What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rammies not looking good in scrimmage

I guess I don't understand why a strong CSU football program with a new on campus stadium is a bad thing? Seems to me it would be good for CU football if the Rams were actually a really good program.

If Buff fans want the annual CU/CSU game to mean anything and have it played where it should be, I would support the Rams in their quest to build a new facility on campus where is should be.

I guess I don't understand why a strong CSU football program with a new on campus stadium is a bad thing? Seems to me it would be good for CU football if the Rams were actually a really good program.

If Buff fans want the annual CU/CSU game to mean anything and have it played where it should be, I would support the Rams in their quest to build a new facility on campus where is should be.

We don't.

We want the game gone. It literally does nothing for us. If we lose, then the Denver media blasts us. If we win, we were supposed to.

Clueless comment.

Lipstick on a pig.

New stadium, new coaches, advertising campaigns, game with CU forced down the Buffs throats, etc. etc.

For decades we have heard from that small core of CSU fanatics how CSU is a sleeping giant, how if they could just get (insert magic bullet here) they would become bigtime. They got the Stryker donation and updated Hughes, nobody came, they had quality winning teams with Sony consistently rated in the top 25, nobody came. They got their game with CU in Mile High and despite big attendance numbers in the early years in Denver nobody showed up back in the Fort.

I have to give credit to the core of dedicated Rams fans, they are consistent and have stuck with their team through thick and a lot of thin. Trouble is not enough other people care and nothing they do is going to change that. A new stadium will quickly enough become a couple of year old empty stadium, the losing Rams will be the losing Rams and the core will move on to their next fantasy solution to joining the big time.

Lipstick on a pig.

New stadium, new coaches, advertising campaigns, game with CU forced down the Buffs throats, etc. etc.

For decades we have heard from that small core of CSU fanatics how CSU is a sleeping giant, how if they could just get (insert magic bullet here) they would become bigtime. They got the Stryker donation and updated Hughes, nobody came, they had quality winning teams with Sony consistently rated in the top 25, nobody came. They got their game with CU in Mile High and despite big attendance numbers in the early years in Denver nobody showed up back in the Fort.

I have to give credit to the core of dedicated Rams fans, they are consistent and have stuck with their team through thick and a lot of thin. Trouble is not enough other people care and nothing they do is going to change that. A new stadium will quickly enough become a couple of year old empty stadium, the losing Rams will be the losing Rams and the core will move on to their next fantasy solution to joining the big time.
You had BS at "hello".

I really, really question your reading comprehension....

Rammies soon to be slummin with UTSA as conference partners in the CUMSAWC. Just makes more and more sense for them to build that new stadium. And talk about a huge recruiting tool to recruit in the state of Tejas!

I guess I do not understand why BuffSurveyor is such a dumb****.

Been wondering about that for a while. More importantly, wondering why the dumb **** continues to hang around. To his defense, likely not much for him to do in BF Nebraska. Likely needs a diversion to avoid illegal acts on animals.

He didn't throw a punch? But was "defending himself"? How is that possible

When you stomp a persons head in, no need to throw a punch. Technically Michael Bolton was the only person to 'throw a punch' in this artistic re-enactment.

[video=youtube;PywI0BOxJpI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywI0BOxJpI[/video]

This story is picking up steam. I've seen on the front page of the Denver Post twice now, and I wouldn't be surprised if that spurs the Denver Post to do a feature

I dislike CSU as much as the next guy. I also think steroid use in the context of athletic competition is cheating. Still, reading the story about the search of Orakpo's room pisses me off. The cops had a warrant to look for evidence of the assault, like bloody clothes. Yet, they go through everything in the kid's room, with the bull**** explanation that they were trying to find something to verify whose room it was. Then they seize some unlabeled vials that they found "suspicious," even though those items clearly were beyond the scope of the search warrant. As the case goes forward, expect this search to be approved by a judge based on some spurious arguments made by the cops and prosecutors.

Even rams have constitutional rights, rights routinely ignored by cops.

I have no problem with turning up evidence of other crimes using a properly executed search warrant.

I dislike CSU as much as the next guy. I also think steroid use in the context of athletic competition is cheating. Still, reading the story about the search of Orakpo's room pisses me off. The cops had a warrant to look for evidence of the assault, like bloody clothes. Yet, they go through everything in the kid's room, with the bull**** explanation that they were trying to find something to verify whose room it was. Then they seize some unlabeled vials that they found "suspicious," even though those items clearly were beyond the scope of the search warrant. As the case goes forward, expect this search to be approved by a judge based on some spurious arguments made by the cops and prosecutors.

Cops probably went to CSU so not too smrt.

If you're getting invistigated for assault you probably shouldn't leave roids laying around the house.

I have no problem with turning up evidence of other crimes using a properly executed search warrant.

The cops weren't going to find any evidence of an assault in a mini-fridge, it was illegal for them to look inside. According to the constitution, a warrant must "particularly describ[e] the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." If the cops are looking for a stolen car, they can't look in your kitchen cupboard.

The cops weren't going to find any evidence of an assault in a mini-fridge, it was illegal for them to look inside. According to the constitution, a warrant must "particularly describ[e] the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." If the cops are looking for a stolen car, they can't look in your kitchen cupboard.
Hold on, I was watching the First 48 the other week and they had an episode where they were searching a house for evidence that the person killed the other and they looked in a cereal box and found the clip from the gun that was used in there. Is that not the same example as above? Because that was legal, and so was what the cops did in Fort Collins IMO.

they could have hid anything in the mini fridge... you are wrong in this case

And in the big picture steroids are relavent to the crime. Ever heard of 'roid rage?

For a long time CSU fans have been angry with the Denver media because of what the see as the media ignoring them. They may now get that attention and learn the hard way to be careful what you wish for.

If the Denver media decides that they want to go after CSU they may wish they hadn't. The image of poor (and pure) little CSU may go by the wayside replaced by an image of dirty players and an out of control AD, the same kind of crap that the media tried to throw at CU during the so called "scandal."

I hope this doesn't happen because by nature of being the flagship some of this will inevitable spill over onto the Buffs, regardless of facts.

Since we don't know the facts, only what has appeared in the media, CSU may be following due process. That said they may end up wishing that they cut ties as soon as possible with the players involved and taken the talent hit but looked like they were taking the high ground discipline wise.

Starting to get messy for the Rams now

The lawyer for a Colorado State University football player accused of an unprovoked attack on fellow students and who is suspected of using steroids and marijuana denied the claims Sunday.

"I don't think there is any question that a fight ensued between a number of individuals.But for the freshman instigating the fight we wouldn't have any of these discussions. Gocha tackled him and he just held on and tried to prevent himself from being hit," Fischer said of Orakpo. "My client's friends came to his aid and Mr. Gocha's friends came to his aid."

Fort Collins police found foil packages marked as anabolic steroids and hypodermic needles in Paulhus' residence, and nine unmarked vials as well as syringes, three of which were used, in Orakpo's room, according to a police report released last week.Orakpo denies there were any drugs in his room, and Fischer called the drug allegations "made up crap from the Fort Collins police department."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...otball-player-denies-brawling-charge-and-drug

Is it me or is this attorney speaking out publicly, especially so negatively about Mr. Gocha highly unusual?

Back