What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

You can say the "Means more to CSU than CU hasn't been true for the past five years" but as bad as we have been and as much as we need wins this game still does mean much more to CSU than us.

Our players know that CSU can give them a tough game but for CSU this game is still their season. This is the only game they play (unless Boise is ranked in which case CSU knows they are getting curb stomped) that gets them a lead position on local TV, the only game against an opponent that most casual fans in the country have heard about.

Much of the country when hearing the names of MWC schools doesn't know if they are BCS or FCS and can't picture their school colors.

For CSU fans this is the game, win it and they can run their mouths in state for 12 months acting like they matter. The players and coaches know this and it motivates them. They also know that beat CU and 20% more fans show up the rest of the year, lose to CU and those fans wait for next year.

CU has better talent but that is true most years. CU cannot come out like they did against Hawaii last year looking like the first scrimmage of spring ball. They have got to be focused and physical, the coaches and the players have to be ready for and make adjustments. They will see some things they didn't see on tape and didn't expect to see. Deal with it and overcome it.

It's nice we finally have a reason to have some optimism for this game for the first time in a few years, but unless I have missed some inside info on Sefo's recovery, it is still up in the air whether he will be playing week 1. The idea of Gehrke, week 1, new offense, and unproven offensive line is holding my optimism in check.
Minted will be QB 2 by week 1 of the season. Bank on that.

It's nice we finally have a reason to have some optimism for this game for the first time in a few years, but unless I have missed some inside info on Sefo's recovery, it is still up in the air whether he will be playing week 1. The idea of Gehrke, week 1, new offense, and unproven offensive line is holding my optimism in check.

I think you answered your own question/thought there....

To be fair, that guy is extremely delusional and an outright hater of CU. Best to not engage him.

They have 2 verbals this cycle with listed P5 offers and one of those is that JUCO DT that originally committed to them last year but has since decommited. Other than that, they have a 3* DT from FL with listed offers of Indiana, Louisville, UNC and NC State. I'm confused as to what he is talking about.

Oh it's fun to poke the bear every once in a while, if he's going to take it that serious I'm going to exploit it for fun every now and then that **** on him.

Oh it's fun to poke the bear every once in a while, if he's going to take it that serious I'm going to exploit it for fun every now and then that **** on him.
Agreed. His original take was baseless and an ESPN Top 300 recruit like Polley committing a few days after made for some solid trolling on him. His entire stance has shifted from, "CSU is recruiting more P5 caliber players than CU" to "When #MikeMacHawkins gets fired, good luck keeping the class together". Just have to laugh some times.

How many of the collective commits has offered from both schools? A bunch of ours did. Moronic.
OK - I will answer this question!

Their 5 commits have zero CU offers between them. They beat us for zero of them.

Conversely, Tyler Lytle, Chase Newman, Alex Fontenot, Dante Sparaco, Jonathan Van Diest, and Grant Polley all picked CU over CSU.

Their 5 commits have zero CU offers between them. They beat us for zero of them.

Conversely, Tyler Lytle, Chase Newman, Alex Fontenot, Dante Sparaco, Jonathan Van Diest, and Grant Polley all picked CU over CSU.

So your telling us that we are beating the Lammies 6-0 even before the season starts. I like it.

In fairness, I doubt that most of those CU commits were all that aware they had a CSU offer.

Back