What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

Second bold: Having mastered the intricacies of the usages of 'then' vs. 'than', I find it ironic to be called into question with respect to my reading comprehension.

Don't forget the "you're" and "your" in his/her post (first sentence). I, too, digress.

Durwardram;1627528 Regarding your historically and ass kicking comments - Comprehension is not buff fans strong suit said:
I admit to losing 21 times - ever.

I admit to CU shutting out CSU 21 times - that means CSU scored 0 points.

Regarding Grayson, while we feel pretty good about him at this point - what other alternative do we have - I readily acknowledge that he hasn't been dominant. He is going to have to shoulder more of our offensive load this year if CSU is to be any good. Not sure if he's up to that, but keeping my fingers crossed.

This game comes down to whether we can respond to what will surely be a very physical CSU team. We'll find out a lot about Coach Mac based on how we come out and whether we can match or exceed CSU's physicality. On paper we should beat CSU. But, we should beat them on paper every year and still get snake bitten once every 4-5 years.

Regarding Grayson, while we feel pretty good about him at this point - what other alternative do we have - I readily acknowledge that he hasn't been dominant. He is going to have to shoulder more of our offensive load this year if CSU is to be any good. Not sure if he's up to that, but keeping my fingers crossed.

Hey ramfan, did you guys ever get any news on where Conner Smith transferred? I think he has big potential.

This game comes down to whether we can respond to what will surely be a very physical CSU team. We'll find out a lot about Coach Mac based on how we come out and whether we can match or exceed CSU's physicality. On paper we should beat CSU. But, we should beat them on paper every year and still get snake bitten once every 4-5 years.
We will be physical to, it works both ways

I remember a year ago that a very brash Jim McElwain was over-confident and practically guaranteeing that his Rams would upset a discombobulated Buffalo team and first year coach Mike MacIntyre.

If ever was a time CSU had a chance to curb-stomp the Buffs, it was last year.

But a funny thing happened on the way to the forth quarter. CU played a solid and disciplined game. The Rams were exposed, despite their seasoned OL. If it weren't for special teams gaffs, the Buffs would have demolished the Rams.

It was at that point that MacIntyre gained a lot of credibility with Buffs fans. McElwain gained a lot of egg on his face. His sideline pouts were priceless.

I gotta go with MacIntyre on this one. I'm just not sold on McElwain's ability to build something special given his temperament and the limited resources and environment in which he exists.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember a year ago that a very brash Jim McElwain was over-confident and practically guaranteeing that his Rams would upset a discombobulated Buffalo team and first year coach Mike MacIntyre.

If ever was a time CSU had a chance to curb-stomp the Buffs, it was last year.

But a funny thing happened on the way to the forth quarter. CU played a solid and disci
What's a "disci?" More specifically, what is a "solid and disci?"

This years game, Grayson is better then your giving him credit, his confidence grew throughout the year and the run game was opened up by the passing game not vice versa. As far as our O-line, only time will tell. They'll probably need time to gel therefore this game does scare me a bit from that standpoint. Other then that we have what we need to win.

Regarding your historically and ass kicking comments - Comprehension is not buff fans strong suit, my point is you hate losing to us and you do lose to us, more then you admit and more then you can stand (which I do like), reading the posts here would make one think you dominate every year.

That being said, the Rams do not win nearly as much as I'd like to see and giving you games is so frustrating (see 2004 and 5) especially considering the down years we both had. We'll try and catch up a little this year.

a-mmscr-p-l.jpg
Wear it with pride, buckaroo.

Huh? Any evidence to back your assumption?

We beat them 67-0 :lol:

I don't think there's any "we" when we're talking about a game from 1894. :lol:

Most telling thing for me in that link was just how high CU's all-time ranks are among the current D1 football programs. Amazing, when we're still so high despite going through a rough patch during an era with more games per season to pad the win totals and so many bowl games that any team that goes .500 gets to play in one.

I don't think there's any "we" when we're talking about a game from 1894. :lol:

Most telling thing for me in that link was just how high CU's all-time ranks are among the current D1 football programs. Amazing, when we're still so high despite going through a rough patch during an era with more games per season to pad the win totals and so many bowl games that any team that goes .500 gets to play in one.

Go back a decade, and UF is very far behind us.

Yes, because what is posted on the internet directly impacts the game.

"Co-arch McSparkles, co-arch McSparkles, they's postin' green and gold participation ribbons on the innernets! I know you guys will work double hard to beat the Buffs now!"

Seems totally legit.

I feverishly anticipate full credit at the post-game press conference. Maybe your boy 80's can make a flier for the lockerroom.

Last edited:
Back