What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Other games weekend of 11/30-12/1

The PAC is so friggin average. I hope we can get somebody that can turn this around FAST.

Like others have suggested, this game needs to be moved to Las Vegas. I don't see another solution to getting attendance up for what is deserving of a conference championship game.
I still don't think it would sell out in Vegas. Especially if neither team is in the playoff hunt. There just aren't enough rabid fans in the west. I'm with @Darth Snow . Play it on campus.

That wasn't a QB problem.....

No, receiver needed to control that ball. Just ironic that the only pass in the game to result in a TD goes the wrong way.

And there have been enough other passes that were far enough off target that eventually a pick 6 was probably due.

I still don't think it would sell out in Vegas. Especially if neither team is in the playoff hunt. There just aren't enough rabid fans in the west. I'm with @Darth Snow . Play it on campus.

There are other conference championship games that don't sell out. A lot of the schools in the PAC would have a hard time coming close to a sell out on short notice.

Vegas though would get a lot more fans in seats. Some fans would buy in before they knew who was going to be playing just as an excuse to go to Vegas.

Vegas would have enough of a crowd to justify the game and it would be a good showcase for the league with it's sponsors.

LSU, Auburn & Mizzou are all tigers. Is that it? Just 3/14 is not so bad, I guess. And the the SEC region is famous for its indigenous tiger population, so it's all good.
Then you got Clemson...which is real close.

Wow, what great DB skills, cutting the route, holding the WR off, looking back (miracle for a Buff), and making the Interception! Well coached DB's

No one at the championship game. Conference is an afterthought. Playing the game at Levis stadium at 5pm on a Friday night is a horrible decision.
But but but...non competition for viewership. Win, right?

Conference championship games hosted on campus aren't neutral unless it's rotated in some schedule which doesn't guarantee a neutral site and it sure wouldn't be much better from an attendance standpoint. I'm not a huge Las Vegas fan, but there's a lot to do there even if your not into the tables.

Conference championship games hosted on campus aren't neutral unless it's rotated in some schedule which doesn't guarantee a neutral site and it sure wouldn't be much better from an attendance standpoint. I'm not a huge Las Vegas fan, but there's a lot to do there even if your not into the tables.
**** neutral, I want fun

The game is as compelling as I thought it would be, this is horrible.

**** the PAC 12. Maction all the way!!

While UDub and the Utes are struggling to score points in a terrifically boring game ... Northern Illinois came back from a 29-10 early 3rd quarter deficit to Buffalo to win 30-29. Just sayin'.

And there were at least two are three players in that game that will be playing on Sundays.

Vegas would be better than any other option, and the stadium authority is already mentioning the PAC12 Championship game, so whenever San Fran expires, it will move there. I think it will get a decent crowd since it will fill up a relatively quiet weekend on the sports and entertainment calendar in Vegas, especially if they can avoid having a Raider game that weekend, or maybe have a Raider Game on Sunday, and a larger football crowd would be in town?

Anyone catch those ball contol stats? UW is beating Utah big time when it comes to the number of plays? Who said offense isn't important?

Who said it has to be neutral? It wasn't the first three years. Stanford can't even draw a crowd for a CCG, but other schools would at least come close to sellouts and have a good atmosphere.

YearNorth DivisionScoreSouth DivisionScoreSiteDateAttendanceMVPRef.
20118 Oregon Ducks49UCLA Bruins31Autzen Stadium • Eugene, ORDecember 259,376RB LaMichael James, Oregon[9]
20128 Stanford Cardinal2717 UCLA Bruins24Stanford Stadium • Stanford, CANovember 3031,622QB Kevin Hogan, Stanford[10]
20137 Stanford Cardinal3811 Arizona State Sun Devils14Sun Devil Stadium • Tempe, AZDecember 769,535RB Tyler Gaffney, Stanford[11]
20143 Oregon Ducks518 Arizona Wildcats13Levi's Stadium • Santa Clara, CADecember 545,618QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon[12]
20157 Stanford Cardinal4124 USC Trojans22Levi's Stadium • Santa Clara, CADecember 558,476RB Christian McCaffrey, Stanford[13]
20164 Washington Huskies419 Colorado Buffaloes10Levi's Stadium • Santa Clara, CADecember 247,118DB Taylor Rapp, Washington[14]
201714 Stanford Cardinal2811 USC Trojans31Levi's Stadium • Santa Clara, CADecember 148,031QB Sam Darnold, USC[15]
201810 Washington Huskies-17 Utah Utes-Levi's Stadium • Santa Clara, CANovember 30--[16]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I don't hate the Vegas idea. It'd be much, much better than Santa Clara. I just think Vegas would still be a pretty dead atmosphere with lots of empty seats in years like this when there are two 9-3 teams.

Back