What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Oklahioma vs Nebraska

So you agree he looked awful because the ****ers made him look awful?

You're kind of a confusing little guy to me.

Somebody says something. You agree with it, but in a feathers ruffled sort of way. And then, when it's pointed out to you that you're actually in agreement on the issue--even though you clearly want to be all agro--you come back with this quoted non-sequiter?

You weren't on your high school debate team, were you?

Somebody says something. You agree with it, but in a feathers ruffled sort of way. And then, when it's pointed out to you that you're actually in agreement on the issue--even though you clearly want to be all agro--you come back with this quoted non sequitur?

Um, you may want to provide a link to what non sequitur means, just so not to confuse our corn fed friend

young QBs have off days on accuracy. TH at KSU definite example. Was he inaccurate all game, or did he get progressively worse?

Jones got progressively worse. Landry did not have a bad day he made some nice passes but the worst passes he threw (overthrown INTs) came in the second half. The last two drives of the game ended in INTs.

He is young but let's not act like Landry Jones is a bad QB. People were saying that before the OU-NU game that Landry was doing a pretty good job replacing McCoy. Any QB who played for OU was going to struggle with that O-line including Bradford. Until the NU game, Landry was doing a fine job. Now everyone (not just you guys but the Oklahoma media in particular) act like Landry is the worst QB ever.

Somebody says something. You agree with it, but in a feathers ruffled sort of way. And then, when it's pointed out to you that you're actually in agreement on the issue--even though you clearly want to be all agro--you come back with this quoted non-sequiter?

Do you think Landry Jones is an awful QB or just an awful QB against the ****ers? Simple enough question.

I am certainly not saying that but it was by far the best defensive performance I have seen by the Blackshirts in long long time.

Sweet Jebus you are dense. If you've read this board you'd know that the vast majority of the posters here have a ton of respect for the ****er D, but the way you fools would tell it it's the best D to ever grace a football field. ****, OU had a better defensive performance than you guys did in that game.

You have a good D and the arguably the best player in college football in Suh.

Jones got progressively worse. Landry did not have a bad day he made some nice passes but the worst passes he threw (overthrown INTs) came in the second half. The last two drives of the game ended in INTs.

He is young but let's not act like Landry Jones is a bad QB. People were saying that before the OU-NU game that Landry was doing a pretty good job replacing McCoy. Any QB who played for OU was going to struggle with that O-line including Bradford. Until the NU game, Landry was doing a fine job. Now everyone (not just you guys but the Oklahoma media in particular) act like Landry is the worst QB ever.

Dude, dude, dude. Hold on, settle down, take a deep breath.

Feeling better?

Nobody was taking anything away from nebraska's defense in this thread. BB just said he looked awful. He didn't give any reason. It wasn't intended to be a slap in the face of the red-polyester-clad classiest college football fans.

"Not just you guys". C'mon buddy. Concentrate on your reading comprehension. Read things twice, if you have to. Also, maybe don't come in, guns all a blazin' on a rival fans' site. You can't take things to personally over here. Also, we don't owe you anything.

Finally, Allbuffs posters have been overwhelmingly complimentary of Suh and the nebraska defense as a whole. They get their recognition around these parts.

Do you think Landry Jones is an awful QB or just an awful QB against the ****ers? Simple enough question.

**** you. Why do I owe you an answer? You come over here and highjack a thread, because you misunderstand a post and start demanding I answer your questions.

I didn't see the game you little prick.

Not sure why I would need a link. Was that a dig on a University of Nebraska education?

implied-facepalm.jpg

Sweet Jebus you are dense. If you've read this board you'd know that the vast majority of the posters here have a ton of respect for the ****er D, but the way you fools would tell it it's the best D to ever grace a football field. ****, OU had a better defensive performance than you guys did in that game.

You have a good D and the arguably the best player in college football in Suh.

You are right this is a very good board and most posters are respectful of us Corn Fans. You probably have not followed the media as closely as we have regarding the NU-OU game. Nobody is giving us any credit whatsoever for the win. We beat OU by 7 points. OU had lost 3 games before that but by a combined 5 points. Some corn fans would just like a little credit. Take your comment about OU having a better D performance that Nebraska, totally wrong. NU's D dominated the game. NU's O did not even really try so OU's D did not really have to do anything as we did not challenge them.

