What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Washington State Game Thread (10/21, 8:45 on ESPN)

I expect the Offense to put up 45 points next week. And the D to give up 52.

This team confuses me.

Macintyre will go down as the worst coach of the unholy triad, if only because we will be stuck with his sorry ass for a lot longer than we were with dumb and dumber.

Is it just me or do I hope Lindgren pulls out a few secret offensive plays that we haven't seen yet. Apparently he's been hiding them for really important games.

I am not saying we shouldn’t recruit better.

But, over the past few years, our recruiting has been no worse than Washington State. It has been no worse than Cal. It’s really been no worse than Utah. Yet two of those teams are consistently good and it looks like Cal is moving in the right direction.

Our MAIN problem isn’t recruiting, it is coaching. It’s really lack of adult leadership in coaching.

Coach Mac looks like a B throwing his tantrums. Had to tell my 2 year old that he wasn't mad, he was only trying to stomp the puddles of water on the sideline.

I already wrote the Buffs off as a losing the remainder of their schedule this year. They are so god awful it's humerous. So much talk pre season about the Black Out Boys and coach of the year...blah blah blah. What a disaster.

Sheer incompetence. No other word for it.
Steven Montez-Continues to think too much. He can't process what he sees quickly enough, and thus brings us the breakdowns, sacks, and plays like the 4th down that got Irwin kicked out of the game for targeting. Do we even know who starts next week at QB?
Using the shotgun and pistol formations with a backup QB and center-Call me crazy, but after the first bad snap to Noyer (I counted three since the QB change-I've since stopped watching) why are we not putting WHOEVER IS PLAYING QB under center the rest of tonight so we don't have that problem? Yeah......I get we don't do a lot of that....but if we had scored there.....its 14-7, and its a game at that point.
Defense-I don't remember the last time I saw us even attempt to disguise what we were trying to do pre-snap. Not only that-but how many rush yards did we give up to the worst rushing team in the country or whatever they were coming into tonight? Good grief.

I am not saying we shouldn’t recruit better.

But, over the past few years, our recruiting has been no worse than Washington State. It has been no worse than Cal. It’s really been no worse than Utah. Yet two of those teams are consistently good and it looks like Cal is moving in the right direction.

Our MAIN problem isn’t recruiting, it is coaching. It’s really lack of adult leadership in coaching.

Leach runs a system that will produce 50-70th percentile teams year in and year out without tons of talent. However, he won't go beyond that.

That being said, I'd kill for that at CU.

Montez has to be the QB if we want to win another game!
If PL is our best offensive player, then we might as well be a run team with play action!!! Long routes with the QB in the pocket is no longer an option!
Can someone tell me where the proverbial DRAWING BOARD is? I am pretty sure that ours has Lindgren writing in crayon on it.

Leavitt is laughing his ass off.....he took the WORST defense in FBS...and turned it into a unit that made plays and won games. He had the Oregon defense playing well until the offense lost Herbert (top 5 ranked QB), when the offense went into the tank. We saw tonight what crappy QB play can do to your defense. Depressing that we are stuck with Mikey Mike.....not much excitement in the program. Better hope that all those Frosh OL are stars in the making else we will be WORSE next year.

You know, one thing I haven't pointed out in regards to how inept our OC is, is that we seem to be the only team in the country that doesn't use the 50/50 ball or the fade stop as a part of our offense. Bobo should be getting 3 or 4 50/50 balls thrown to him every game.
So you think we 3 or 4 interceptions a game is reasonable?

Last edited:
Macintyre will go down as the worst coach of the unholy triad, if only because we will be stuck with his sorry ass for a lot longer than we were with dumb and dumber.

I'm not so sure about that. I don't see a change after this year.......but the finances of the department have significantly improved under RG (I believe he's balanced the budget or had it in the black three years in a row-correct me anyone if I'm wrong). One of the perks of that is being able to not allow a bad football coach to stick around another year or two just you don't have to pay him as much to get rid of him a la Dan Hawkins.

On our way home. THE WORST offensive performance I've ever seen. How many ****ing times did cu have the ball at midfield and did nothing?

Horrible coaching, wr's were awful and montez played scared and his throws were a joke.

Anazing how quicly cu has effed themselves.

Piss poor effort buffs, embarrassing. ..

Mac just gave the first matter a fact interview, but still points out the what-ifs. Throwing Steven under the bus and talking like Noyer should actually quarterback this team is crap. Hold your play caller responsible for something!

Think MM would pull an Anderson? Of course not...he is a narcissist goober who still believes he was the defensive master mind of last years defense and the motivational force that brought about "The Rise".....

Mac just gave the first matter a fact interview, but still points out the what-ifs. Throwing Steven under the bus and talking like Noyer should actually quarterback this team is crap. Hold your play caller responsible for something!
I thought he did hold his play callers responsible. GB thinks Montez needs to sit and kind of take things in. He thinks Noyer should start next week.

Mac said Montez wasn’t making his reads and Noyer should’ve been better.

Leavitt is laughing his ass off.....he took the WORST defense in FBS...and turned it into a unit that made plays and won games. He had the Oregon defense playing well until the offense lost Herbert (top 5 ranked QB), when the offense went into the tank. We saw tonight what crappy QB play can do to your defense. Depressing that we are stuck with Mikey Mike.....not much excitement in the program. Better hope that all those Frosh OL are stars in the making else we will be WORSE next year.

I doubt Leavitt is laughing his ass off. His current squad is dead ass last in the Pac-12 in scoring defense with far better athletes than we have.

It is now clear that Montez has a fragile ego. Many lines of evidence. Good last year as backup...didn’t have anything to lose. Cockiness coming into season...a mechanism for making up for lack of self-confidence. A have fun approach to practice and games...means taught by sports shrinks to manage constant self-examination. Wilting under expectations when he has responsibility for team.

Probably best thing for him is to come in as reserve next week. Will lead to loss, but will take the pressure off of the QB we need next year.

I doubt Leavitt is laughing his ass off. His current squad is dead ass last in the Pac-12 in scoring defense with far better athletes than we have.
They lost the fifth ranked QB in the country the last 4 games...who led an offense that was near the top in FBS. They are playing a true frosh who is averaging less than 100 YPG the last three weeks. Their offense is horrid right now. Despite that, tHey were number 22 in the nation in run defense and number 44 overall. We would have given up 80 to Arizona and 50 to OSU if our offense doesn't hold the ball for 18 play drives. Oregon defense has improved dramatically. Get real.

Back