What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

How is it that we can guide a buffalo around the field with 5 guys and they need 6 to control a flippin sheep.

Easy now. That sheep is ornery after being picked, poked and prodded by the Fibers majors all week.

Easy now. That sheep is ornery after being picked, poked and prodded by the Fibers majors all week.

True, and if you knew those guys like the sheep knows those guys you'd run for all you're worth as well.

Just looked at my tix. Row 40something on the 40 yard line. Section 106. :thumbsup:

If we HAD to play CSU every year this is how I would do it. To get CU some national air time we could play them as the first game of the football season every year. It would be a national event, CU-CSU game to kick off the season. It would suck when we lost, but winning that game 80% of the time will put CU in the minds of every recruit in the nation.

If we HAD to play CSU every year this is how I would do it. To get CU some national air time we could play them as the first game of the football season every year. It would be a national event, CU-CSU game to kick off the season. It would suck when we lost, but winning that game 80% of the time will put CU in the minds of every recruit in the nation.
You're forgetting the fact that no one other than CU and CSU fans give a flying **** about this game. Would you be interested in a Marshall/West Virginia game?

You're forgetting the fact that no one other than CU and CSU fans give a flying **** about this game. Would you be interested in a Marshall/West Virginia game?

Agreed. First college football games were last week. I don't think Arizona Christian got a big recruiting boost from playing early. First week of the season fans care about Top 25 match-ups (or power conference match-ups) and the RMS hasn't come close to that in a long time (or never was that in the first place).

One of my issues with this game has always been that, well usually, it is our first game of the season. I've always felt that kind of levels the playing field a bit which usually favors the rammies.

as I was getting ready for work this morning, I was smiling and thinking "tomorrow I'm attending a college football game". life is good!

[video=youtube;G4spJxTCtS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4spJxTCtS4[/video]

as I was getting ready for work this morning, I was smiling and thinking "tomorrow I'm attending a college football game". life is good!

[video=youtube;ZI63g64kDgY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZI63g64kDgY[/video]

One of my issues with this game has always been that, well usually, it is our first game of the season. I've always felt that kind of levels the playing field a bit which usually favors the rammies.

Making exCUses pregame, I like it.

Making exCUses pregame, I like it.
That is just exceptionally clever - did someone pat you on the head when you came up with that? When you have nothing to go on, play cute word games. But doesn't this go against the other favorite thing ram fans do, the UCB thing?

Weird stuff happens in openers. Ideally, you want to either be playing a total cupcake in week1 or taking your shot at an upset.

I think the series record of the RMS is much more slanted to CU than the 75% win norm when the game isn't in week1.

On a positive note, I do think that it being the opener adds a little bit of motivation to fall camp.

If it was a "classic" I believe more people would start watching it. If we could get on ESPN (not U or 2) I would be ok with the game. And yes I do enjoy the Marshall/WVU game. Thats a classic rivalry.

If it was a "classic" I believe more people would start watching it. If we could get on ESPN (not U or 2) I would be ok with the game. And yes I do enjoy the Marshall/WVU game. Thats a classic rivalry.

There needs to be a market for ESPN to pick it up. ESPN simply is not going to pick this game up over Alabama games against VT, there's just not enough money to warrant it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah openers are unpredictable but it is what it is. I'm not seeing anyone making excuses here, I guarantee you our guys are very ready to go.

There needs to be a market for ESPN to pick it up. ESPN simply is not going to pick this game up over Alabama games against VT, there's just not enough money to warrant it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not talking about us playing opening weekend. I'm saying that we are the First game of the the entire football season. Not the Chick-fil-a kick off but a smaller one. We would play on a Wednesday.

That is just exceptionally clever - did someone pat you on the head when you came up with that? When you have nothing to go on, play cute word games. But doesn't this go against the other favorite thing ram fans do, the UCB thing?

I think we do the (UCB) or cub thing, no capitals and computer changes it to cub (which I like). We're just trying to keep it a little classier then goat ****ers, or even CSewe , sheep, lammies and whatever else you guys can come up with.

I think we do the (UCB) or cub thing, no capitals and computer changes it to cub (which I like). We're just trying to keep it a little classier then goat ****ers, or even CSewe , sheep, lammies and whatever else you guys can come up with.
That's considered classy? You goat ****ers are really ****ty at being classy. Now, nebraska fans, THEY knew how to pretend to be classy.

That's considered classy? You goat ****ers are really ****ty at being classy. Now, nebraska fans, THEY knew how to pretend to be classy.

TrueDat.jpg

Yup you all are classy over there on Lambnation

[h=1]Hey all you Boulder-dwelling, bong-sucking, tie-dye wearing, , ...[/h]
granola-crunching, PETA-donating, Subaru-driving, Occupy-sympathizing, Birkenstock-cruising, sliver-spoon-snorting, buff-humping, Polis-voting, daddy's-credit-card-using, hooka-puffing, lipo-sucking, substandard-education-getting, Nader-worshiping, unjustified-condescending, nose-picking, vegan-eating, huff-post-reading, Phish-following, acid-dropping, worthless-degree-getting, head-shop-frequenting, 420-participating, Ralphie-sniffing, dirtbags.

Go pound sand. See you on Friday crying in your absinthe as we're kicking your arses.

Yup you all are classy over there on Lambnation

I always laugh when they go on about pot-smoking and drug use. When I was in school between 2002 and 2006, FoCo was the place to go for the best weed, and the reputation up there was much more serious regarding drug use.

Why'd they have to bring absinthe into this? He's one of the good ones!
I really want to know what's wrong with hookas, acid, and weed, and why didn't that guy use a - in dirt-bags? He was doing great before that!

Also, anybody who talks **** about subarus better not be supporting a Colorado school. It's a statewide problem. That guy should have stuck with the audi joke.

Back