What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George releases a statement

Vance Joseph
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

You know what I mean. Its another aspect of CU trying to replicate the glory years. Barnett's teams were very physical at the LoS. Watch the 2001 Nebraska game.

Be creative. Use the altitude at Folsom to your advantage by hiring somebody who knows how to use tempo. Try the air raid.
You know who runs a tempo offense?

yep- Eric Bieniemy. :)

Disclaimer:
(this post shall not serve as an endorsement of any candidate for the HC position at CU)

Dan Hawkins, Mike MacIntyre and Mel Tucker are all currently HCs. Just sayin
I HATED Hawkins as a coach, but he was a home run hire when we got him (at least everyone thought so). Our only hope is to offer a job to a coordinator who has a large potential upside (Mel Tucker was this) and try to structure a deal that would be hard to get out of. But if you do a deal like that you reduce the chances of anyone taking it (which means you have to reach even farther...trying to get a coordinator so far a way from getting a head coaching opportunity that they are willing to accept something like that).

When you are where we are everything gets more difficult (obviously), and gambling on coach hires becomes even more of a crapshoot than it normally is.

We need to hire the person that is in charge of the NCAA transfer portal. There has to be someone in charge right? Is it Brian Bosworth?

I might be a masochist, but I’d kind of like to see what RG can do without Phil yanking his chain. Mike Bohn’s name has been tossed around a lot as an example of a guy who couldn’t make it work here but was very successful everywhere else. It’s possible - likely even - that RG is similarly handicapped.
Why does he stay then

My one exception is Jeff Grimes, but because he’s a legit candidate. Other than that I wholeheartedly agree
He's a great candidate-but I have one question on him. Is this administration willing to work with him on admissions? He's the OC at Baylor right now.

That's a school that isn't exactly known for its academics.

He's a great candidate-but I have one question on him. Is this administration willing to work with him on admissions? He's the OC at Baylor right now.

That's a school that isn't exactly known for its academics.
Or morals or ethics or shame or compassion or victim rights or the rule or law

Or morals or ethics or shame or compassion or victim rights or the rule or law
Oh no question. Excluding that though, if RG/Saliman don't think they can get any kind of admissions breaks.......I wouldn't bother with Grimes as a candidate.

Yes. If a man has options, why stay for an untenable situation.
His options are stay or retire. What incentive does he have right now to retire?

The narrative that he should resign in protest is ridiculous. It never happens. It’s not going to ever happen. It’s just silly.

This is the exact opposite of what one credible poster on 247 has said about Saliman, fwiw.
I hope I'm wrong! I recall for years he was the staff budget guru when the Colorado legislature was dealing with budget matters. Now he's in a chair where he must direct the entire thing. I want him to succeed, which to me means the football program gets put on an upward trajectory. This will require new people and plenty of money.

RG statement gives me hope that KD will be gone at some point either in season or after. Due to ridiculous buyout, I was not confident he would get canned at all until 2023. Exact timing of his firing has to give enough time to get a new HC and mostly complete staff in place prior to below. After this week or bye week I am hoping for.

Transfer Portal Window
45 days "beginning the day following the championship selection,"

Take those links and email them to Saliman. I doubt anybody up there even knows that.
He should damn well know what those ranking are. By the way, I looked it up. Baylor is actually 21 spots ahead of CU in the USNWR rankings. I could check a bunch of others, but that’s an easy one to check.
Aside from the Rape enabling, Baylor has managed to carve out a nice balance between academics and athletics that we should aspire to.

He should damn well know what those ranking are. By the way, I looked it up. Baylor is actually 21 spots ahead of CU in the USNWR rankings. I could check a bunch of others, but that’s an easy one to check.
Aside from the Rape enabling, Baylor has managed to carve out a nice balance between academics and athletics that we should aspire to.
USNWR gives private schools an edge in the rankings. Student debt load at graduation is a factor in the rankings, and damn near nobody is at Baylor on student loans. Daddy pays.

Back