What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

Didn't CSU get a decent grad transfer QB from Georgia that Bobo had worked with? It's having the new QB that we haven't seen, a quality OL, and the ability for CSU to prep for 6 months that scares me.

Add in our standard ST disasters and this game will be a lot closer than we would like like.

Didn't CSU get a decent grad transfer QB from Georgia that Bobo had worked with? It's having the new QB that we haven't seen, a quality OL, and the ability for CSU to prep for 6 months that scares me.

Add in our standard ST disasters and this game will be a lot closer than we would like like.
He was on scholarship and recruited by BoBo to Georgia, didn't play many meaningful snaps or put up any real numbers to scare anyone. From what I have read the job isn't his, just competing for it.

I see no reason to think this game won't be close. Why do we now think we will be better than last year? We were pretty darn bad last year, are never ready to play in game 1, and if CSU wins this game, they don't care if they win another one all year.

I expect this game to be close. I expect CSU to push us around in the trenches (just like they have since the Hawkins era) and I expect us to struggle (just like we do every opening game).

While I think our program may finally be on the rise, I see no reason to think we will roll in this game.

tumblr_nnemkuKeOe1sqia6ao1_250.gif

We winning by two scores+ or you can ban me right on the spot.

If both teams play to their capabilities without anything wacky happening on breakdowns, turnovers and special teams, CU will win by more than 2 scores.

However, how often do we see a week 1 game without wacky things happening with breakdowns, turnovers and special teams?

The only exception to the who wants it more argument is the fan base. Their fan base wants its so much more than any other game and they go crazy.

Despite the realistic optimism over the current level of recruiting and the new era of Chev, etc., we will not be fielding a team on game day that is head and shoulders on paper a lot better than CSU. Just a fact. The game will likely come down to turnovers and a big drive here or there.

Despite the realistic optimism over the current level of recruiting and the new era of Chev, etc., we will not be fielding a team on game day that is head and shoulders on paper a lot better than CSU. Just a fact. The game will likely come down to turnovers and a big drive here or there.
Actually, on paper we are way, way better than they are:

2013 Rivals recruiting ranking:
CU: 64
CSU: not in the top 94

2014:
CU: 63

2015:
CU: 69

2016:

On paper, we are a lot better than they are.

They lost 8 starters off a defense that already sucked. They lost Higgins, Hansley, and Cartwright on offense. None of those three guys should have scared a Pac 12 team anyway. Their new QB, Bauta, has career numbers of 150 yards, 0 TD's and 4 picks.

Meanwhile, we return 8 or 9 starters on defense, add back a bigger, healthier Gillam, a motivated Tupou, and 7 or 8 more guys in the defensive 2 deep who have a lot of experience.

On offense we have 8 returning starters, a RS freshman who has beaten out a 5th year senior on the line, We have Fields, Ross, and Bobo back at receiver and add Ento, Winfree, Julmisse, and Huntley at the position. 6 back up linemen with game experience. Hopefully Adkins can stay healthy, and we can learn how to utilize Frazier and Keeney (hopefully he's gained about 20 lbs).

Really there's two groups of people who aren't looking at this as a double digit Buff victory. The over-confident, separated from reality CSU fans, and the the beaten down, sad CU fans who have no confidence. This should be a cake walk if we show up motivated. The only advantage CSU has is they return 4 starters on the offensive line.

I could care less about rankings and all of that. We should give them an ass whipping pure and simple.

Actually, on paper we are way, way better than they are:

2013 Rivals recruiting ranking:
CU: 64

2014:

2015:
CU: 69

2016:

On paper, we are a lot better than they are.
Rankings in the 60's are meaningless. Do you think someone from Rivals was evaluating anyone in either school's classes?

We should best them soundly because of all the reasons Medford cited.

Is this thread for real? Have people not watched this game the last 5 plus years?

If this game has shown us anything, it's that you take all advantages and disadvantages and throw them out the window. There is reason to have confidence in this years defense that have been stated.

The rivals ranking smack! :ROFLMAO:

I still expect special teams to be a net negative in 2016. Not sure MacIntyre actually values good special teams based on past statements.

I still expect special teams to be a net negative in 2016. Not sure MacIntyre actually values good special teams based on past statements.

That would be pretty bizarre if he doesn't, considering he trained under Parcells. That's been a disconnect for me, because the Big Tuna was an absolute master at manipulating that third phase to his advantage, dominating the field position battle.

The rivals ranking smack! :ROFLMAO:

The rivals ranking was in response to the assertion that "on paper" CU and CSU are the same, talent wise. That's clearly not the case. On paper, the two teams aren't even in the same zip code.
Somebody can make the argument that class ranking and the like don't matter, and that could be true. But to say that they are the same on paper is simply incorrect.

If a Ram runs a kick or punt back for a score I'll be happy if CU wins at all. I've been hurt before.

That would be pretty bizarre if he doesn't, considering he trained under Parcells. That's been a disconnect for me, because the Big Tuna was an absolute master at manipulating that third phase to his advantage, dominating the field position battle.

I hope I am wrong, but he seems to treat special teams as an annoyance. Everything was suddenly just really bad in 2015, but it has not been good his entire tenure.

BTW, why no offers to kickers for 2016?

I hope I am wrong, but he seems to treat special teams as an annoyance. Everything was suddenly just really bad in 2015, but it has not been good his entire tenure.

BTW, why no offers to kickers for 2016?

It seems the plan is for Graham to be the kicker in 2017 while they bring in some walk-ons and see if someone does well enough that they don't have to recruit a kicker to replace Graham in 2018.

I'm not drinking your ****ing koolaid. **** you! We suck and will lose until proven otherwise.

Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na. Na.

It's nice we finally have a reason to have some optimism for this game for the first time in a few years, but unless I have missed some inside info on Sefo's recovery, it is still up in the air whether he will be playing week 1. The idea of Gehrke, week 1, new offense, and unproven offensive line is holding my optimism in check.

Back