What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

I think a slow start from our offense and special teams mistakes are bigger concerns. But I like our defense for week one.

I do worry that the TTech style offense won't be running well yet. Against an under sized and young DL and a new secondary, this would be the perfect game to run heavily and mix in some play action.

blah blah bah

get

I feel ok about this game; I'm just surprised about Slider's optimism. Not his usual shtick.

That said (credit to BuffLuke) we have truly stomps them since 2010. Give me that and I'll start beaking about how they're 'trash' too.
I had a schtick cuz we sucked. Hmmm.

Anyways

I do worry that the TTech style offense won't be running well yet. Against an under sized and young DL and a new secondary, this would be the perfect game to run heavily and mix in some play action.

Offense under MacIntyre has usually started slow, except for 2013, which was 90% PRich anyway.

They should never beat us. We need to slap them around badly. Respect they are on the field with you, they can look down on them after. Just take care of business like better teams do. Spread worries me a bit but we have some guys that might flourish in that system. TTech ran the ball well last year.

The OL is definitely the strength of their team, but the defense should be ours and, like you said, if Tupou and Carrell are what we need and expect them to be, we should be fine. Also, I really like our LBs for at least week one..

100% Agree with what TSchek said.

If we can start out fast, CSU will crawl into a hole and die. Let them stick around into the third quarter, and then crazy things start happening.

I just don't see CSU winning this game. Too much speed and experience on our side of the ball. Special teams could be an equalizer, but if I remember correctly, their special teams were pretty awful last year.

Too much speed .....
Did you just imply CU had some speed?????? Uhm....wait.....when was the last time anyone said that about a CU football team? I still remember Tulsa players making it appear like the CU defenders had all been glued stationary to the field. Here is to hoping, for the first time in a long time CU has more team speed than their opponents.

Course maybe you just meant you expect CSU to be that slow....

I'd settle for either, but CU being fast would be best.

Did you just imply CU had some speed?????? Uhm....wait.....when was the last time anyone said that about a CU football team? I still remember Tulsa players making it appear like the CU defenders had all been glued stationary to the field. Here is to hoping, for the first time in a long time CU has more team speed than their opponents.

Course maybe you just meant you expect CSU to be that slow....

I'd settle for either, but CU being fast would be best.
I think you mean "Toledo", and yes, we have more speed than CSU. I'm not claiming we are in the same boat as USC or Oregon. There's a big difference between CSU and USC. In fact, they're exact opposites.
Heh.

All joking aside, barring a complete letdown, the CSU game should be a two to three score margin in our favor.

I think you mean "Toledo", and yes, we have more speed than CSU. I'm not claiming we are in the same boat as USC or Oregon. There's a big difference between CSU and USC. In fact, they're exact opposites.
Heh.

All joking aside, barring a complete letdown, the CSU game should be a two to three score margin in our favor.

God I love kool-aid in July

Heh.

You're right Toleda...and I tried not to laugh at your CSU USC pun....but I couldn't stop myself.

Heh.

Two and a half hours later and I'm the first one to like that? That was classic.

I think a slow start from our offense and special teams mistakes are bigger concerns. But I like our defense for week one.
My concerns with special teams have been seriously diminished this off season.

1. Addition by subtraction.
2. Not sure they can be any worse than week one last year.
3. Or the year before
4. Or the year before that
5. Or the year, well you get the point.

I have visions of Hawaii in my head and I'm not talking about vacations. Mac needs to prove to me he can prepare a team and execute at game time. I haven't seen that yet. I want a game that is over by the fourth quarter if not halftime. Mac hasn't proven he can do that yet.

My concerns with special teams have been seriously diminished this off season.

1. Addition by subtraction.
2. Not sure they can be any worse than week one last year.
3. Or the year before
4. Or the year before that
5. Or the year, well you get the point.

I really hope so. Gonzalez in any situation scares me.

Back