What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quit respecting CAL!!!

Says this guy...
20478b541a576112f4cfd074f5c355bb.jpg

Looks like the human version of your Pedo-bear mascot?

Oh wait that's just a pledge for AEPi.

I can't figure out if it's just that we've sucked since moving to the Pac and it requires being good to build hate, or if it's that we just fit in a little too well.

It seems that the average P12 fan is too smart, self aware and familiar with a world that exists beyond corn, wheat, cows, oil and football to be worthy of hate and ridicule.

Hate will probably come after one team denies us something important a couple times. (It was something like 20 straight years that the Big 8/B12N championship was decided in the CU/NU game - that sets up a lot hate on both sides.)

But I'm getting the sense that it will end up being much more difficult to ridicule the other P12 schools and fans than it was to ridicule the other B8/12 schools and fans. We just fit so much better into the culture than any serious ridicule cuts a little too close for comfort.

You wanna play The Dozens? Maybe if I talk about your momma it'll help?

Thanks for the offer but it won't feel real enough. We just have to stop sucking and start playing meaningful games again. If we do, the hate will fill that empty void in my soul naturally. Even so, I will be surprised if cal ends up very high on the hate list. It will be more safety school, 2nd tier, hate with cal.

I kid. I kid.

Thanks for the offer but it won't feel real enough. We just have to stop sucking and start playing meaningful games again. If we do, the hate will fill that empty void in my soul naturally. Even so, I will be surprised if cal ends up very high on the hate list. It will be more safety school, 2nd tier, hate with cal.

I kid. I kid.

Any chance that you guys and Utah could ever get a serious rivalry going? What's the deal with that?

Any chance that you guys and Utah could ever get a serious rivalry going? What's the deal with that?

We don't take them seriously enough to hate them yet. It is contrived rivalry.

Had we come into the p10 in 94 when first invited, with texasssss, I'm pretty sure we'd have a nice white hot rivalry with the shorthorns underway. But how can you hate Utah ? They have no historical significance. Their fans are pretty tame. Even when they beat us, I just shrug and attribute it to our own awfulness. I already hate asu more than Utah.

We don't take them seriously enough to hate them yet. It is contrived rivalry.

Had we come into the p10 in 94 when first invited, with texasssss, I'm pretty sure we'd have a nice white hot rivalry with the shorthorns underway. But how can you hate Utah ? They have no historical significance. Their fans are pretty tame. Even when they beat us, I just shrug and attribute it to our own awfulness. I already hate asu more than Utah.

Yeah, you're spot on about the rivalry being too contrived. You're too similar in a lot of ways also.

ASU is intriguing. Once your program gets righted, I could see where you'd both be in line for a lot of the same recruits. That's a potential rivalry brewing that I'll keep my eye on.

Somehow, someway I hope that you get your program together soon. Once you have a modicum of success, I'll trust that recruiting shall pick up for you guys fairly quickly. You have too many recruiting advantages for it not to. I hope Mac is the guy.

Basketball season shall soon enough be upon us. Perhaps then we'll be able to serve up some hate shots between us?

I can't figure out if it's just that we've sucked since moving to the Pac and it requires being good to build hate, or if it's that we just fit in a little too well.

It seems that the average P12 fan is too smart, self aware and familiar with a world that exists beyond corn, wheat, cows, oil and football to be worthy of hate and ridicule.

Hate will probably come after one team denies us something important a couple times. (It was something like 20 straight years that the Big 8/B12N championship was decided in the CU/NU game - that sets up a lot hate on both sides.)

But I'm getting the sense that it will end up being much more difficult to ridicule the other P12 schools and fans than it was to ridicule the other B8/12 schools and fans. We just fit so much better into the culture than any serious ridicule cuts a little too close for comfort.

ASU and UA have some downright ****ing idiots as fans, so there's that.

We're above NIT-level programs such as yours. Unless you step up, it's going to be one-sided for years.

I will say, I felt a little bad seeing Cobbs at the MGM Grand once we beat the bears. His senior year, building towards the tournament, only to get beat in Vegas on a shot that was his bread and butter.

I think you're trying to be funny saying we are similar to either Utah or America's Stripper University.

Utah has never won enough to matter. Asu is like a junior college.

It is really our own fault. We've sucked so badly that we have been irrelevant. I don't even feel like throwing any piss balloons this weekend, let alone kicking your grandma down the stairs. We've lost our edge.

This year will be a rebuilding year but I'm confident that Cuonzo Martin will quickly improve the program.

Wouldn't surprise me either way with Cuonzo. Since the SEC is so painfully weak in basketball, it's a bit of an unknown how he'll fare assuming the Pac doesn't start regressing again.

I think you're trying to be funny saying we are similar to either Utah or America's Stripper University.

Utah has never won enough to matter. Asu is like a junior college.

