What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other Games 10/31 - 11/4

Washington's OL has been spectacular. They're getting a hell of a push and they can move - pulling, leading to the edge, getting to the 2nd level. Respect. Wasn't that supposed to be the team weakness heading into this season?

Did you all see when the teams were heading into the locker rooms at halftime, and the Huskies were barking at SC after following them down the tunnel? Good stuff 👌

And it’s fun as hell.
I'd like to see at least a little defense but it is fun.

To put it in context these teams have scored 63 points in one half of football.

Of the 6 games played today in the B1G only one had that many points for the entire game, Pedo State blowing out Maryland, and that was 2 points more.

Iowa and Northwestern combined for 339 yards in the whole game. Washington has 333 yards in the first half, SC 268.

Army has been bad all year but the Air Force record is deceptive. They are undefeated but most of those wins have been against really weak opponents.

Army has gone away from the triple option style Air Force runs but they are very familiar with the AF offense so don't have to make the same adjustments that most teams do

Glanced at the box score and AF had 6 turnovers today

This series is very lopsided in OU's favor but I heard Rece Davis say that OSU beat OU in both teams' last game in the Big 8, in Lincoln Riley's last Bedlam game at OU, and now they beat them in OU's last game in the Big 12.
The series is lopsided in OU's favor but when you are including games for 50 years ago and more it is irrelevant. Prior to T.Boone Pickens Okie State was another bottom end Big 8 have not like the Kansas schools and Iowa State.

Counting past history though is like arguing that Harvard, Yale, and Army are major powers because they have multiple national championships.

OSU has spent a significant amount of the last 10 years in the rankings.

OU views them though like little brother. A game with much more potential downside for them than upside considering their relative standing with the fans in the state.

Zac Larrier, their QB came into the game with zero INTs on the season and zero lost fumbles. He threw two today as well as losing at least one fumble.

Big thing though, and probably responsible forcing them to do the things that led to the fumbles, was that Army did a very good job of stopping Air Force on first down leaving them in 2nds and 3rds and long.

I’ve been watching SC-Washington. Just as good of a game. And I think Fowler-Herbstreit is much better than Danielson-Nessler.

The AFA game was one the most non-Troy Calhoun games I’ve ever seen. A total cluster. And honestly, Army has been trash this year. Tip of the hat to them for showing up like they did. I’m sure our ex-Denver neighbor whose young son became a West Point cadet was going crazy. He used to fly the Black Knights flag every Saturday starting around 2014 when their son got to W.P. I was shoveling/moving a huge pile of landscape gravel off my driveway about 10 years earlier and the kid (about 6 or 7 then) shows up out of nowhere with a shovel and says “Can I help too?” So I let him and he did. Busted his butt, as much as he could, for over an hour. The world isn’t always as screwed up as it seems to be.

sort of agree. legit for most of the last decade pac 10. but USC/Riley loves a flash game in the 50's. I wouldn't bet Husky straight up against Michigan, OSU, Bama or UGA. today.

Agreed. They've been reslient but still have a lot to prove with Utah, @OSU, and the Apple Cup at home remaining. Plus, they'll likely have to play Oregon in Vegas assuming the Ducks keep winning.

I think Lincoln Riley has been exposed again. He is like the fancy show pony who fades in final turn as things get chippy. At some point in time you have to say that defense is important. Riley does a tremendous job with the offense and QBs but to be a great HC you need to realize all facets of the game are important.

Agreed. They've been reslient but still have a lot to prove with Utah, @OSU, and the Apple Cup at home remaining. Plus, they'll likely have to play Oregon in Vegas assuming the Ducks keep winning.

that is a lotta games against pretty good teams. funny how, said a million times so far ,how the pac got really interesting at the same time it folded.

prolly some life lesson there, Buddhists....something.

I think Lincoln Riley has been exposed again. He is like the fancy show pony who fades in final turn as things get chippy. At some point in time you have to say that defense is important. Riley does a tremendous job with the offense and QBs but to be a great HC you need to realize all facets of the game are important.
In other words a perfect match for USC.

The Huskies are legit.
sort of agree. legit for most of the last decade pac 10. but USC/Riley loves a flash game in the 50's. I wouldn't bet Husky straight up against Michigan, OSU, Bama or UGA. today.

They were impressive matching USC yesterday after a bad performance in the game before. Im 90% there that they make the CFP. But not 100% positive that they will. All their remaining games are winnable except a rematch with the Ducks in the CCG. That game makes me nervous. UWs defense gives me pause. I dont see them beating an SEC or B1G team. But it will be fun to watch It run out.

Zac Larrier, their QB came into the game with zero INTs on the season and zero lost fumbles. He threw two today as well as losing at least one fumble.

Big thing though, and probably responsible forcing them to do the things that led to the fumbles, was that Army did a very good job of stopping Air Force on first down leaving them in 2nds and 3rds and long.
No question. Army and Navy have an easier time prepping for AF than everybody else does because they know they're going to see that offense every year.

I thought Air Force's defense was caught off guard by Army's changes. I knew they were going away from the true triple option they ran previously, but I thought they were going throw more than they did.

AFA is fine-they're still in a spot where they'll be in the MWC title game, but they need Tulane to drop a game now.

No question. Army and Navy have an easier time prepping for AF than everybody else does because they know they're going to see that offense every year.

I thought Air Force's defense was caught off guard by Army's changes. I knew they were going away from the true triple option they ran previously, but I thought they were going throw more than they did.

AFA is fine-they're still in a spot where they'll be in the MWC title game, but they need Tulane to drop a game now.
The comandantes in the Air Force disagree

on the BBQ thing, as you move from west to east, from Texas to North Carolina......the acidity base to help tenderize the meat or sauce or whatever moves from tomato to vinegar. now, also, we live in an era of dry rubs....which is cool. but, BBQ anywhere is smoking meat for a long time at low heat.....not grilling. or just cooking outside.

I am a huge fan of all of it.

when I was a kid we had a meat smoker, low heat thing you soaked mesquite or apple or cherry or combo chips in a pan of water..... my dad hunted pheasant and quail and we had freezer in the garage full of that. and my mom made great ribs, lots of black pepper and she made her own sauce with tomato, apple butter (!) and a touch of vinegar. so that was awesome. walking home from school, you could smell that from blocks away....

that said: best BBQ i've had in a while, is Ray's in Norman Oklahoma.....Darrol Ray was a legit DB for OU and the NY Jets. got his own place in a old pizza hut, the classic old school architecture.....weird windows and top hat roof. he claims to being doing St. Louis style ribs and the chopped brisket is excellent too. falling apart tender. Ribs are so good, foolishness. don't care what style it is.....they are great.

fried okra is kinda so so, my only objection but minor.

my step dad, was an OU guy my mom remarried, really good dude.....he died cancer this summer. I was there for the hospice. If you ever in Norman, Ray's.

edit: I've lived in Norman in high school and Nashville, had a gf from Memphis, my sister lives in Durham NC.....she worked at SMU for a while in Dallas. I lived in southern New Mexico, lil time in El Paso....i've had some regional BBQ. like I say, we had that meat smoker, part of growing up.

Last edited:
Back