You are right this is a very good board and most posters are respectful of us Corn Fans. You probably have not followed the media as closely as we have regarding the NU-OU game. Nobody is giving us any credit whatsoever for the win. We beat OU by 7 points. OU had lost 3 games before that but by a combined 5 points. Some corn fans would just like a little credit. Take your comment about OU having a better D performance that Nebraska, totally wrong. NU's D dominated the game. NU's O did not even really try so OU's D did not really have to do anything as we did not challenge them.

:lol::lol:

Well you sure came to the right place.

had me until the end there. Shawn Watson offenses TRY, they just really suck at trying :lol:. plus you are in the wrong ****ing place for getting credit. Fuskerpedia has always got a good circle jerk going, so go there if you want some ****erloving action :smile2:

Okay, I'm going to bed. I'm looking forward to seeing how this thread has progressed when I wake up in the morning.

You are right this is a very good board and most posters are respectful of us Corn Fans. You probably have not followed the media as closely as we have regarding the NU-OU game.

No ****......:rolleyes:

Nobody is giving us any credit whatsoever for the win.

You beat the worst team OU fielded in Stoops tenure, bravo.
shiny-gold-star-thumb2175714.jpg

We beat OU by 7 points. OU had lost 3 games before that but by a combined 5 points. Some corn fans would just like a little credit.

:dbt:

See gold star above....

Take your comment about OU having a better D performance that Nebraska, totally wrong. NU's D dominated the game. NU's O did not even really try so OU's D did not really have to do anything as we did not challenge them.

Both D's dominated you knucklehead. It's like talking to a wall here.

Why ****er fans feel the need to be validated on a CU board I will never know.

had me until the end there. Shawn Watson offenses TRY, they just really suck at trying :lol:. plus you are in the wrong ****ing place for getting credit. Fuskerpedia has always got a good circle jerk going, so go there if you want some ****erloving action :smile2:

To everyone who has responded to my posts thus far you are all correct I misread the "awful" quote and thought it was meant that he is an awful QB. My apologies.

Regarding the above quote you are correct Watson is struggling a lot this year I only meant that he was far more conservative (not really 'trying' as in throwing the ball downfield and taking any chances) against OU than usual. His offenses usually "try" and sometimes fail but against OU, if you saw the game, the plan on offense was to just run the ball and don't turn the ball over. Pretty easy for OU to defend.

No ****......:rolleyes:

You beat the worst team OU fielded in Stoops tenure, bravo.
shiny-gold-star-thumb2175714.jpg

:dbt:

See gold star above....

Both D's dominated you knucklehead. It's like talking to a wall here.

Why ****er fans feel the need to be validated on a CU board I will never know.[/QUOTE]

Not looking for validation I am sick of the media dissing the North and praising the South so I like it when North teams beat the South. Thought some of you might be happy NU beat OU like I was CU beat aTm. Guess not.

Okay, I'm going to bed. I'm looking forward to seeing how this thread has progressed when I wake up in the morning.

It hopefully won't get ugly as I admitted I read the "awful" quote and thought it was meant that Jones was an awful QB. I am not looking for a fight on your board and meant nothing by it.

I really do come in peace.

The ****ers had not beaten OU since 2001. We are happy with the win and I for one am a little defensive with all the "OU is really bad this year" and "OU beat themselves" stuff. Those things might be true but the ****ers had a lot going against them as well with no offense, iffy special teams etc and we eaked out a win. Somehow I took a wrong turn at Ogalala and ended up on your boards looking for a congrats or something. :smile2:

Last edited:
You mean Landry Jones who has won Big XII Offensive Player of the Week twice this season (Last time he won it was the week before playing NU)

Jones is the only player to be named Big XII OPOTW twice.

Maybe the NU defense had something to do with how awful he looked. People see overthrown balls for interceptions and think NU had nothing to do with the overthrown pass. Maybe after getting hit by Suh and company so often had caused him to rush his throws?