It is really our own fault. We've sucked so badly that we have been irrelevant. I don't even feel like throwing any piss balloons this weekend, let alone kicking your grandma down the stairs. We've lost our edge.

I actually didn't mean the comparisons as a slight. The comparison to Utah is mostly geographic and they have a not too distant history of some very good teams.

ASU I compared you to because many recruits that would consider them I believe would prefer CU if your program were in better shape. When your program was strong, many of your best recruits were from SoCal as are ASU's now.

Wouldn't surprise me either way with Cuonzo. Since the SEC is so painfully weak in basketball, it's a bit of an unknown how he'll fare assuming the Pac doesn't start regressing again.

The key IMO will be how well the team performs this year. Martin's staff (Yanni Hufnagel) on paper looks to have the potential to be powerhouse recruiters. If we can play a good brand of ball and recruits see a positive upside then we have the potential to land Rabb and Swanigan. If that happens, it'll be a program changer.

You all just need to take a few more trips to Autzen or the Mausoleum in LA. Both of those fan bases will give you plenty of reasons to hate them. The first time some quack-head redneck gets in your face and starts making a vagina sign at you while shouting his IQ ("Ohhhhhhhhh") you'll find some hate in your heart. Bank on it.

Last edited:
You all just need to take a few more trips to Autzen or the Mausoleum in LA. Both of those fan bases will give you plenty of reasons to hate them. The first time some quack-head redneck gets in your face and starts making a vagina sign at you while shouting his IQ ("Ohhhhhhhhh") you'll find some hate in your heart. Bank on it.

Exactly. Made two trips to Autzen, only place other than Tempe I've gone where many fans are just downright nasty. They remind me of someone that just inherited a fortune, and suddenly think they are the smartest person in the room because they're rich. In 2006 we had one of them tell my group "We are the model program, everyone wants to be like us." Well, everyone wants a sugar daddy like Uncle Phil that will finance their program, but I don't think there's a lot of jealousy about wanting to 'be" like you Whoregon. Classless lot up there in Eugene.

Exactly. Made two trips to Autzen, only place other than Tempe I've gone where many fans are just downright nasty. They remind me of someone that just inherited a fortune, and suddenly think they are the smartest person in the room because they're rich. In 2006 we had one of them tell my group "We are the model program, everyone wants to be like us." Well, everyone wants a sugar daddy like Uncle Phil that will finance their program, but I don't think there's a lot of jealousy about wanting to 'be" like you Whoregon. Classless lot up there in Eugene.

ASU and Oregon are the obvious. However, U of A fans have an extremely douchey side and are weirdly insecure given their hoops success. We've taken the brunt of UA classlessness here after winning the Pac12 tournament a couple years ago. Another underrated group of turds is UW. Largely overshadowed by UO in recent years, it mustn't be forgotten how arrogant they are.

You don't think it's relevant? It's the most well know ranking system out there. What are you not getting? Responsibility for what?
The most well known ranking system puts CU equal with Alabama. It is what it is. Not sure what you're getting at. Saying that i'm a shill for USNWR is ridiculous. Not sure if you even know the actual meaning of that word.

There are a variety of meanings for shill. In this case, the term is applied metaphorically to a bitchass pseudo-intellectual drunk internet lint picker from Cal who has a vested interests in furthering a hierarchy of relevancy based upon Cal's good but not top-of-the list academic rankings. In this case Cal grads who are embarrassed by living in the shadow of Stanford's academic prowess are being accused of being shills for any academic rating and ranking system that fits their desire to elevate their own deep rooted need to be associated with an over ballyhooed, mismanaged and fiscally irresponsible public ivy as a measure of their own self-worth in order to compensate for inadequacies in their football program and other aspects of their personal lives. By limiting the dialogue and discourse to "the most well known", the opinion spamming asshole who has adopted and abused the handle of CU's esteemed Cross Country and Track coach is attempting to limit choices in the public mind and thus elevate USN&WR rankings as legitimate and relevant source, while disingenuously feigning distance from the merits of the methodology and subsequent results. By highlighting and emphasizing these results, the contributor seeks to appear as an honest broker and fair-minded third party, but is acting as a shill to any ranking systems, despite the merits of their methodology, which place Cal in a relatively favorable light in relation to CU.

writes like a cal grad.

Exactly. It's just a matter of time before one of them opens a can or Olympic sports and rugby smack, or mentions the discovery of elements on the periodic table to justify their miserable existence.

ASU and Oregon are the obvious. However, U of A fans have an extremely douchey side and are weirdly insecure given their hoops success. We've taken the brunt of UA classlessness here after winning the Pac12 tournament a couple years ago. Another underrated group of turds is UW. Largely overshadowed by UO in recent years, it mustn't be forgotten how arrogant they are.

The Dawgs are the most parochial and delusional fanbase in the Pac.

What is the list of labels we put on all teams that are doing well, and specifically better than us: classless, arrogant, ignorant, cheaters. Am I missing any?

Back