What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prioritize your staff changes for 2022

Chancellor.

as that’s highly unlikely, and therefore any changes in the AD are equally unlikely, I’ll go with OC as the top priority. This years offense was epically horrible. No OC should survive that kind of performance. I’d put Langsdorf at 1A. I actually saw real improvement in the OL once coach blocking sled was shown the door. I’m cautiously optimistic that OL won’t be a **** show next year provided we have a cohesive offensive strategy.

The entire offensive staff must be fired. This weekend. A replacement staff must be assembled before 31-Dec.
Agreed. I thought Valachos did a nice job but this isn’t the time to take a shot on an unproven guy especially in recruiting. We don’t have talent stacked up right now on the OL for that risk. We need proven guys coaching or recruiting at every O coach spot.

It should be a requirement that the offensive side all goes for KD to keep his job. I would prefer to have KD gone with RG LC and that midget of a chancellor. That would be a dream scenario but the minimum nightmare has to be the whole offensive side going. Full stop

Valachos didn't change much on performance. Sacks and rushing yards weren't really better the final 6 games vs the first 6.
It’s a skill and overall offensive scheme problem. The skill level on the OL is as bad as I’ve ever seen. And the offensive schemes with long, weird WR route trees, slow developing stuff doesn’t help OL who possess awful skills.

I can’t see any scenario where you don’t clean house on the offensive side of the ball if you truly are committed to excellence. However, the AD has made it very clear that he runs a good ol boys club within his athletic department, so doing absolutely nothing will be on the table.

Last edited:
1. Offensive Coordinator
2. OL Coach
----------------
3. QB and/or WR Coach - driven by what position the new OC coaches

I'd like to go beyond this, but those are my changes that are absolutely essential if we're going to have reason to have any hope next year.
Agreed. RG isn’t going anywhere and I personally don’t think he should. Outside of KD’s contract, he’s been solid IMHO. KD isn’t going anywhere because of said contract and with all the changes happening in other HC jobs around the country, should be able to sell stability on some level. But these things must happen…

1) OC - Has to be someone with full authority over the offense. Not implementing KD’s offense.
2) OL - Has to be someone with a track record of development and recruiting.
3) QB - Has to be someone perfectly aligned with the new OC who has a track record to recruit and develop the most important position.
4) Keep Hagan. Let the rest go. Fill the spots with young, hungry recruiters eager to make their mark.
5) Recruiting coordinator - this whole area needs an influx of cash and fresh vision.

I like the D under Wilson.
I love the new S&C coach.
Make KD the CEO and have him specialize in closing when it comes to recruiting.

OC and OL. It feels like we haven’t had a good OL in 20 years. QB always running for his life.

Back