What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

Didn't catch any of it....but part of me thinks that the standards got too high ever since Barnett and that was the reason for our decline even more so than coaching. But then I read the article on how Bill Snyder built and then rebuilt his program and I have second doubts:

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/20...tball-coaches-programs-bob-stoops-bill-snyder

I also wonder about all the weird grey shirting that is going on.

What's wrong with grayshirting? I actually think most OL should grayshirt. Watanabe had a bad injury, why would you want to start his eligibility clock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't catch any of it....but part of me thinks that the standards got too high ever since Barnett and that was the reason for our decline even more so than coaching. But then I read the article on how Bill Snyder built and then rebuilt his program and I have second doubts:

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/20...tball-coaches-programs-bob-stoops-bill-snyder

I also wonder about all the weird grey shirting that is going on.

Weird???? Greyshirting is a brilliant strategy to prevent burning up a year of eligibility or a RS, yet allow a kid time to recover from illness or injury, make better grades or just mature by getting older and physically bigger. Then he can come in for spring ball as a FR and have a full intro to the system before fall camp. Nothing could be better for some kids.: Gillam, McCartney, Lisella.....its worked well.

What's wrong with grayshirting? I actually think most OL should grayshirt. Watanabe had a bad injury, why would you want to start his eligibility clock?

^^This^^

The kids we have been greyshirting haven't been because of academics. You have kids like Watanabe and Miller who had injuries to recover from. Delay entry by a semester and you add the flexibility of them getting extra time to recover plus they get an extra spring training to receive S&C work and still have a RS year available. Miller, Lisella, and McCartney were all guys who were not going to play first year anyways due to body development. Again add a year of growth without burning the RS.

Admission standards are not an issue.
Are not or never were? I think Dempsey's take is "never were." I have no opinion, really. I prefer to bring in academically sound kids but don't mind bringing in the "at risk" kid every so often.

Are not or never were? I think Dempsey's take is "never were." I have no opinion, really. I prefer to bring in academically sound kids but don't mind bringing in the "at risk" kid every so often.

We definitely ran into admissions standards issues in the past. Nebraska often allowed partial qualifier kids that CU and many other schools wouldn't allow. When the Big 12 formed, Texas was able to get enough schools to agree that partial qualifiers were no longer allowed in the conference. Probably the only good thing Texas ever has done. The Nubs **** bricks and TO rode off into the sunset.

Rams fans returning to Ft. Collins after another loss.

hillbilly-hot-date-sheep-motorcycle.jpg

Don't get me wrong...if it helps it is alright by me. I just see a lot more of it with MM.

Don't get me wrong...if it helps it is alright by me. I just see a lot more of it with MM.

Compared to whom? MM has a couple in each of the last two classes. Prior coaches had a couple in each of their classes.

Just admit you weren't paying attention.........and we'll forgive you.......maybe.

Trying to study the CSU depth chart, which can be found here (don't know how official it is):

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/colorado-state/90360

I can see the injury problems that go deep into right tackle...even w/o injuries the right side of the line seems very undersized.

The DL is undersized as well which is not what I recalled. Cory James is listed as a starting end, when I thought of him as LB. He is apparently injured and might not be cleared in time for the game.

McElwain strikes me as one who isn't afraid to lie or stretch the truth about some injuries. He seems like one of those guys that likes a little deception.

In Denver visiting friends this weekend. Saw no ads for the game. I would usually see billboards and whatnot on years past.

Attendance is going to be abysmal.

In Denver visiting friends this weekend. Saw no ads for the game. I would usually see billboards and whatnot on years past.

Attendance is going to be abysmal.

Lack of marketing might be intentional on CU's side

[tweet]503939743688974337[/tweet]
No tyler henington. uhoh...

[tweet]503942681710837762[/tweet]

Officially 24 starts lost to injury so far this year (Bell and Henington). Not one snap of football played yet. Really hurts losing Henington. Starting a true soph and a RS frosh at DE. Not a single upperclassman on the depth chart for DE. Hell, not a single RS sophomore on the damn depth chart.

Last edited:
Lindsay running 4th. Hmmmmm. I thought he was having a great camp. I wonder if this is one of those deals where there really isn't a difference between #2 & #5.

Looks like Keeney is redshirting
Didn't even list Center there. Guess we won't see a lot of two TE sets this year (nor should we..)

Lindsay running 4th. Hmmmmm. I thought he was having a great camp. I wonder if this is one of those deals where there really isn't a difference between #1 & #4.
fify. There will be a big difference between #4 and #5. I think the 4 will whittle down to 3 though.

Lindsay running 4th. Hmmmmm. I thought he was having a great camp. I wonder if this is one of those deals where there really isn't a difference between #2 & #5.
Don't think there's a big difference between 1 and 4

Gotta think it's a good sign for RB depth. He's in the mix at Kick Returner so they're trying to get him on the field.

Awuzie starting at FS.

Gotta think it's a good sign for RB depth. He's in the mix at Kick Returner so they're trying to get him on the field.

Awuzie starting at FS.
Awuzie is also nickel #1... looks like Terror will come in at S when we go to nickel.

Awuzie starting at FS.
MacIntyre really doesn't want Chido to come off the field, dude makes plays and is also the starter at NB

Who is CU's most dangerous player on O and D? Who should I be looking out for?
Easy. O: Spruce. D: Gillam. Keep an eye out for Philip Lindsay and Shay fields on O and Chidobe Awuzie on D. Playmakers.

As for someone you should really fear.. Josh Tupou

Back