What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official The Mighty Bears of The University of Northern Colorado game thread

The Pueblo community has really gotten behind both the school and the program. You are right about the facilities including the stadium and the community continues to support them. Mines doesn't have the same kind of community support but they have some alumni who are in a financial position and have kept them competitive from a resources standpoint.

UNC made a mistake stepping up to FCS and should seriously consider stepping back to D2. The cost of running a competitive program at that level can be significantly less and playing an RMAC schedule would increase fan interest and alumni interest in the college by generating more local attention.

You need to give proof that CSUP's facilities are better because that is flat out not true and CSUP's stadium is just simply newer than UNC's stadium that is all. Go to Google Maps and both athletic sites and show me how many practice fields CSUP has and the strength training facilities of both schools.

UNC is not going back to D2 mainly due to how it compares to the RMAC and Big Sky schools.

Nottingham Field is a significant step up from the old Jackson Field but The Thunderbowl is a much better facility and experience and unlike Greeley, Pueblo fills those seats averaging pre-covid over 8,000 per game.

Not disagreeing about support but both stadiums are a push because they have running tracks. You must have missed the news that UNC has replaced the grass field with turf this summer.

UNC has two separate turf practice fields in addition to the grass ones and they are putting the finishing touches on an athletic performance center. Only thing missing is an indoor practice facility which is probably the next step.

Both stadiums have running tracks around them so it's a push.

Try looking at Google Maps before you post something like that. UNC easily wins that argument.
Why would I need to look at Google Maps? I've been to all three numerous times. For actual games, for camps, for facility tours, and for meetings with coaches. UNC finishes 3rd. Deal with it.

Ruh roh. What if BLew is special teams captain?! 😨

E-TijjXVEBELW9B

Why would I need to look at Google Maps? I've been to all three numerous times. For actual games, for camps, for facility tours, and for meetings with coaches. UNC finishes 3rd. Deal with it.
Echo this, been to each. Pueblo way ahead,

UNC has a division 2 feel to it more like Alamosa or Gunnison than D1.

Four pages of posts in a Game Thread for a game that doesn't even kick off for another 31 hours or so. Hungry for football around here.
Not going to dig them up, but I wonder how many pages of pre-game day posts there were on threads for RMS openers in 2019 and before.

Just wait for the meltdown on this board if CU has a three and out early in the game.

I do not see any reason to worry about this game. This year's UNC team is going to be the weakest FCS team CU has ever played. This is as close as CU will be to playing a D2 school. The FCS schools that beat CU were much closer to the top of FCS football world and not the types that would sniff the bottom of the FCS world like UNC has done.
Bad hoodoo

Not to send this thread in a whole other insane tangent, but who is masking tonight?
Queue the insane tangent full of CDC guidelines, CDC false statements, statistics, counter statistics, variants, treatment plans, Dr Fauci, Rand Paul, name calling and hatred of our fellow citizens…

**** that….Let’s play some football!!!

Last edited:
Back