What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rocky Mountain Showdown - News & Updates

Just the same ole "this was the worst BCS job in America" line he has used the last couple years.

Maybe true....but the minute Rick George and donors put up the new facilities, the "job" moved swiftly up the list. There are other things behind the scenes too.

It was never true. CU always had more potential than a lot of schools. He finally realized you can't get there with his old staff and players that would succeed at a lower level. But when he gets fired for that realization taking too long, he's set himself up with a great excuse.

Maybe true....but the minute Rick George and donors put up the new facilities, the "job" moved swiftly up the list. There are other things behind the scenes too.
Really wasn't meant to be a debate over the state of the program when he took over, I just think he should stop saying that **** publicly, especially on a radio station that loves to troll any team/fanbase not the Broncos.

See? It is how he is. Always setting up to point the failure finger at someone else. Has taken zero responsibility for his failures. And won't. Always has to remind us of the real/perceived starting point. He can't help it. He is over his head. (Do you doubt that?) I don't. He is a teflon babbler. He is behind his own predictions (3 years) so he has to dance. A full fledged excuse machine.

I am just hoping he really isn't the the "Flimflam man two" He could be?

Regardless,

Go Buffs Get a bowl in spite of

Yeah, it reminds me of that scene in A Few Good Men when Demi Moore acts like a rookie in the courtroom by objecting and then, "strongly objecting," when the judge overrules. Then Kevin Pollak makes her feel like an idiot by explaining that that's not how it works and that you object once to get it on the record but by going a step further, it made it so the judge called the witness an expert and made Tom Cruise's team look like amateurs.

We get it HCMM, we were the laughing stock of college sports when you took over. You've got it on the record. But now it feels like a defense mechanism to protect himself in case the rise isn't real. It comes off as amateur and a move a scared coach would make smh.

Edit: oh nice it's on YouTube

Really wasn't meant to be a debate over the state of the program when he took over, I just think he should stop saying that **** publicly, especially on a radio station that loves to troll any team/fanbase not the Broncos.
I agree that he shouldn't say stuff like that. Appears very defensive and making excuse for underperformance. Those are reasons why I pointed out that the job greatly improved and he owes immense gratitude to those who invested so heavily in the program.

It was never true. CU always had more potential than a lot of schools. He finally realized you can't get there with his old staff and players that would succeed at a lower level. But when he gets fired for that realization taking too long, he's set himself up with a great excuse.
The bold is true, but so is the narrative that CU was the worst P5 program in the country. Montana St, Sacramento St and Fresno St all agree.

Is he taking any social media heat for this ****? sounds like a guy trying pre/defend some ****ty outcomes this season / tenure

Is he taking any social media heat for this ****? sounds like a guy trying pre/defend some ****ty outcomes this season / tenure
No, this isn't new news, he has said this the last couple of seasons. We are probably making this a bigger deal than it really is it was just annoying to hear again with so much to look forward to this season.

No, this isn't new news, he has said this the last couple of seasons. We are probably making this a bigger deal than it really is it was just annoying to hear again with so much to look forward to this season.
alright - I hadn't paid attention till now I guess. bums me out that he would say that in public (true or not)

So all you guys say MM shouldn't refer to the past status of our program but when all of you harp on the past record and not where we are now-- that is ok?

So all you guys say MM shouldn't refer to the past status of our program but when all of you harp on the past record and not where we are now-- that is ok?

You mean the 63-22-2 thing? Well if you don't like that, then how about 6-4 over the past 10 years? Or 4-2 over the last 6?

We use the record over the goats as a sign of dominance over an extended period of time. It is simply a fact. HCMM seems to be trying to build in an excuse in case this season goes wrong.

Completely different intent behind the two scenarios.

Yeah, the 145 people listening to the interview might get the wrong idea.

See? It is how he is. Always setting up to point the failure finger at someone else. Has taken zero responsibility for his failures. And won't. Always has to remind us of the real/perceived starting point. He can't help it. He is over his head. (Do you doubt that?) I don't. He is a teflon babbler. He is behind his own predictions (3 years) so he has to dance. A full fledged excuse machine.

I am just hoping he really isn't the the "Flimflam man two" He could be?

Regardless,

Go Buffs Get a bowl in spite of
You have quite the agenda, don't you? Did Mac do something personally to you or something? Because your continuous rants sure seem personal.

it's due for a re-post

tumblr_nfatpoDAF41s4pqc5o1_250.gif

I didn't mind MM's comment about this being the worst BCS job in the nation - it's a fair answer to a question that was specifically about his 3-year W-L record. How is it fair to judge him on 3 years of Ws and Ls when Embree and Hawkins - two of the worst coaches in the history of the world - had just finished burning our beloved program to the ground?

I still harbor so much resentment towards Klatt and Coach Mac and all of the Embree loyalists who managed to suck any remaining joy out of this program. My animosity is still more directed at past regimes than the current one...

Where I truly empathize with HCMM is when I come here and see all of the comments and criticisms from the diehards - whose expectations are still reflective of our 90s glory days and not anywhere close to being rooted in the reality that HCMM inherited.

Back