What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for RMS

Man - this is going to be the most sparsely attended game yet
yup. less than 50 for sure. Hope we at least double up on students (normally have an allotment of 9k, we got 14k for this year, we will be lucky to get 10k)

I wonder how active the scalpers will be.

Last year, I decided to go the game at the last minute and was able to buy 2 tickets right before kickoff for $25.00

Now CSU's low attendance is due to our TV deal moving the game to Saturday which means a beer tour (New Belgium, Tour de Fat) will still be going on

My brother and his friends chose Tour de Fat over attending the game (which they usually do)....if I were a CSU fan I probably wouldn't blame them :smile2:

Ah so aparently being on the MWC 1st or 2nd team is the same as being on the Pac 12 1st or 2nd team...

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Subject: Would you be a doll and list CUs 1st and 2nd team Pac12 players...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Posted by: State on Thu Aug 30 2012 10:57:37 AM[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Message:i see 1 person

so STFU

[/FONT]

Ah so aparently being on the MWC 1st or 2nd team is the same as being on the Pac 12 1st or 2nd team...

Subject: Would you be a doll and list CUs 1st and 2nd team Pac12 players...
Posted by: State on Thu Aug 30 2012 10:57:37 AM

so STFU

It's been acknowledged that they have gone full retard over there at this point. I would not even bother trying to visit that site until after the Buffs have won again.

Ramnation apparently thinks they sold out their student tix this afternoon..... which would be about a 6k turnaround

We have been saying this and hoping it comes true for how long now?

Not really blasting, but not not the real nail biters of the late 90's/early 00's. We have won by an average of two TD's a game the last 5. If I were an outsider looking at the scores since 2008, I would say that CU wins comfortably most of the time.

Ramnation apparently thinks they sold out their student tix this afternoon..... which would be about a 6k turnaround

Maybe Papa Jack bought them and intends to distribute for free. The only plausible explanation.

school may have just given them out in freshmen classes or something.

If so, I'm sure the students that paid full price at the beginning will let the AD know about it.

Come to think of it, didn't the extended time frame for the ticket sales end last night?

Last edited:
With the stadium proposal and their intentions to significantly increase athletic funding and exposure they can't afford to be explaining another decline in already pathetic attendance at the event that is their most important of the year.

It would be surprising if Cap'n Jack and his friends didn't figure out a way to sell enough tickets to make it look like they at least matched last years sales, even if they had to pay for them themselves. If they turn into empty seats it still lets them argue that sales weren't declining again.

Jesus Christ! Are you kidding me? The entire CU Fan base wanted to keep this game on campus (that means Hughes)! 100%, lockstep. Our AD fought to keep it on our campuses. CSU wasn't making enough money there. They wanted to get it off campus. They lobbied with the Governor and State Legislature.

This is ridiculous! We.wanted.the.game.at.Hughes.you.stupid.****ing.****s! ****!!!

At some point it became an article of faith with Lambfan that CU is responsible for the game in Denver and taking the games off campus, and that CU is fighting tooth and nail against CSU's efforts to get the game back on campus.

Utterly delusional.... :rolling_eyes:

They gave away the tickets, but there's no way there will be 10k goat "students" there. Not a chance. Maybe 5k if they're lucky.

At some point it became an article of faith with Lambfan that CU is responsible for the game in Denver and taking the games off campus, and that CU is fighting tooth and nail against CSU's efforts to get the game back on campus.

Utterly delusional.... :rolling_eyes:

See bolded, rest not neccessary because it can be assumed.

They gave away the tickets, but there's no way there will be 10k goat "students" there. Not a chance. Maybe 5k if they're lucky.

I'm not so sure. I think this was an erroneous rumor. There has been no confirmation since one guy on lambnation said that it was sold out based on what he had heard. No way 5-6k were distributed today. That would mean they increased their total student ticket "sales" by 200% in a single day. My money is on this rumor being bull****.

I'm not so sure. I think this was an erroneous rumor. There has been no confirmation since one guy on lambnation said that it was sold out based on what he had heard. No way 5-6k were distributed today. That would mean they increased their total student ticket "sales" by 200% in a single day. My money is on this rumor being bull****.

True, haven't seen any confirmation other than goats making rumors either. So, basically, my prediction of 5k goat "students" (all of them with the age old lie of "b-b-but I could have gone to CU, I just loved CSU more!") will prove an accurate amount!

I love how every article mentions we both aren't doing well on the field leading to low attendance figures.... despite us nearly selling out our allotment

It's awfully quiet around here - where's all the CSEwe smack? Gasm and IHCU get beaten with the ban stick?

It's awfully quiet around here - where's all the CSEwe smack? Gasm and IHCU get beaten with the ban stick?

Entirely feasible.

Also sense from a lot of the CSU fans I work with that they are more in hoping for a miracle mode than believing that winning is realistic. They can conduct their giant (well giant from a CSU perspective, they don't have enough fans for a real giant one) circle jerk on their own board where they don't have to face the embarrasment after losing by a big margin.

Talked to a csu fan this morning he thinks csu can win if Webb turns it over and csu gets the run game going ( I agree) but he admitted CU probably wins. I told him sparkles reminds me of hawk and he didn't like that statement much.

I think we win big. Feel really confident right now.

I'm thinking the heat will be an advantage for us as well. CSU has so really good players that I would like on the buffs but they only have a few and behind those players are div 2 players. Not to say our depth is great but it is a hell of a lot better than the rams depth.

Back