What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Projecting Next Week's Top 25 (CU mentioned)

That was some serious click bait in a Nub blog to rank the Buffs and not rank the Nubs. :ROFLMAO:

Nebraska has been pretty classy about honoring the dead this week.

Until one of them robs your home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think we have what I think of as a "legacy" advantage in terms of poll voting: it doesn't take as much success for CU get votes as it takes for teams that lack the same history of success.

Plenty of other schools have a greater advantage in this area than we do (all ND has to do to get a vote or two is say "touchdown Jesus" three times fast), but we shouldn't forget that if it's close we're going to get the benefit of the doubt over a team like Minnesota or Cal.

Don't **** the bed in Michigan, pull an upset in Eugene, and we'll either be ranked or be right on the cusp. A win vs OSU, and I'd actually be shocked if a 4-1 CU team isn't ranked about 24th. I think we really would be overrated in that scenario. The USC game would sure get a lot more attention...

This was truly not a road game for BYU. Friends tell me BYU was a decisive majority in the stands, confirmed here (2:1).

That is why I'm not stoked about Nebraska visiting us at Mile High. There will be more red in that stadium than Buff fans unless Colorado is nationally ranked.

Wasn't there, but this is true. There are more BYU fans in the Valley than UofA fans. We once toured a model home in the Mormon capital of Arizona (Mesa) that had a BYU decorated bedroom.

c4e1947c922e47a3445390ddfe6a1b83.jpg

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it!!!!

I guess we apparently received a vote Sept 30, 2008, I kind of forgot we started well that year.

Either way, I'm taking it.

CU played a great overall game. Doesn't matter who they played, it's how they played that impressed me the most.
We need to bury, destroy, and flat out kill Idaho State to gain some major momentum going into the Big House.

I maintain that this game will be better than advertised....stop the run and you give yourself a chance.
I like our D in that situation. ;)

stop the run and you give yourself a chance.
I like our D in that situation.
Agreed. Strengths seem to match...force them into obvious throwing situations and it could be a tough game for them. I'm interested to see if our DL is as good as it looked against the Ewes...I tend to think so cuz it's the same OL that dominated us last year. Should be better than advertised but they are so loaded with talent and speed. Hope we at least take it into the 4th quarter.

While I'm totally stoked that CU is getting votes, I still have a hard time accepting that they deserve it already. Then again, who is actually more deserving? HOWEVER, I do think that this little boost in confidence will go A LONG WAY when it comes to playing teams that we would otherwise assume would be losses.

Given the title of this thread, we could keep it going all season perhaps. In this light, I'm predicting 3 votes in each of the two polls after this weekend.

Given the title of this thread, we could keep it going all season perhaps. In this light, I'm predicting 3 votes in each of the two polls after this weekend.

I suspect that getting one vote raises the awareness of other voters. Blowout win, some people losing, and BTN folks wanting to hype the game next week for ratings should lead to some more Buff love in the polls on Tuesday.

We go in and give Michigan the business and maybe possibly win, in Ann Arbor, rankings will be there. The bigger thing to me is what it will do for the team in that lump above their shoulders. We'll go from improved to a team you don't wanna play any given weekend. That's when it gets real fun.

Motel 6 Cactus Bowl
Chase Field, Phoenix
Dec. 27, 10:15 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Colorado vs. Texas Tech
McMurphy: Arizona vs. Texas Tech

Birmingham Bowl
Legion Field, Birmingham, Alabama
Dec. 29, 2 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Cincinnati vs. Army
McMurphy: Connecticut vs. Colorado

Keep the light on!

Back