they installed this summer to look better on television.

Thanks for the info on the Bears...going to be brutal this season for sure in Greeley. I thought they'd have a chance against Lamar at home but that is a triple option team coached by a former Air Force QB who might potentially succeed AFA's current coach in the future.

At least they have a nice shiny turf field they installed this summer to look better on television.

They don't. I remember Blane Morgan, but he's 56. Mike Theissen's in house down there already and 14 years younger. AFA promotes him when Calhoun leaves.

They don't. I remember Blane Morgan, but he's 56. Mike Theissen's in house down there already and 14 years younger. AFA promotes him when Calhoun leaves.

I wouldn't sleep on Morgan (he's 44 not 56 see highlights below plus it's impossible for him to be 56 given he was a college QB in the late 1990's) as the next AFA coach even if it appears that Theissen is the HC in waiting. He had it tough at Lamar due to COVID-19 and the spring football season this spring. Lamar did beat McNeese State on the road which was impressive and they also beat Northwestern State. He played in a conference that isn't too much different from what the Big 12 does offensively. He'll have another challenge this season as Lamar moves from the Southland to the WAC but it's a WAC-ASUN challenge for 2021 before the full WAC in 2022. The WAC is talking about moving all schools up to FBS by the end of this decade. This would be perfect for if Air Force decided to go independent down the road and I think that is becoming more likely down the road.

1630559204813.png

She still looks small by buffalo standards. Going to be fun to watch her grow up, hopefully our program will grow with her.

Best mascot in all of sports.
She's only 15 months old and 500 pounds. Still a calf. In a couple of years she'll be 1200 pounds and run 25 MPH.
We all know this. But I just hope it’s not something we nationally get laughed at for.

Or Sac State…amirite?

Something something history of the Colorado Buffaloes

I do not see any reason to worry about this game. This year's UNC team is going to be the weakest FCS team CU has ever played. This is as close as CU will be to playing a D2 school. The FCS schools that beat CU were much closer to the top of FCS football world and not the types that would sniff the bottom of the FCS world like UNC has done.

Just an interesting fact:

good for them.

I remember reading several years ago during New England's NFL high point that they had more college graduates on their roster than any other NFL team, and thinking "that's a good way to build a team". I still think we kick UNC's ass tomorrow though.

good for them.

I remember during reading several years ago during New England's NFL high point that they had more college graduates on their roster than any other NFL team, and thinking "that's a good way to build a team". I still think we kick UNC's ass tomorrow though.

They have 65 newcomers plus no football since 2019. It would be inexcusable on many levels if we don't kick their ass tomorrow night.

I do not see any reason to worry about this game. This year's UNC team is going to be the weakest FCS team CU has ever played. This is as close as CU will be to playing a D2 school. The FCS schools that beat CU were much closer to the top of FCS football world and not the types that would sniff the bottom of the FCS world like UNC has done.
Actually in most years I would worry more about playing D2 CSU-Pueblo than I would this years UNC team. Wristen in Pueblo finds talent and has a very good coaching staff.

UNC had success for a period of time at D2. The won national championships when Joe Glenn was there but outside of his time they have been average or less. Since moving to FCS they have struggled to find success. Their resources and fan support would probably fit better in D2.

Actually in most years I would worry more about playing D2 CSU-Pueblo than I would this years UNC team. Wristen in Pueblo finds talent and has a very good coaching staff.

UNC had success for a period of time at D2. The won national championships when Joe Glenn was there but outside of his time they have been average or less. Since moving to FCS they have struggled to find success. Their resources and fan support would probably fit better in D2.

Agreed about CSU-Pueblo versus UNC even if UNC has all of those D1 transfers on their squad. Coaching and team chemistry would be a deciding factor in this one.

UNC has struggled in the Big Sky Conference and even if the MVFC is tougher, I think that could be a better home for them. It seems like CU's move to the P12 mirrors what UNC has gone through since joining the Big Sky.

Funny you say that since they scrimmaged each other last Spring. UNC technically won, but it was VERY close.

Funny you say that since they scrimmaged each other last Spring. UNC technically won, but it was VERY close.
Adding to this - CSU Pueblo's stadium and facilities are way better than UNC. Mines are too, in fact. Thinking about it, UNC is f*cking sad.

Adding to this - CSU Pueblo's stadium and facilities are way better than UNC. Mines are too, in fact. Thinking about it, UNC is f*cking sad.

UNC has two separate turf practice fields in addition to the grass ones and they are putting the finishing touches on an athletic performance center. Only thing missing is an indoor practice facility which is probably the next step.

Both stadiums have running tracks around them so it's a push.

Try looking at Google Maps before you post something like that. UNC easily wins that argument.

The Pueblo community has really gotten behind both the school and the program. You are right about the facilities including the stadium and the community continues to support them. Mines doesn't have the same kind of community support but they have some alumni who are in a financial position and have kept them competitive from a resources standpoint.

UNC made a mistake stepping up to FCS and should seriously consider stepping back to D2. The cost of running a competitive program at that level can be significantly less and playing an RMAC schedule would increase fan interest and alumni interest in the college by generating more local attention.

UNC has two separate turf practice fields in addition to the grass ones and they are putting the finishing touches on an athletic performance center. Only thing missing is an indoor practice facility which is probably the next step.

Both stadiums have running tracks around them so it's a push.

Try looking at Google Maps before you post something like that. UNC easily wins that argument.
Nottingham Field is a significant step up from the old Jackson Field but The Thunderbowl is a much better facility and experience and unlike Greeley, Pueblo fills those seats averaging pre-covid over 8,000 per game.

Back