What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

DE is now our weakest spot by a landslide. We can't even afford a hangnail there until at least Reid comes back in a month (or so). The situation throws off any hope of redshirting some of the new guys. Dammit!

Man all that talent that Embo brought in on the DL and almost none of it stuck. Left us in a bad, bad position.

I like the strategy of running 12 starters out there on offense, that's the type of offensive innovation we've been missing for years.

Does Daysean Rippy see the field this year?

Yes, but sparingly... Greer and Tu'umalo will take 95% of the snaps unless there is an injury... our LB depth is scary thin both inside and outside.. Please no injuries this year.

MacIntyre made a couple questionable decisions in the last class as well.

The would be now RS-Sophomores or Juniors that are no longer with the program are what have killed us. Not the true sophomore/RS Freshman that would have been here.

Got to say, makes me think the last 3 games of the season will tell us more about HCMM than the first three games of the season. So much youth on the edges... how those guys come along this year (or don't ) will tell us a lot.

Got to say, makes me think the last 3 games of the season will tell us more about HCMM than the first three games of the season. So much youth on the edges... how those guys come along this year (or don't ) will tell us a lot.
I found it difficult last year to see progress, mostly I think because we were so below the level of our competition.

We have major issues going forward if the young guys do not show potential. MacIntyre went all-in with those guys basically.

Can't have enough athletic LBs on special teams. Rippy should see the field at the very least in that area.

Bad news for TH. Hope he can heal that and use his redshirt year to get his body exactly how the staff wants it for the DE position.

Seriously?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm talking about improvement during the year, not year over year. We may have improved, but I didn't see a great deal of improvement during the year. Probably more a comment on my ability to see it than it being there.

Last edited:
Easy. O: Spruce. D: Gillam. Keep an eye out for Philip Lindsay and Shay fields on O and Chidobe Awuzie on D. Playmakers.

As for someone you should really fear.. Josh Tupou
Thanks. I'm curious to see how Spruce plays without PRich. I imagine the CSU secondary will make him look like a star.

Thanks. I'm curious to see how Spruce plays without PRich. I imagine the CSU secondary will make him look like a star.
If they play him like they played him last year, they will. I think Spruce's production (7-10 catches, ~ 100 yards) is a near guarantee. What will be the game breaker is whether the attention paid to spruce allows the rest of the WR's to bust out for big gains.

Same questions to you btw.

The CSU line and RB situation is such a mess that I can't even comment on it. I'd say the most dangerous player for the CSU offense is WR Rashard Higgins. He had 68/837/6 last year as a true freshman and seems to be gifted athletically, more so than what CSU has had at receiver in recent years. He had some butterfingers early in the season but got better along the way. He is going to need to find a way to get loose if CSU hopes to have a chance at winning. He also has awesome hair.

For defense I'd say junior OLB Cory James, although this one is tough. I have a hard time picking out anyone dangerous on the defense before seeing them play. James has been CSU's best or second best pass rusher the past two seasons and is going to have to be even better this season if CSU is to be competitive. He has shown glimpses of being good but that's it. The rest of the defense is either meh or completely untested. I am very curious to see if the secondary can be any better than horrendous like the past few years.

James plays the same position as Shaq Barrett did before? Trying to figure out if they are going to try and replaces Shaq's production with James.

Good info on Higgins - that is a great line.

What does it say about the LB transfer being named the #1 RB? Is Dee Hart #2 because he's hurt or because this other guy has impressed?

James plays the same position as Shaq Barrett did before? Trying to figure out if they are going to try and replaces Shaq's production with James.

Good info on Higgins - that is a great line.
I believe they were on opposite sides last year. James had 7.5 sacks as a freshman, including 3 against CU, but only ended last season with 8 sacks. I think he got more attention last year after a decent freshman season, opening up more room for Shaq. I will be interested to see exactly how they use him this year.

What does it say about the LB transfer being named the #1 RB? Is Dee Hart #2 because he's hurt or because this other guy has impressed?
I don't have high expectations for Hart so I think it's due to lack of overall talent at the position, but I haven't seen him live. That's just based on his history of injuries and the fact that Alabama was willing to let him walk. I question whether he has anything left, and he's a lot smaller than I would have expected for a former Alabama RB. I think/hope Oden can be serviceable, he played RB in high school apparently, and I thought he looked decent in the spring game. I don't expect it to be a position with tons of talent. CSU will certainly want to and maybe need to run to open up some passing room but this team will only go as far as QB Grayson takes it. He will be the most important player for the offense.

This would be a great game for our offense to run some up tempo stuff. The depth and quality in the secondary and D line has got to be a concern for the rammies.

Cory James I don't think will be completely healthy with that knee scope. They say he's 100%, but he is not.

The CSU line and RB situation is such a mess that I can't even comment on it. I'd say the most dangerous player for the CSU offense is WR Rashard Higgins. He had 68/837/6 last year as a true freshman and seems to be gifted athletically, more so than what CSU has had at receiver in recent years. He had some butterfingers early in the season but got better along the way. He is going to need to find a way to get loose if CSU hopes to have a chance at winning.

They are unproven, but the QB situation is the best it's been since BVP was playing.

. "Player by player, I feel like this program not only matches up to them, but in a lot of positions are better than CU player by player," senior tight end Kivon Cartwright said. "I just remember the game when CSU went to Boulder to play (2009), and at the time I was getting recruited by both schools, and when CSU went down to Boulder to play, it wasn't an upset at all. We just physically dominated them.

From the coaches on down, CSU is 100% confident in winning this game.

From the coaches on down, CSU is 100% confident in winning this game.

Time to shatter that illusion.

We need to not only win but we need to start winning these games big enough the they lose any reasonable hope. If we are going to continue the series we need to put it into a position where CSU just wants to survive more than dream of winning.

Back