What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

Half of Allbuffs says "this game means much more to CSU than it does to us" and the same half says, "if we lose to CSU, MM need to be fired the next day". Help me here.

More crucialler.

So that makes every game more crucialler.

540163433c9b3.jpg

Half of Allbuffs says "this game means much more to CSU than it does to us" and the same half says, "if we lose to CSU, MM need to be fired the next day". Help me here.
I think it's probably a pretty easy explanation- look at the average age of both groups.

In fairness, I doubt that most of those CU commits were all that aware they had a CSU offer.
They probably were confused that the CSU offer was a CU offer. Kinda like when that one recruit visited Fort Collins a few years back and asked to see the Buffalo mascot.

Is it really that hard to understand? We should rarely if ever lose to a G5 team - and shouldn't pay a gnat's ass of attention to them outside of game week.

Is it really that hard to understand? We should rarely if ever lose to a G5 team - and shouldn't pay a gnat's ass of attention to them outside of game week.

The reason it appears we spend so much time on them is because, more often than not, they are game #1. We have 6 months to fill during the offseason and they are the first opponent. Unfortunately that means our "game week" lasts all summer.

Sure, I will help you. Let me give you an example....

Let's say that Michigan is playing University of Northern Colorado. That game means more to UNC than it does to Michigan. I mean a UNC win would be the biggest win ever. For Michigan it would just be a game they were supposed to win, and nothing more. Michigan's biggest game is Ohio State. However.......if Michigan loses to UNC, Harbaugh would get criticized wayyyyyy more than he would if he lost to Ohio State. Why? because it is a game THEY SHOULD NEVER LOSE! Big time program coaches get called for being canned more often than not when they lose games they are not supposed to lose.

Does that help? Different levels here but i portrayed that example just to illustrate the thought.

Last edited:
Sure, I will help you. Let me give you an example....

Let's say that Michigan is playing University of Northern Colorado. That game means more to UNC than it does to Michigan. I mean a UNC win would be the biggest win ever. For Michigan it would just be a game they were supposed to win, and nothing more. Michigan's biggest game is Ohio State. However.......if Michigan loses to UNC, Harbaugh would get criticized wayyyyyy more than he would if he lost to Ohio State. Why? because it is a game THEY SHOULD NEVER LOSE! Big time program coaches get called for being canned more often than not when they lose games they are not supposed to lose.

Does that help? Different levels here but i portrayed that example just to illustrate the thought.
Or like if Michigan ever lost to Appalachian State.

I don't think I'm alone in "relief" being a stronger emotion than "joy" when CU beats CSU.

It's a game that CU historically wins 75% of the time and recently wins at a 2/3 clip... and that's too many losses for me to deal well with.

I really need to see the Buffs win the last 5 games of the current contract for my mental health.

I don't think I'm alone in "relief" being a stronger emotion than "joy" when CU beats CSU.

It's a game that CU historically wins 75% of the time and recently wins at a 2/3 clip... and that's too many losses for me to deal well with.

I really need to see the Buffs win the last 5 games of the current contract for my mental health.
Maybe Prozac would work better?

Not only does CU need to win but we need the wins to be convincing.

There was a stretch of time when CSU fans didn't clamor for a game against CU, they tried not to even mention it. The reason was they knew and CU fans knew that if the two teams played the results would be ugly for CSU.

Even when CU wins close the sheep fans run around talking about the idea that if the ref had made a different call or if a turnover had gone differently they would have been in it. That puts the justification in their mind that they are on the same level as CU and should be respected as such.

The solution is a series of solid beatings, the kind that a solid P5 team should give to a middle of the road G5 teams. Make it perfectly clear that the two programs are not equals or even close to it.

As I get older, relief is definitely becoming the stronger emotion, but I think it all depends on where you come from and who you know. Growing up in Colorado, at least half my good friends are CSU alums with the same fanatical disposition as me, when it comes to our teams. Because of the friendly rivalry, bragging rights, drinking/partying with them, etc. the RMS has always been highlighted on the calendar.

As I get older, relief is definitely becoming the stronger emotion, but I think it all depends on where you come from and who you know. Growing up in Colorado, at least half my good friends are CSU alums with the same fanatical disposition as me, when it comes to our teams. Because of the friendly rivalry, bragging rights, drinking/partying with them, etc. the RMS has always been highlighted on the calendar.

You have dumb friends.

You have dumb friends.
Tell me about it.

Quick story: Went to New Orleans for a bachelor party last year on the RMS weekend with all those said CSU friends. We went to Manning's bar and ended up watching the LSU/Auburn game there which was a blast. The Alabama/Ole Miss game came on right after and the place threw a huge watch party, so we requested the CU/CSU game be put on one of the TVs off to the side. They put us in our own corner with a pretty decent TV (no sound) as the only spot in the place with the RMS on. It was at that moment, amid all of our back and forth celebrations, surrounded by staring Bama and Ole Miss fans, that I realized how irrelevant college football in Colorado really is. :( Cool story bro

Tell me about it.

Quick story: Went to New Orleans for a bachelor party last year on the RMS weekend with all those said CSU friends. We went to Manning's bar and ended up watching the LSU/Auburn game there which was a blast. The Alabama/Ole Miss game came on right after and the place threw a huge watch party, so we requested the CU/CSU game be put on one of the TVs off to the side. They put us in our own corner with a pretty decent TV (no sound) as the only spot in the place with the RMS on. It was at that moment, amid all of our back and forth celebrations, surrounded by staring Bama and Ole Miss fans, that I realized how irrelevant college football in Colorado really is. :( Cool story bro
Well at least you enjoyed watching the CSU dreams of another win after going ahead 14-0 crushed as usual.

Back