Why don't you mention that that was the 4th time the OU O-line got abused this year? Or how about the 2 game losing streak NU had at home coming into it? It was a nice win, but OU is not that great this year, and NU was due for a win at home. The win is like beating a Texas Tech or texas A&M IMO, not like beating a Texas or "normal" Oklahoma.

When was the last time NU scored a TD on a sustained drive not set up by defense or special teams?

Last edited:
Not looking for validation I am sick of the media dissing the North and praising the South so I like it when North teams beat the South. Thought some of you might be happy NU beat OU like I was CU beat aTm. Guess not.

I don't care who the nubs play or when, I want them to lose. Always.

Why don't you mention that that was the 4th time the OU O-line got abused this year? Or how about the 2 game losing streak NU had at home coming into it? It was a nice win, but OU is not that great this year, and NU was due for a win at home. The win is like beating a Texas Tech or texas A&M IMO, not like beating a Texas or "normal" Oklahoma.

When was the last time NU scored a TD on a sustained drive not set up by defense or special teams?

Can't argue with anything you said. Beating OU was more symbolic for NU since we haven't beaten them since 2001. It is a bad OU team (although I personally think the Rhett Bomar QB'd 2004 team was worse) but still an OU team that played for the NC last year. Nebraska did lose two in Lincoln and we have huge problems on offense. You are correct that NU has not had many sustained drives this year and I don't really know any NU fans who will try to say we are playing good O this year. That is kind of why beating OU was a nice surprise since we had to do it with no offense. The last sustained drive we had was probably against U-La-La? Our offense is terrible and we admit it.

Can't argue with anything you said. Beating OU was more symbolic for NU since we haven't beaten them since 2001. It is a bad OU team (although I personally think the Rhett Bomar QB'd 2004 team was worse) but still an OU team that played for the NC last year. Nebraska did lose two in Lincoln and we have huge problems on offense. You are correct that NU has not had many sustained drives this year and I don't really know any NU fans who will try to say we are playing good O this year. That is kind of why beating OU was a nice surprise since we had to do it with no offense. The last sustained drive we had was probably against U-La-La? Our offense is terrible and we admit it.

Well I will say that because your offense is so bad we stand a chance at beating you, but we wont score much either on your defense.

I never knew one comment I made in passing could provide such entertainment. To the Corn fan, I do think Landry Jones looked awful and I think a lot of it had to do with the NU offense. But I also saw a guy lacking any sort of passion and generally looked uninterested most of the night. He has a long ways to go in my book and I do consider him a "good" QB by any stretch yet.

I never knew one comment I made in passing could provide such entertainment. To the Corn fan, I do think Landry Jones looked awful and I think a lot of it had to do with the NU offense. But I also saw a guy lacking any sort of passion and generally looked uninterested most of the night. He has a long ways to go in my book and I do consider him a "good" QB by any stretch yet.

I took your quote wrong and all hell broke loose. Happy to provide you with the entertainment. :smile2: Landry Jones does have a long way to go but he is pretty solid for a redshirt frosh.

Well I will say that because your offense is so bad we stand a chance at beating you, but we wont score much either on your defense.

Totally agree. Anyone stands a chance with us as our offense is good for about one TD a game depending on if the defense sets them up or not. :smile2:

I took your quote wrong and all hell broke loose. Happy to provide you with the entertainment. :smile2: Landry Jones does have a long way to go but he is pretty solid for a redshirt frosh.

Jones should end up being a good QB. He's not bad now.

Yes, NU's defense played well, as did OU's. I don't believe that OU is soft like some others have said. It was a good win for Neb. No, Oklahoma isn't currently the team it's been the last two years, but I don't think any other team or even Nebraska would beat them again if they played tomorrow.

Jones should end up being a good QB. He's not bad now.

Yes, NU's defense played well, as did OU's. I don't believe that OU is soft like some others have said. It was a good win for Neb. No, Oklahoma isn't currently the team it's been the last two years, but I don't think any other team or even Nebraska would beat them again if they played tomorrow.

I would agree about OU's defense, as for their O-line, it is pretty bad, Suh and Crick would be all over Jones again in a rematch.

Back