What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruits say, Nebraska fans are the most annoying on twitter

Man I need to stop reading some Cornhusker boards. But...Joel Klatt had something to say on him: http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/...U-can-overachieve-due-to-Tanner-Lee-105450620
Most of the excitement is due to the spring game, where he looked admittedly pretty decent. But it was the same game where the defense was so vanilla that they didn't even play in their base defense. The rest of the excitement comes from camps that he has participated in, where he has been praised for having beautiful throws. But again, without any pressure.

They think he's essentially a one-year, Davis Webb type rental. My issue with that is that Webb was more heralded out of HS and by FAR more prolific in his early career. And was already high up on draft boards and most analysts believed he would play himself into the first round. Why did everyone seemingly miss Lee out of HS? And again when he decided to transfer? Why did he complete the same percent of his passes at Tulane that Tommy Armstrong did at NU - a guy all Nebraska fans have promptly thrown under the bus as a reason for Riley's struggles? They hope/believe it wasn't the right system and the surrounding talent wasn't as good. But the opposing talent is now league's better as well.

And to add to that: they suck at running the ball (they averaged 2.2 ypc in that same charmin-soft spring game), Riley (and former players) has questioned both the OL and the OL coach in the spring, and they lost their best and most dependable WR to graduation - yikes. We will see for sure. I certainly wouldn't bet on the over tho.

Most of the excitement is due to the spring game, where he looked admittedly pretty decent. But it was the same game where the defense was so vanilla that they didn't even play in their base defense. The rest of the excitement comes from camps that he has participated in, where he has been praised for having beautiful throws. But again, without any pressure.

They think he's essentially a one-year, Davis Webb type rental. My issue with that is that Webb was more heralded out of HS and by FAR more prolific in his early career. And was already high up on draft boards and most analysts believed he would play himself into the first round. Why did everyone seemingly miss Lee out of HS? And again when he decided to transfer? Why did he complete the same percent of his passes at Tulane that Tommy Armstrong did at NU - a guy all Nebraska fans have promptly thrown under the bus as a reason for Riley's struggles? They hope/believe it wasn't the right system and the surrounding talent wasn't as good. But the opposing talent is now league's better as well.

And to add to that: they suck at running the ball (they averaged 2.2 ypc in that same charmin-soft spring game), Riley (and former players) has questioned both the OL and the OL coach in the spring, and they lost their best and most dependable WR to graduation - yikes. We will see for sure. I certainly wouldn't bet on the over tho.
TDforTD reminds of Sphinx from Gone in 60 Seconds. You have to have seen the movie to understand the analogy, but basically, he's always there, actively engaged, but rarely speaks up. When he does, he drops a gem.

http://www.sportsline.com/insiders/25810730/cfb-sportslines-season-win-projections-for-the-big-10/

SportsLine Projection: 6.2 wins
Comment: Coach Mike Riley fired defensive coordinator Mark Banker and replaced him with former Connecticut coach Bob Diaco after a leaky defense was the primary culprit in the Cornhuskers losing four of their final six games last season. Tulane transfer Tanner Lee should be a capable heir apparent to longtime starter Tommy Armstrong at quarterback. Assessing their talent and schedule, I can't find an edge on what appears to be an accurate number. Lean: Push.

1329179424_mj-laughing1.gif

They have us at 7.7 and believe we will be going for #8 @Utah to end the season ^_^

I don't know diddly about this Lee guy, but it was very obvious that Armstrong was a poor fit for Riley's offense. He was a drive killer so many times when he'd sail a throw right over a wide open WR's head. For the Nubs to get back, then need to be much better on the OL and everywhere on D. We will see.... I'd say 2017 won't be the year they will improve much.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebras...cle_935f685a-8c1b-11e7-bfa3-1f7ad7f9980a.html

Nebraska’s athletic department has requested Fox Sports stop running a 30-second ad as part of the network’s promotion of its new TV contract with Big Ten football.

They're desperately trying to shake the perception that Nebraska is just corn and sadness. Hard to recruit Cali kids to a place like that. I actually, honestly, kind of like the commercial and think they should just embrace it. Yeah, in NCAA football video gaming, they get an F for location. They get better grades in other recruiting areas tho. And the location doesn't matter as much to some recruits as long as you can prove to be an NFL factory.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nebras...cle_935f685a-8c1b-11e7-bfa3-1f7ad7f9980a.html

Nebraska’s athletic department has requested Fox Sports stop running a 30-second ad as part of the network’s promotion of its new TV contract with Big Ten football.

They're desperately trying to shake the perception that Nebraska is just corn and sadness. Hard to recruit Cali kids to a place like that. I actually, honestly, kind of like the commercial and think they should just embrace it. Yeah, in NCAA football video gaming, they get an F for location. They get better grades in other recruiting areas tho. And the location doesn't matter as much to some recruits as long as you can prove to be an NFL factory.
I think this is the commercial - let's see if it is still active.

LOL - yeah. Miles and miles of cornfields - then out of nowhere - a football team! They certainly can't blast Fox for a lack of accuracy...

This is a big year for them. If they have a mediocre year, I could see the fanbase pounding the table for Scott Frost to replace Reilly.

This is a big year for them. If they have a mediocre year, I could see the fanbase pounding the table for Scott Frost to replace Reilly.

Frost has to be better than .500 at UCF for that to happen. It is a coinflip as to whether that will happen this sesason for the Knights.

Frost has to be better than .500 at UCF for that to happen. It is a coinflip as to whether that will happen this sesason for the Knights.
Taking over a team that went 0-12 in 2015, and going 6-6 and a bowl game, albeit losing, is a pretty big accomplishment for a first year HC. If he gets them to 7 or 8 wins this year, coupled with Nebraska going 5-7 or 6-6, I could easily see it happening.

Admittedly, I haven't spent much time in Nebraska, but the cornfields in the commercial make Nebraska look more attractive than it actually is.

If you're in Nebraska, own it. Be the backwards ass country bumpkins we all think you are. Hell, have you seen your mascot? Don't run from it, embrace it! Do not try to be something you aren't.

As you can expect, Huskers fans are LIVID about this fox commercial for them
sass2.png

Just saw this. My new favorite ad.

Not sure if the best part is the insinuation that nubs are a cult or the fact that they are surrounded by nothing but corn for "miles and miles".

McShay: (interrupts Russillo): "Scott Frost is another big name I think for what he is doing already."

Russillo: "At UCF...So Frost is the Nebraska thing people are throwing out there because Nebraska can only hire people....

McShay: (interrupts Russillo): "I'd rather be at UCF"

Russillo: "You would rather be at UCF?"

McShay: "I would rather....”

Russillo: "Oh set the alarms..."

Cain: "Oh hot take!"

McShay: "There is sooo much talent at UCF, in that area, in that Florida area. The
expectations are lower. You got a school that is really yearning to be good and to move into a bigger conference. To me, that is a place to build and make it yours. That could become Scott Frost. Scott Frost did this to UCF like Frank Beamer did to Va Tech."

Cain: "But its Nebraska..."

McShay: "Ok...Where is my talent coming from? Who wants to come here? How do I get players here?"

Cain: "Is this a Big 10 vs Big 8 thing?"

McShay: "Its hard to recruit there."

full

We'll see. I think it was a great hire though. Yes, in the beginning the hire seemed underwhelming to many. But after seeing what he is doing and the staff he is/has assembled, it looks to be a program now quickly going in the right direction.
giphy.gif

Back