What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rose Bowl Thread - Oregon v Florida State

Ducks are gonna be very tough in the big game. Fun to watch. Love this beat down of the Nolllies. :thumbsup:

Helfrich had them ready to play for sure.

The really scary thing is how out of sync Oregon's offense was tonight. Mariota sailed a couple passes in the 1st half. One cost them a TD drive and the other resulted in a rare INT. I'd expect the Ducks to look much better on the 12th.

And a brilliant 2-year run ends for Coach Boomhauer, Crabman and Forced Sex University.

Bama has a load of talent but do they have enough speed to stay with Oregon.

If Oregon can get up with a couple of big plays Bama may not be able to play a style that can get them back into it. Oregon's defense showed tonight what they can do once teams have to try to force things.

Bama has a load of talent but do they have enough speed to stay with Oregon.

If Oregon can get up with a couple of big plays Bama may not be able to play a style that can get them back into it. Oregon's defense showed tonight what they can do once teams have to try to force things.

See what happens tonight, but I think alabama is better than fsu

Lets not get carried away with the anointing of the Duck. The Noles played sloppy all year long, and the 4 turnovers in the 3rd quarter couldn't be overcome by anybody. The score probably wouldn't be the same if they played again.

The really scary thing is how out of sync Oregon's offense was tonight. Mariota sailed a couple passes in the 1st half. One cost them a TD drive and the other resulted in a rare INT. I'd expect the Ducks to look much better on the 12th.

One of the things to count on for the next game, IMO, and especially if it's Bama, is that the opponent is unlikely to beat themselves, as was the case tonight. Not to take anything away from OR, but FSU totally melted down in the second half.

All I keep seeing in my head is Chris Tucker standing over the lifeless body of Chief Osceola yelling, "You got knocked the *&$# out, man!"

Love the huge win for the PAC 12. Last year, the bcs bozos would have had undefeated fsu and put bama over Oregon. The best team would have been left out - again.

What happened?

Thought it was pathetic how badly FSU gave up. Sure, they were getting pounded, but they straight quit

They just bailed to the locker room after the game instead of shaking hands with Oregon.

What happened?

Thought it was pathetic how badly FSU gave up. Sure, they were getting pounded, but they straight quit

Many FSU players went straight to the looker room instead of the customary midfield handshake. Winston did the handshake, though.

I really don't want to read through the last few pages. Has PAHI piped up about how either of the Big 12 Co-Champs would handled Oregon easily?

I really don't want to read through the last few pages. Has PAHI piped up about how either of the Big 12 Co-Champs would handled Oregon easily?

Not sure that PAHI has backed off from that opinion. Somehow the Pac-12 is still an average P5 conference and Oregon is soft.

This one makes a compelling argument for why we needed a playoff. Last year, FSU would have played Alabama for the MNC while Oregon and Ohio State met in a Rose Bowl of the disrespected.

Yeah, FSU was exposed by inferior ACC teams but no one could close it out. A quandary for the selection committee, too.

The only pick they messed up was OSU and even that is debatable. FSU didn't lose. How do you keep out a P5 champion that had 0 losses? The answer is you don't.

ESPN is building the infrastructure for a 16 team playoff. The "New Year's 6" is the first 12 teams, then you have 4 with a bye week. The NC game would happen sometime between the Pro Bowl and the Super Bowl.

16 teams is 8 too many, and a bye week is just a bad idea. The rankings aren't adequate to award byes, and this game proves the selection committee screwed up, even if they had no choice. Al P5s are not equal.

Yeah, FSU was exposed by inferior ACC teams but no one could close it out. A quandary for the selection committee, too.

Yeah. I would bet that if you asked each selection committee member whether he thought FSU was a better football team than either Ohio State or TCU they would have pretty much all said "no"... but you simply can't leave out a defending national champion that went undefeated at 13-0 while playing 3 P5 opponents in the non-conference. You just couldn't leave them out.

my two favorite tweets from the post game...

B6Treg2IgAAZqF_.jpg:large

[tweet]550827648818376705[/tweet]

Back