What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prioritize your staff changes for 2022

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
1. Offensive Coordinator
2. OL Coach
----------------
3. QB and/or WR Coach - driven by what position the new OC coaches

I'd like to go beyond this, but those are my changes that are absolutely essential if we're going to have reason to have any hope next year.

the only real fix is KD somehow hires some next level OC with a unique offense we can ride for a season or two until he inevitably gets hired away. A Chip Kelly when Oregon hired him as OC type

KD can't recruit for ****

KD thought Sled was a legit coach

there's no way this doesn't end in disaster, but that type of OC could shield KD from his own ineptitude for a bit

Of the realistic options (because KD and RG aren’t going anywhere), it has to start with Chev. I don’t care if every other staff member is replaced, if Chev still has a job here next season then expectations for this program are zero.

Throw $1.5+ at the best OC we can find - the job should carry some appeal because it wouldn’t take much at all to improve this offense from 130th in the country. Treat it like an audition for the HC job if a change needs to be made. I’d love Tom Herman in that role if he doesn’t land another HC job but I realize that would be a loooooong shot.

1. OC
2. OL
3. ILb

I actually think the QB coach has done a reasonable decent coaching job. Lewis confidence and accuracy has improved. Lewis throws a beautiful deep ball when he has time ro throw the ball. Hoeefully Wilson returns, but he mnight want to go back to the NFL.

Of the realistic options (because KD and RG aren’t going anywhere), it has to start with Chev. I don’t care if every other staff member is replaced, if Chev still has a job here next season then expectations for this program are zero.

Throw $1.5+ at the best OC we can find - the job should carry some appeal because it wouldn’t take much at all to improve this offense from 130th in the country. Treat it like an audition for the HC job if a change needs to be made. I’d love Tom Herman in that role if he doesn’t land another HC job but I realize that would be a loooooong shot.

Herman was owed monthly payments in the deal he signed with Texas in 2016 that would have ended next month with one big lump sum. I wonder if that changed in the new deal he got a couple years back.

Think he might be open to coordinator opportunities-Washington's the job I've heard his name connected to the most...but I wonder about the role Chris Petersen's playing in that search. If I'm UW, I don't know if I want him that involved given the disaster that Jimmy Lake was.

Last edited:
1. OC
2. OL
3. ILb

I actually think the QB coach has done a reasonable decent coaching job. Lewis confidence and accuracy has improved. Lewis throws a beautiful deep ball when he has time ro throw the ball. Hoeefully Wilson returns, but he mnight want to go back to the NFL.
One of your greatest posts ever

It will take time to rebuild the prograam. It can't be done with magic dust overnight. Will give KD atleast one more season to turn things arround. I reccomeend we get 10 to 15 players in through the transfer portal or juco ranks to go with the incoming freshamn class.

It will take time to rebuild the prograam. It can't be done with magic dust overnight. Will give KD atleast one more season to turn things arround. I reccomeend we get 10 to 15 players in through the transfer portal or juco ranks to go with the incoming freshamn class.
It didn’t need a rebuild. We were adding talent, and were 4-2 just last season.

It might need a rebuild now which is a f**king shame.

It didn’t need a rebuild. We were adding talent, and were 4-2 just last season.

It might need a rebuild now which is a f**king shame.
Analytics can be both helpful and harmful. The new generation is becoming too dependent on analytics. Analytics should be a tool to help in making decisions, not the only input into the decisino making process. Yes CU was 4-2 last year in shortened COVID 19 impacted season and we all saw after the Texas game that CU still had a lot of work to do. CU has a lot of work to do to brigde the talent gap. CU is rebuilding, not a new rebuild, still rebuilding after a decade of bad coahing and recruiting.

Analytics can be both helpful and harmful. The new generation is becoming too dependent on analytics. Analytics should be a tool to help in making decisions, not the only input into the decisino making process. Yes CU was 4-2 last year in shortened COVID 19 impacted season and we all saw after the Texas game that CU still had a lot of work to do. CU has a lot of work to do to brigde the talent gap. CU is rebuilding, not a new rebuild, still rebuilding after a decade of bad coahing and recruiting.
What the hell do analytics have to do with this? CU is definitely rebuilding now, but that’s because this staff has no clue how to utilize the personnel on this team. That could almost be tolerable if this staff was recruiting talent that would fit their system and be better than what we have on the roster, but that’s not happening. We are getting worse.

It’s been 20 years since Barney threw the match in the dumpster so it’s a bit late to be preaching patience.
Whether you like it or not. You will have to have some patience. Unless you get a Nick Saban guy that can come in and instantly recurit 5 stsr athletes that are ready to play on day one, Firing KD would be a waste of money and time. Give KD the support he needs. We can re-evaluate his job performance in a year.

Back