What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pryor leaves Ohio State (was: We now take you to Columbus, Ohio)

Thank God tOSU didn't do something really crazy like allow their walk-ons to eat at the same training table as their scholarship players. I bet the NCAA would really come down hard on them if they did something like that.

Thank God tOSU didn't do something really crazy like allow their walk-ons to eat at the same training table as their scholarship players. I bet the NCAA would really come down hard on them if they did something like that.

Exactly. Can you imagine the field day the local media would be having if this was CU? At tOSU the president is quoted saying he hopes he does not get dismissed by the football coach. In Boulder some random diversity studies prof would be demanding that the football team be given the death penalty and the media would talk up the idea like the entire community was behind the move.

Oh, wait ............. THEY DID!!! Only the NCAA "forgot" to penalize them until it wasn't against the rules anymore! :pissed2:

Oh, wait ............. THEY DID!!! Only the NCAA "forgot" to penalize them until it wasn't against the rules anymore! :pissed2:

No, the NCAA did punish them. Unfortunately they didn't notify them of this until 366 days after they opened the investigation, missing the deadline by one day and nullifying the sanctions. Oops. Close one.

I have little confidence that the NCAA will do anything other than employ their two tiered justice system. Big boys, slap on the wrist, meaningless sanction, everyone else draconian penalties. In fact, I would venture to guess the NCAA is getting their kneepads ready to go "investigate" tOSU.

It's not like there isn't precedent for this, the NCAA bent over for tOSU with their bowl game last year....

I have little confidence that the NCAA will do anything other than employ their two tiered justice system. Big boys, slap on the wrist, meaningless sanction, everyone else draconian penalties. In fact, I would venture to guess the NCAA is getting their kneepads ready to go "investigate" tOSU.

It's not like there isn't precedent for this, the NCAA bent over for tOSU with their bowl game last year....

Don't you mean Auburn? Oh wait, never mind...you were right the first time.

The worst part about this is the next time some this happens at a school not always in the top 25 the NCAA is going to hammer them and explain to everyone that they needed to make an example out of a blatant rules breaker.

The worst part about this is the next time some this happens at a school not always in the top 25 the NCAA is going to hammer them and explain to everyone that they needed to make an example out of a blatant rules breaker.

Yup. Watch and see, tOSU will have some BS meaningless penalty imposed. Just like OU got slapped on the wrist when it was found out Bomar and others were getting paid for work they didn't do. Some poor sap at Utah St. will get caught getting a free sandwich at the local Subway and Utah St. will lose fifteen schollies to "protect the integrity of the student-athlete".

Yup. Watch and see, tOSU will have some BS meaningless penalty imposed. Just like OU got slapped on the wrist when it was found out Bomar and others were getting paid for work they didn't do. Some poor sap at Utah St. will get caught getting a free sandwich at the local Subway and Utah St. will lose fifteen schollies to "protect the integrity of the student-athlete".

seen reports on twitter that several media sources in Ohio are reporting the presser was so vague and useless because the FBI is snooping around. Pretty sure they snoop about as effectively as they did on Cam newton...but none-the-less interesting.

Tressel's not out of the woods by any stretch. I say he has about a 20% chance of surviving this. The NCAA has not been too kind to this sort of offense in recent years.

They don't care so much if you cheat or steal, but they hate it when you lie (to them).

There is some talk out there that Tressel may be resigning in the next few days. I don't buy it, but I guess crazier stuff has happened.

There is some talk out there that Tressel may be resigning in the next few days. I don't buy it, but I guess crazier stuff has happened.

Best thing for the Buffs is if that program is in chaos. Chaos, I say.

430b4574eb13bf49721b98b667fbe3c3.jpg

I think he is gone. And if he is not gone, he is going to end up with a much larger penalty than the one they are trying to get by with.

There is hard evidence that Tressel knew about major rules violations, covered up what he knew to protect the eligibility of his players, and then lied about the cover-up to the NCAA.

What he did is about ten times worse than what Bruce Pearl did, and the NCAA and SEC came down hard on Pearl.

I was listening to Mike/Mike the next morning in my hotel room, they were interviewing Bobby Knight, who predictably thought Tressel a saint who did nothing wrong. After all, do you know everything everyone you're responsible for is doing? I about sicked up. Even Chris Spielmann who came on next said Tressel made mistakes, although he too said he's a guy he'd be proud to have his kid play for.

dispatcheditor Ben Marrison
NCAA to rule any minute on #Buckeyes and tattoo discounts for players. Stay tuned.

dispatcheditor Ben Marrison
NCAA to rule any minute on #Buckeyes and tattoo discounts for players. Stay tuned.

I suspect NCAA will say it was OK b/c the players themselves did not benefit monetarily from the transactions just like they ruled re Cam. They will say only their skin and the rest of us that have to look at them possibly benefited and therefore it's OK. :rolling_eyes:

I suspect NCAA will say it was OK b/c the players themselves did not benefit monetarily from the transactions just like they ruled re Cam. They will say only their skin and the rest of us that have to look at them possibly benefited and therefore it's OK. :rolling_eyes:

You forgot the part where they give Tressel a medal thanking him for bringing this to their attention.

ladies and gentleman... we have a chance in columbus...

NCAA denies request from #Buckeyes to reduce 5-game suspension for tattoo/memorabilia scandal. dispatch.com will have details. Source says more to come...

BREAKING NEWS: Source says Tressel asks for and receives same 5-game penalty as 5 #Buckeyes in tattoo/memorabilia scandal. dispatch.com

This means **** now. It would have been a great gesture two weeks ago.

more info...

Tressel will be suspended the same amount of games... and what appears to be no probation...HORSE ****

more info...

Tressel will be suspended the same amount of games... and what appears to be no probation...HORSE ****

Appears to be verified:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-ohiost-tattooinvestigation

------------------------
“Coach Tressel has requested that he sit out the first five games of the 2011 season. I have accepted his request and we are taking action to notify the NCAA,” Smith said in a statement. He declined further comment.
---------------------------

I dont believe for a second that Tressel requested this, but take it FWIW...

Appears to be verified:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-t25-ohiost-tattooinvestigation

------------------------
“Coach Tressel has requested that he sit out the first five games of the 2011 season. I have accepted his request and we are taking action to notify the NCAA,” Smith said in a statement. He declined further comment.
---------------------------

I dont believe for a second that Tressel requested this, but take it FWIW...

oh wait... this wasnt the NCAA punishment... this is tressel's punishment from OSU....ok i feel slightly better about this

The buckeye fans are saying how much respect they have for him for suspending himself as many games as the players. Sorry, he did it after he was caught LYING. Your mascot looks like a giant testicle and ralphie is going to be the 1200 lb nutcracker in the shoe.

PLEASE, if there's one game to win, make it ohio state.

The buckeye fans are saying how much respect they have for him for suspending himself as many games as the players. Sorry, he did it after he was caught LYING. Your mascot looks like a giant testicle and ralphie is going to be the 1200 lb nutcracker in the shoe.

PLEASE, if there's one game to win, make it ohio state.

Bingo. It's just preemptive posturing to minimize what must be certain sanctions.

After Gene Smith agreed to the self-imposed sanctions, the NCAA allowed another Big 10 team into the tournament as a late entry.

Back