What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pregame Thread - CU vs CSU at Mile High

I was annoyed driving in because they were talking about how CU has to win to get facilities to compete in the P12... I truly don't think they realize that there is a massive facilities upgrade going on.

Anyways, it is the same story as every year, with a slightly more negative spin on the series overall... but as usual, CU is the bad guy and CSU is the golden child.

I am so tired of the discussion and the prognostication. It is time for football damnit. I am going to be watching these videos on repeat the rest of the week.

[video=vimeo;73828626]http://vimeo.com/73828626[/video]

[video=vimeo;104228612]http://vimeo.com/104228612[/video]

[video=vimeo;55472286]http://vimeo.com/55472286[/video]

and these

[video=vimeo;71545031]http://vimeo.com/71545031[/video]

[video=youtube;WcDgVvPKzvI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcDgVvPKzvI[/video]

[video=youtube;5Nt6HjqtJt8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Nt6HjqtJt8[/video]

It's apparently CU v CSU day on the fan, so I'm listening. It's really annoying that so many CU fans are feeding the trolls right now. Quite embarrassing. Vic is begging for someone to feed him something positive, but his cohost is just announcing every stupid, idiotic text he's getting. Ugh.

I started streaming it after I read your post because apparently I hate myself. That was awful. They sat there acting like Van Pelt was a Heisman winner and bagging on HCMM b/c he called in too late to go on air. Direct quote. "What could he have been doing for the last five minutes that would help his team prepare? Nothing helped when they went 1-9 in Pac-12 play last year."

Then right back to how BVP was the greatest thing to ever happen to the RMS. Gross.

I started streaming it after I read your post because apparently I hate myself. That was awful. They sat there acting like Van Pelt was a Heisman winner and bagging on HCMM b/c he called in too late to go on air. Direct quote. "What could he have been doing for the last five minutes that would help his team prepare? Nothing helped when they went 1-9 in Pac-12 play last year."

Then right back to how BVP was the greatest thing to ever happen to the RMS. Gross.
Really glad I got busy at work and muted it. Basically HCMM was the only reason I had been sticking it out. Oh well, Sparkles stood up Big al and DMac last night. Not late, just didn't call in :lol:

for at least the next decade CU is set to reap big dollars from PAC 12 conference membership. You can pretend that won't make a difference but it won't make it true. CSU will survive on a shoestring with lightly attended home games.
Definitely, I think it makes a difference. The money, the resources, the prestige of the conference, etc all help recruit players CSU can't get. Regardless, that hasn't translated into overwhelming success in this game lately. It might in the future. I think the bigger thing at play here is whether these changes, and the ones still to come to the CFB landscape, basically relegate CSU to FCS. If that were to happen the quality of the program would be greatly diminished and any headway CSU is making here would be for nothing. An upswing to CU and a downswing for CSU would lead to some ugly games in a hurry.

Really glad I got busy at work and muted it. Basically HCMM was the only reason I had been sticking it out. Oh well, Sparkles stood up Big al and DMac last night. Not late, just didn't call in :lol:

Well yeah, but I heard it was because he was rescuing GGrayson who was drowning in a pool. Poor Sparkles even hurt his feet during the rescue.

That would be a huge blow. Even if he does suit up I wouldn't expect him to be effective - like Nwoke from a few years ago when he was questionable with an ankle leading up to the game and then basically didn't even play.

Jesus Christ, Rammies really are something else. This was posted on Ramnation...

[h=1]"It might actually be more beneficial[/h]
To both CU & CSU to have CSU win this year. Let's be honest here... CU is not going to a bowl game this year so the best way to elevate college football in the state as a whole as well as elevate the rivalry, is for CSU to end up ranked in the Top 25 this year or at least go to a reputable bowl game. That would elevate the CSU program and thus give a shot in the arm to football in Colorado. Once people are looking at CSU the CU fans will want to knock us off our pedistool and will rally in support of CU to be competitive with CSU. If CU wins and then doesn't go to a bowl game, but CSU loses and just goes to the New Mexico Bowl or something similar again then college football in Colorado won't be much better off next year then it is today, other then CSU able to say we have back to back bowl games. Giving CSU the shot in arm could propel CFB in Colorado 50% of the way up the ladder that it needs and it is much harder for us to get that jolt after the fact then it is now."

Jesus Christ, Rammies really are something else. This was posted on Ramnation...

"It might actually be more beneficial

To both CU & CSU to have CSU win this year. Let's be honest here... CU is not going to a bowl game this year so the best way to elevate college football in the state as a whole as well as elevate the rivalry, is for CSU to end up ranked in the Top 25 this year or at least go to a reputable bowl game. That would elevate the CSU program and thus give a shot in the arm to football in Colorado. Once people are looking at CSU the CU fans will want to knock us off our pedistool and will rally in support of CU to be competitive with CSU. If CU wins and then doesn't go to a bowl game, but CSU loses and just goes to the New Mexico Bowl or something similar again then college football in Colorado won't be much better off next year then it is today, other then CSU able to say we have back to back bowl games. Giving CSU the shot in arm could propel CFB in Colorado 50% of the way up the ladder that it needs and it is much harder for us to get that jolt after the fact then it is now."
They can stay on their pedistool all the want as long as they keep it up north.

"It might actually be more beneficial

Wow. Were do you start on something like that.

Ped-i-stoolˈ
/pedi/sto͞ol/
noun
1. a seat without a back or arms, typically resting on three or four legs or on a single pedestal, for one's feet and/or toenails.
2. a piece of feces emanating from the feet or toenails.

I have found an example of a pedibench, but I cannot seem to find a pedistool. Though that might not be a bad thing if I understand the internet correctly.

pedi-bench.jpg

This guy is on to something, I mean football didn't really take off in places like Ohio, Wisconsin, Georgia, Louisiana, or Texas until the non-BCS schools started having success. Nobody cared about football in Texas until TCU got good and now look at them.

Hopefully Mac has his players ready to do what they need to do for the betterment of football in the state of Colorado.

He meant pedo-stool:

hansenlol.jpg

Back